Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2024, 17:15   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mercedes EQA 250+ Review

Not impressed by the EQA. The styling of the car, like all other EQs, is pretty unimpressive. Won’t age well. The interiors also look fairly dull and drab. More importantly, the powertrain is weak. Performance is incrementally better than Nexon EV and about par with ZS EV. Absolutely no comparison with similarly priced peers or even the Ioniq5. Merc’s lame approach with regards to its ICE powertrains is carrying over to the EVs, and that’s bad news.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 18:12   #17
BHPian

Rear looks hideous. Personally speaking and this might divide opinions, BYD Atto is leagues ahead, assuming that EV cars are primarily used for city driving only at present.
PB65 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 21:04   #18
BHPian

The review mentions the knee up position for passengers in the rear seat but the angle shown in the photo looks very uncomfortable. The Nexon 3.0 EV (LR version) also suffers from the same due to the higher thickness of the battery at the bottom. Do all EV cars suffer from this issue? What about ZS EV and Ioniq 5?
Old 9th July 2024, 06:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
The review mentions the knee up position for passengers in the rear seat but the angle shown in the photo looks very uncomfortable. The Nexon 3.0 EV (LR version) also suffers from the same due to the higher thickness of the battery at the bottom. Do all EV cars suffer from this issue? What about ZS EV and Ioniq 5?
Most EVs don’t. I fact the Tiago ev with the battery underneath the seat and boot doesn’t have this issue. Only the Nexon LR, eC3 and now the EQA. I’ve sat in the ZS and Astor and they feel pretty much the same.

Last edited by mally2 : 9th July 2024 at 06:48.
Old 9th July 2024, 07:00   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Most EVs don’t. I fact the Tiago ev with the battery underneath the seat and boot doesn’t have this issue. Only the Nexon LR, eC3 and now the EQA. I’ve sat in the ZS and Astor and they feel pretty much the same.
I agree, but sometimes there are defective batteries.
Old 9th July 2024, 10:01   #21
BHPian

Underwhelming launch. Why would anyone pick this over C40/EV6/Seal? Powertrains comparable to 25L EVs and compromised space at the rear. Mercedes in general have good lineup let down by their Powertrains. Its time they wake up and provide atleast what competitor is giving. Except GLC, I don't see any other good offering from Merc within a CR.
Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:08   #22
BHPian

An in-depth, fair and square review. Must read for all prospective buyers. Thank you for sharing.
Old 10th July 2024, 10:16   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz EQA on the price graph against other premium electric crossovers from BMW, Kia, Volvo and Hyundai.

Mercedes EQA 250+ Review-20240710_101508.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 13:22   #24
BHPian

Which amongst the above list doesn’t suffer from the knees up rear seating, mentioned in most reviews? Is this only a problem in EVs which share platform with ICE cars or pure EV platforms have this problem too? This was one of my major grouse even when TDing IC XC40. If EVs are even worse then it seems like a major deal breaker especially for taller folks like me.
Old 10th July 2024, 14:02   #25
Team-BHP Support

The EQA is a great proposition for affluent retirees who are empty nesters. If grandchildren are involved, then its the EQB.

Otherwise it is a dull package drive wise. I personally like the Kia EV6.
Old 14th July 2024, 14:03   #26
BHPian

Had a quick look, and the rear seat is uncomfortable with occupants destined to the now-familiar knees-up posture. I would not pay the premium unless, as someone here commented, you are a well-off retiree or an empty nester and the rear seat is only for placing shopping bags....
Old 15th July 2024, 19:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Do all EV cars suffer from this issue?
I own a Volvo EX30 twin motor abroad with 69kwh battery. The thickness of the floor is evident. Both the front seat and rear seat passengers have to sit knee up. Quite uncomfortable for decently sized people on longer trips. The one saving grace is the silly acceleration leaving your organs still standing at the previous intersection, it redeems itself more than enough that way.
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I own a Volvo EX30 twin motor abroad with 69kwh battery. The thickness of the floor is evident. Both the front seat and rear seat passengers have to sit knee up. Quite uncomfortable for decently sized people on longer trips. The one saving grace is the silly acceleration leaving your organs still standing at the previous intersection, it redeems itself more than enough that way.
So this is because EVs have batteries deposited beneath the floor, right? Then raising the height of the vehicle is the only solution so that the seats can be pushed up as well. And this then introduces higher centre of gravity and associated handling problems? Wonder how many tall folks then opt for EVs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks