Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2024, 00:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: BYD Seal : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
I am not sure what exactly you are asking but after driving both premium and performance and some other performance cars over the last two years under 1cr in India, i can tell you this.

...the statement of it not feeling as fast makes no sense and before someone comments that their nexon ev feels faster let me make it clear, the BYD seal feels like how a 500 bhp car would feel like, and unless youve been playing around a tesla plaid model as your daily, no matter what car youve been driving in india under 2cr, you will come out with your jaw dropped.
Oh, I'm quite sure it's fast once it gets going. We were talking about the throttle response which is something many BHPians seem to be complaining about. It's when you are cruising normally and then suddenly push the accelerator and how long the car takes to react to it. Or when you are braking and then switch over to accelerating.

Electric or hybrid cars generally have way better throttle responses compared to conventional ICE cars since there is no gearbox to downshift and no spooling up of a turbo.

Other reasons for why throttle response could be bad can be overly aggressive traction control or economy modes.

These are just guesses since I have not driven the BYD seal. We just bought a new car and I would feel bad to request a test drive with no intention of buying. I am really fascinated by the Seal though which is why I asked what it was like to drive compared to other cars I have driven.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 04:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
No offense sir, this statement makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure you drove the BYD seal under normal circumstances i.e the car was perfectly allright? The ZS EV accelerates to 100 in 8 odd seconds while the premium version of seal does this is 5 odd seconds, how did you feel the seal is slower? The pull was so good it gave me a little headspin in the premium version itself. Reminded me how impressed i was with the c300d. The zs ev is not even close.

The performance variant is not even in contention, its one of thr fastest production car under 2cr in India.
I am not talking about 0-100KMPH times, it's the initial lag in throttle response.
One needs to prod the throttle a bit more in Seal over the likes of ZS or Kona to get going.
Once it gets going, the response is fine.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 08:06   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

BYD Seal's media drive reviews will be out on April 22 at 9 am.

BYD Seal : A Close Look-glsqw4pxkaaiqum.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-glsqw6dwsaary0d.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-glsqw7xxcaav9pi.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-glsqw6twwaavsok.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-screenshot-20240417-080935.png

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th April 2024 at 08:12.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 08:45   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
BYD Seal in cosmos black color, from the media drive.
More pictures

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323578468.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323575030.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323584497.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323588759.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323591238.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323593661.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323597172.jpg

BYD Seal : A Close Look-fb_img_1713323603095.jpg

Source : EvoIndia
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 22:13   #125
BHPian

Gentlemen,
The parameters of review need to be shifted when it comes to this car. This is currently the most powerful car under 1 Cr at a fantastic price.

See drag races on youtube. This car keeps up with a Huracan! It beats the Nissan GTR! A souped up M3 is not even close to the car!

This is one hell of a car at one hell of a price. The likes of the germans pricing their vehicles at twice the price for half the performance will throw the market into a tantrum globally. It competes with the likes of Model 3 and is a product of the future.

503 bhp!!
hrk997 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 22:46   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
Gentlemen,

See drag races on Youtube. This car keeps up with a Huracan! It beats the Nissan GTR! A souped up M3 is not even close to the car!

This is one hell of a car at one hell of a price. The likes of the germans pricing their vehicles at twice the price for half the performance will throw the market into a tantrum globally. It competes with the likes of Model 3 and is a product of the future.
503 bhp!!
That's why they say EV have democratized performance, which was the preserve of the rich. Even a humble Punch EV runs rings around cars costing more than twice. Many an EV buyers are sold on just the single-gear stepless acceleration.

Mod Note: Our BYD Seal Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd April 2024 at 09:12. Reason: Link to review added
pgsagar is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed