Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2024, 15:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari plans to offer $7,500 annual subscription for its hybrid and EV batteries

According to media reports, Ferrari plans to introduce an annual battery subscription service for its hybrid and future all-electric vehicles. The $7,500 annual subscription service is intended to ease customer concerns of battery degradation, while also helping the vehicles maintain their resale value.

Ferrari plans to offer ,500 annual subscription for its hybrid and EV batteries-sf90stradale.jpg

The extended battery warranty service allows owners to replace their battery after 8 years, as long as there has been no earlier swap. They would also be automatically entitled to a second battery swap on the car's 16th year of ownership. Ferrari CEO, Benedetto Vigna states that along with peace of mind for its owners, the subscription service also brings in a steady stream of revenue for the brand.

As per reports, Ferrari's hybrid models are already outselling its conventional internal combustion vehicles. It also stated that between July & September last year, the hybrid models accounted for 51% of the brand's sales.

Ferrari is also developing its first EV, scheduled to make its global debut sometime by late 2025.

Source: Bloomberg

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 1st July 2024 at 15:08.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 15:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari plans to offer $7,500 annual subscription for its hybrid and EV batteries

One interesting question I would ask here how much % of Ferrari owners keep the car beyond 5-7 years? And is the subscription carried forward or only for original owner.

16 years - thats too much to expect Is it a Toyota or a Ferrari...!
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 17:58   #3

Re: Ferrari plans to offer $7,500 annual subscription for its hybrid and EV batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
One interesting question I would ask here how much % of Ferrari owners keep the car beyond 5-7 years? And is the subscription carried forward or only for original owner.

16 years - thats too much to expect Is it a Toyota or a Ferrari...!
I think it is to ease out the concerns regarding resale value of electric and hybrid Ferraris. Battery degradation and the high replacement cost is one of the reasons why evs have high depreciation rates apart from rapidly improving technology. I think Ferraris do last long, quiet a few old ones can be seen even today.
Duster85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 18:25   #4
BHPian

What would be the cost of the car if battery is leased ? Find it expensive at the amount they mention for the battery.
I am not even sure what the depreciation of just the battery would be and this is way too much.

Most Viewed