Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2024, 13:29   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled

Possibly the most interesting thread I've read recently, looking forward to updates!
kc0403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 13:42   #17
BHPian

Now that's what I call dedication
Take a look at this channel - https://www.youtube.com/@ElectricSuperCar. Might be of help in figuring out the electronics part of the car.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 13:47   #18
BHPian

This was a fun read! Keep updating the thread as often as possible.
Roy.S is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 14:01   #19
BHPian

Incredible.. I'm sure you only gave us a glimpse of the entire project. Please do share more on the planning process as well. Congratulations and all the best!
somspaple is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 14:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Note to self -
So this is how Steve Jobs, or Musk, or Mark started their journey.
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 16:29   #21

Hey Mate!

That's some pretty inspiring stuff there. Amazing job... and I loved the render of the car, especially the red color. Can't wait to see how it turns out. You are doing the stuff of dreams of many young people in India.. moreover, There are also a few Places in Mumbai who manufacture Carbon-fibre parts at a reasonable price. So I suggest incorporating them into your car for better rigidity, strength, light-weighted and safety. This could compensate for the battery weight of the car. As this is a sports car, you could also try the 'double wishbone suspension' as seen in modern F1 cars.

Anyways, these are my opinions and keep rocking!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th June 2024 at 12:29. Reason: Minor spacing
DasAutoFanatic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 17:17   #22
BHPian

Eagerly looking forward to the updates on this thread! This is the stuff of dreams!
kkSolo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 17:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Very enterprising! All the best.
PS: Are you Dilip Chhabria's son or nephew!? Just kidding.
The car actually looks good so probably not.
Cresterk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 18:10   #24
BHPian

This is excellent work. Congratulations
The fact that you made your own 5axis CNC router is itself a huge achievement.
Best wishes for your project, looking forward to it being completed and out on the roads.
Cheers
chandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 20:02   #25
BHPian

My goodness. Hats off to your perseverance. It's heartening to see people so passionate about cars and their determination to get it done. Love to see the same on road soon. Keep us updated.
Enviroclan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 20:10   #26
BHPian

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-maxresdefault.jpg
Insane work! This reminded me of the FZR-2000 fantasy car from Need for Speed II SE.

As a fellow engineering student, your project reminded me of my dream to build an electric car for my final year engineering project. In the end, due mostly to financial constraints, all we could build was a battery management system, which was some consolation.
dazdandconfuzd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 21:41   #27

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your love and support!
I'm new to Team-BHP and still figuring out the user interface, so if anyone can guide me, I'd really appreciate it. Apologies if I'm not able to communicate properly on this forum. Do we have any kind of meetups or WhatsApp groups? Please guide me about that. You guys have no idea how much your support and even small comments help boost our confidence.

I've received a lot of curiosity from you about me, my vision, what I aim to achieve, how I do things, how I learned, how much I've spent, and how I'm funding the project. In this post, I'll explain everything in detail to help you connect with my journey so you can start yours ASAP.

Before social media took off, I watched a documentary about the Tesla Roadster on the National Geographic Channel. This piqued my interest, and I began learning about other companies, which eventually led me to my idol, Mate Rimac.

Mate Rimac, at just 22, was building the world's most powerful and beautiful cars, learning everything on his own. He had no mentors, no family background in the field, no money, and no formal education in it. Plus, Croatia, his home country, is not a developed nation. Despite all this, he managed to create stunning machines.

The Vision

Unlike creating another super exotic and very expensive car brand, my goal is to build the ecosystem and technology so that fellow Indians don't feel unsupported. India dominates the IT sector and has thousands of startups in the service field, but we lag in hardware and manufacturing technology. I want to make hardware and technology startups easier to establish in India.
A big shoutout to Ather Energy, Ultraviolette, and Ola Electric for doing such great work. Despite their efforts, hardware, machines, and technology manufacturing still feel alien in India. My mission is to make every Indian comfortable with these fields.
Imagine if Rimac were an Indian startup. How confident would we Indians feel? Imagine the flood of hardware startups that could emerge because of that confidence.

After creating the Super-lightning—the first shell of the blue car you guys saw—I had the moulds ready to produce as many shells as I wanted. I also built a basic chassis. However, I didn't have the IP rights to launch that particular model.

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-blue-1.jpg

My plan was to build three working prototypes to present to potential investors. This is where the real journey began. To get funding, we needed to be registered as a company. So, I started searching for names and filed for few trademarks. The first One Was VAHANA which is a Sanskrit term for vehicle and another was HYPERPACE The only name that got approved was "Hyperpace."

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-hyperpace-black.png
HYPERPACE LOGO
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-vahana-logo-black.png
VAHANA LOGO

Which one do you guys like the most ?

Just like jets break the sound barrier, Hyperpace is a concept where something travels faster than light. To register as a private limited company in India, you need at least two directors. I made my most supportive friend the other director, and we got the company registered. However, I was the only one with the technical know-how, so the entire project so far has been a one-man show.

I had to do everything on my own. So, as of now, it's just me with a private limited company, our own brand with a logo, and non-working prototypes. But I have very high ambition and adrenaline to drive me forward. The picture you saw was of Diwali last year, so the prototypes you see are about a year old. Things have changed a lot in a year. Stay tuned, guys; a lot is coming for you.

Open Invitation

I'm always available to share my knowledge, assets, skills, guidance, or anything that can help my fellow Indians achieve their goals of building cars or starting a startup. And for all this, I don't want any kind of profit. I just want our community to grow. As a legend once said, "What a car guy wants is more car guys around him." So, if anyone want designs, moulds, shells, or advice on how to build them, or if you want to join my journey or have me be part of yours, feel free to connect with me here.

I really appreciate your suggestions and advice, so please don’t hesitate to write more.

Cheers,
Sumeet

Here are some renderings of the superlighting.

Attachment 2607122
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-b2.jpg
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-r1.jpg
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-f3.jpg
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-carpaint_1.png
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-carpaint_3.png
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-carpaint_4.png
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-carpaint_5.png
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-blue-3.png  

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-b1.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 19th May 2024 at 10:54. Reason: Social media handle removed. Thanks.
startupdaddyy is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 11:03   #28

Looks quite good. Similar to Saleen s7.
UchihaItachi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 11:36   #29

That is one beautiful design and implementation. Excellent job on the smooth details of the body as well. I can only imagine how many hours of hardwork must have gone into making it so good with just manual labour. Eagerly waiting to read more and more about this journey. My best wishes to you!
revvingbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 14:14   #30
BHPian

A very interesting thread. I really liked your design, wishing you the best of luck!

A few months back, i designed this electric hyper car with the help of AI tools.
Looks pretty cool to me.

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-electric-concept-1-3.png

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-electric-concept-1-1.png

DIY: Building India's First All-Electric Sports Car | My journey unveiled-electric-concept-1-2.png
omranga98 is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks