Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2024, 04:31   #46
BHPian

Re: BYD Seal Review

I am still waiting for pictures of all the colour options available, as renders never do them justice. I see that black looks menacing. A friend of mine took delivery in Atlantis Grey and it looks amazing too. Arctic Blue seems like a neutral colour that most people might opt for which I am much of a fan of. I need to see the other three colors in person to make a decision. Aurora White with green plates might look off. I'm a fan of the murdered-out look and would personally go for Cosmos Black, but since the car is mainly for my wife, she would prefer it in Atlantis Grey, a strong purple-blue that tends towards grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoyal9 View Post
Are bookings still open? I thought that it was sold out essentially until a new batch arrives.
Bookings are open, though I’m not entirely certain if they face a Hycross ZX/ZXO situation. Would you mind making an enquiry at your nearest dealership?
hAwX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 13:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
I am still waiting for pictures of all the colour options available, as renders never do them justice. I see that black looks menacing. A friend of mine took delivery in Atlantis Grey and it looks amazing too. Arctic Blue seems like a neutral colour that most people might opt for which I am much of a fan of. I need to see the other three colors in person to make a decision. Aurora White with green plates might look off. I'm a fan of the murdered-out look and would personally go for Cosmos Black, but since the car is mainly for my wife, she would prefer it in Atlantis Grey, a strong purple-blue that tends towards grey.

Bookings are open, though I’m not entirely certain if they face a Hycross ZX/ZXO situation. Would you mind making an enquiry at your nearest dealership?
I am in a similar dilemma. I booked arctic blue in the first week of April, however as I go deeper into reviews/drives etc, the Atlantic grey is starting to appeal more. I love black as well, however the colour tends to hide the beautiful curves of the sedan, plus the heat absorption factor!

Apparently, grey is the best seller along with black. I was completely sold on blue before someone showed me a comparison with a similar colour wagonR .
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:35   #48

I saw a red number plate Seal around HSR Layout today in the silver/whitish color. It sure is a looker alright! Even better in person. Low slung and really good looking. Was not able to capture a picture because of it moving quickly in the opposite side but it seems like deliveries are going to start soon.
Old 3rd May 2024, 21:07   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I saw a red number plate Seal around HSR Layout today in the silver/whitish color. It sure is a looker alright! Even better in person. Low slung and really good looking. Was not able to capture a picture because of it moving quickly in the opposite side but it seems like deliveries are going to start soon.
If it was the light bluish one, I saw it pass me at Richmond Circle around 6 pm
Old 4th May 2024, 15:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
I am still waiting for pictures of all the colour options available, as renders never do them justice.
BYD Seal Review-img_8713.jpeg

These are all the colours next to each other from the delivery event in Kerala.

Quote:
I saw a red number plate Seal around HSR Layout today in the silver/whitish color.
BYD Seal Review-img_8128.jpeg

This is the Shark Grey Seal Performance demo unit in Bengaluru. This is an exclusive import by the dealer and this colour is unfortunately not available to order in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If it was the light bluish one, I saw it pass me at Richmond Circle around 6 pm
BYD Seal Review-img_7784.jpeg

This is the Arctic Blue Seal Premium demo unit in Bengaluru. My personal favourite out of the lot.

BYD Seal Review-img_8164.jpeg
BYD Seal Review-55df52ea751d470482e096053cadf16d.jpeg
BYD Seal Review-3dafa0fa84794567b828290b51574615.jpeg

Attached above are the Atlantis Grey, Aurora White and Cosmos Black Seals from the Chennai dealer. Yes, I did go on quite the Seal hunt
Kevinrevvz is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 11:16   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Came across BYD Seal Atlantis Grey on Friday while returning from office in Pune and it was actually impressive from all angles.
I took almost full circle of the car while driving towards my home and the guys driving were enjoying the attention they were getting from people like me hence looked in no hurry to zoom and vanish.
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 18:43   #52
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Yesterday, I saw the BYD SEAL at the Delhi airport. As soon as I spotted it, I ran towards it like a little child at a candy shop.

Of course, all I could do was sit in it. I spent about 20 mins inside it - front seat and back. The driver seat was so darn comfortable. But my long legs could do with some more under thigh support. I also felt it was very very low sitting. I suppose I should blame that on years of owning a Nano and hardly driving any other car. I think I have forgotten my long ownerships of the original Baleno, the Honda City and the Ikon. Has it really been that long since I owned a proper low slung sedan? Hmm.. Time to make some changes.

But, coming back to the SEAL, I think with some seat height adjustments etc I will be at home within 30 mins of driving it. Yes, the Chinese are killing it and before they kill our auto industry, we must do something about it soon.
sjain2054 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 12:43   #53
BHPian

Are dealers offering any kind of discount on SEAL? I have visited BYD showroom in Noida, but since I was in hurry could not talk much or discuss, He shared the regular price sheet.
Its decently priced but if there is some discount, it will become very lucrative buy.

I have never driven EV car yet, not sure how these drives, but SEAL was looking very premium from inside & sporty from outside. GC is almost same as my 530i, so I can live with it.
Anki_252hp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 16:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Bookings for the BYD Seal electric sedan have crossed the 1,000 unit mark.

BYD Seal Review-20240520_162912.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th May 2024 at 16:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 23:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Was following this white beauty (nonperformance) for some time today.

BYD Seal Review-img_20240521_190201.jpg

The car was literally floating. Kudos BYD
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 19:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

BYD India mega delivery event

Quote:
200 BYD SEALs are ready to be delivered to their proud new owners across cities. We couldn’t be more excited to welcome you to the BYD family. Here’s to many memorable miles ahead on your driving journey with us.
BYD Seal Review-fb_img_1716730805733.jpg

BYD Seal Review-fb_img_1716730808405.jpg

BYD Seal Review-fb_img_1716730810888.jpg

BYD Seal Review-fb_img_1716730813246.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 16:25   #57
BHPian

Apparently, Anil Ambani has also bought a BYD Seal Premium variant and he was earlier seen in an Ioniq 5, so it seems he is an EV convert or maybe due to lower running costs

I wish BYD had offered a few more features given its price in India compared to the price in China.

Features like frameless doors, a proper panoramic sunroof which is openable, front massage seats, UV cut window glasses, a space saver tire, cooled glovebox, a sunglass holder, laser headlights, a Vehicle to Load (VTL) socket inside the car like the Ioniq 5, better regen, one pedal driving mode, a driving mode which allows instant acceleration like launch mode or race mode, a magnetic phone dock like Ioniq 5, puddle lamps on ORVMs and door handles, 3 zone climate control, a hatchback/notchback like boot opening like the BMW i4, rear window sunshades or privacy glass for the rear, more interior colour options like abroad, zero gravity seats or adjustable thigh support for front seats, a physical switch on the steering wheel to change driving modes, 4 parking sensors front & back, rear seat entertainment, electronic steering adjust, rooftop AC vents for front passengers (idea because of the present Delhi heat).

This would make the car complete.
beemer5499 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 17:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
Features like frameless doors, a proper panoramic sunroof which is openable, front massage seats, UV cut window glasses, a space saver tire, cooled glovebox, a sunglass holder, laser headlights, a Vehicle to Load (VTL) socket inside the car like the Ioniq 5, better regen, one pedal driving mode, a driving mode which allows instant acceleration like launch mode or race mode, a magnetic phone dock like Ioniq 5, puddle lamps on ORVMs and door handles, 3 zone climate control, a hatchback/notchback like boot opening like the BMW i4, rear window sunshades or privacy glass for the rear, more interior colour options like abroad, zero gravity seats or adjustable thigh support for front seats, a physical switch on the steering wheel to change driving modes, 4 parking sensors front & back, rear seat entertainment, electronic steering adjust, rooftop AC vents for front passengers (idea because of the present Delhi heat).

A few you said? I wonder what your list of “a lot more features” would look like!

Jokes aside - that’s a superb list of additions which I’m sure potential Seal buyers would appreciate. But honestly, I’d trade all of them out together for just 20mm more ground clearance.
pavanmadhini is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 18:35   #59
BHPian

BYD's Seal is a good, sporty looking car that, atleast through the specs, is a ridiculously fast car for our streets at the price. Nevermind the Chinese origins, I'm sure problems (if any) will get exposed with time but as of now it's great to see that we're finally getting seriously quick cars for not insane prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
I wish BYD had offered a few more features given its price in India compared to the price in China.
That's hardly a 'few' more features you listed mate
BYD is already selling these initial few units at a loss, to correct for the price, if I recall correctly from the launch thread. I wonder if they can afford to cut their margins for the future, locally built model.
Old 29th May 2024, 08:29   #60
BHPian

I am tempted for the BYD seal, however the dark interior colour scheme, low GC and rear seats (problem for my parents) and sort of funky interiors are affecting my decision.

Even if BYD address the interior colour scheme and low GC, I'll put my money down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks