Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 16:18   #76
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Leh in a Tata Nexon EV Max | Stuck on Kashmir highway | Charging issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Thanks to all of you who reached out and helped. I reached Leh. In the uphill range is about 1-1.5 kms per 1 percent. But then you get lot of downhill also in this route.

Srinagar to Sonmarg 90 kms in approx 31 percent uphill from 1500m to 2700m.
Sonmarg to Kargil including Zozilla pass 122 kms in 35 percent.
Kargil to Mulbekh 39 kms in 16 percent uphill from 2000m to 3300 m.
Mulbekh to Leh 180 kms in 48 percent. This included uphill with two passes.
Great to hear that you have reached Leh. I had a question - Post Srinagar, where all did you charge?
Quote:
But this contract weld error is very specific to TATA EVs.
The error is not specific to Tata, Each manufacturer has a different naming to it. See my earlier post below for example

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Also, this issue is not limited to Tata cars. This happens in MG as well. A person faced it twice, everyone can read his experience on the link
Old 22nd July 2024, 17:54   #77
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Leh in a Tata Nexon EV Max | Stuck on Kashmir highway | Charging issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Great to hear that you have reached Leh. I had a question - Post Srinagar, where all did you charge?
The error is not specific to Tata, Each manufacturer has a different naming to it. See my earlier post below for example
Many hotels and restaurants provide charging facilities in Ladakh if they have 15A plug point available. Sometimes we have to tell them that it is the AC or geyser point. Please carry an extension cable of at least 10 meters with earthing kit. Almost everywhere we faced earthing issues and had to use the kit. However the provision is not available everywhere.

Few more points we have observed.

1. Fast charging is available in Leh. But only from 10-4 Monday to Saturday. Its offline charger and not available in plug share or any other app.
2. Tata charger can charge from 5A points also. It can vary the current on its own and the charging time will vary. We have charged twice in 5A socket. We used direct wires connected to the pins of the extension cable, and then connected the charger to the extension cable earthing kit. It worked. Twice. It gives more confidence in remote areas.
3. Even with 15A plug point, the charging speed varies across connection.
4. Don't expect 15A charging support in Punjab or Chandigarh. We had bad experience.
5. Most of the bigger hotels and restaurants did not even charge us for charging. Free fuel.
6. I was getting real good range in Mountains. But I was using a lot of region 0 coasting and the average speed was lower. Today I tried driving with region 1 with higher speed. I actually ended up getting the same range. In regen 1 also you may do coasting as explained in another post in another thread. I wa snot aware of this, but after reading the post, I tried this today and it worked.

Trust me, it's a pleasure driving an ev in the mountains. Very stable, you may carry higher speeds. Today while I was trying higher speed driving with region 1, I was easily overtaking JK 10 and LA taxis, if you know what I mean. The instant torque is a gift in the mountains.

Last edited by sumannandy : 22nd July 2024 at 17:57.
sumannandy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 18:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
1. Fast charging is available in Leh. But only from 10-4 Monday to Saturday. Its offline charger and not available in plug share or any other app
Please add this to plugshare. This will be useful for other users. You can mention the details you provided in the description.
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks