Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2024, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Phoenix Cop hilariously pulls over Driverless Waymo going wrong way | Who pays the ticket?

Interesting !!

Police in Phoenix pulled over a Waymo robotaxi after it temporarily drove into an oncoming lane of traffic.

The cop was unable to write a ticket because there was no human driver present.

The officer’s confusion is audible after he goes up to the driver’s side of the vehicle — which is designed to pull over when it detects emergency lights and sirens — and sees that the car he stopped doesn’t have a driver.

The driver’s window on the car owned by Waymo — which is run by Google’s parent company Alphabet, Inc. — rolls down.

The vehicle’s audio system then connects the officer with a company representative, and the cop informs them of the problem.

“So your car here drove into oncoming lanes of traffic,” the officer informs the company.

The rep responds, “OK, I’ll go ahead and take a look at that right now.”

Link
NomadSK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 14:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Phoenix Cop hilariously pulls over Driverless Waymo going wrong way | Who pays the ticket?

The article ends with:

Quote:
Waymo said in a statement that the vehicle had “encountered inconsistent construction signage” during the trip, causing it to move into an oncoming lane of traffic.
So it’s not the faults of the plonkers who programmed this death trap, but the construction workers who put up inconsistent signage!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 15:22   #3
BHPian

re: Phoenix Cop hilariously pulls over Driverless Waymo going wrong way | Who pays the ticket?

To be honest, I'm not sure if I should be scared about these cars or if I should laugh!

On a serious note, I think these cars might be causing a lot of accidents in the near future, because of incidents like these!

If these driverless cars were to come to India, God forbid, I really don't wanna be on the same road as these cars, I have nothing against them, but I just don't want to! With the type of people on the road driving like it's their "baap's" road, it's just not gonna cut it! There might be a heck load of accidents left, right and centre!!

Last edited by nova.19_exe : 5th July 2024 at 15:23.
nova.19_exe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks