Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 11:22   #31
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review

I have another observation that I haven't seen discussed much. Mahindra's vehicles don't feature speed-sensitive steering. Instead, they offer a manually adjustable system. The XUV 400 includes this feature, allowing drivers to manually control the steering weight, much like the XUV 300. This feature proves quite useful, when navigating through traffic, parking, and on highways. However, in the EV variant, Mahindra has integrated this feature with throttle response, regen level and maximum speed, which I think is a drawback.

For instance, on highways, the "Fearless" mode (Mahindra's term for Sport mode) will be very useful as intended by the manufacturer, which offers max steering wheel weight and lowest regen level. But, in this mode, the pedal is super sensitive, and vehicle exhibits aggressive throttle response, resulting a rapid drop in range. I wonder how this is impacting in scenarios such as long drives or highway cruising where both max range and max steering feedback are important at the same time. While the max steering weight is achievable in Fearless mode (or Sport mode), which is crucial for long drives, achieving max range is more likely in Fun mode (or Eco mode), which is also essential for EVs out on long distance journeys. Besides, for actual Fun drive, there will be times when light steering with high throttle response is desired, but this isn't feasible due to the linked setup.

I believe this is a flawed strategy by Mahindra in linking throttle and steering weight. They could have kept them independent.

I would like to see anyone share their experiences from the XUV 400 or insights into how this is managed in Tata EV cars or the MG ZS? Specifically, does the steering weight adjust according to speed regardless of eco or sport mode?
nhkvarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 16:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkvarma View Post
Finally, thanks for bringing the Nebula Blue colour pics. Its too reflective to assess the colour though. Happy if someone else can post more pictures.
Hi all,

Finally, I managed to locate the Nebula colour. Upon request, the salesperson offered me to take a closer look at it. Despite some dust on it and cloudy conditions, it proved too reflective to truly capture its colors . This is the best I could manage.

In these pictures, it may appear somewhat similar to the XUV 700 Midnight, but it's not. It's slightly different and definitely unique compared to any other car's blue shade I've seen in current market. There's a sparkling paint effect when observed closely, yet it remains super reflective to determine the right tone. I also noticed a transforming colour effect, shifting between dark blue, bluish green, and bluish-black shades depending on angles and lighting. Personally, I wasn't fond of the copper accents on this one. I believe metallic space grey accents could offer a better aesthetic.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img_5106.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img_5107.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img_5108.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img_5109.jpeg  

nhkvarma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 23:57   #33

Hi BHPians

I took the plunge and bought home the Nebula Blue XUV400 (2024) today. Took a very quick decision and managed to get an additional 30k [10k corporate + 20k dealer + 5k on insurance] (above the 50k being routinely offered) on account of FY closing and the colour being in stock with the dealer.

My onroad price for the top end XUV400 EL Pro DT variant was 17.70L.

The Nebula Blue colour is definitely very interesting.

It appears more blue in well-lit direct light environments and more black otherwise.

Attaching a few pics for reference of all.

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-whatsapp-image-20240331-1.48.27-pm.jpeg

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-whatsapp-image-20240331-11.47.36-pm.jpeg
studdocs is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 14:01   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdocs View Post
Hi BHPians

I took the plunge and bought home the Nebula Blue XUV400 (2024) today. Took a very quick decision and managed to get an additional 30k [10k corporate + 20k dealer + 5k on insurance] (above the 50k being routinely offered) on account of FY closing and the colour being in stock with the dealer.

The Nebula Blue colour is definitely very interesting.

It appears more blue in well-lit direct light environments and more black otherwise.

Attaching a few pics for reference of all.

Attachment 2588693

Attachment 2588694
Congratulations on the purchase. I also bought the black and copper el pro on 28th. Discounts were similar to what you have mentioned.

Do you get reverse guidelines? And what is the range? I could only get 240 on fun mode.
Old 8th April 2024, 15:17   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitaga View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. I also bought the black and copper el pro on 28th. Discounts were similar to what you have mentioned.

Do you get reverse guidelines? And what is the range? I could only get 240 on fun mode.
Hi.. no reverse guidelines yet. Range is around 200km as I usually drive in dense bumper to bumper traffic with AC on with an avg speed of 15kmph.

I also feel that the battery management system does consume some battery even when the car is parked in sun.
Old 8th April 2024, 15:46   #36

Quote:
Hi.. no reverse guidelines yet. Range is around 200km as I usually drive in dense bumper to bumper traffic with AC on with an avg speed of 15kmph.

I also feel that the battery management system does consume some battery even when the car is parked in sun.
Oh is it.. I didn't notice this yet, will keep an eye on it. On the range, my father got a bit enthusiastic on his first log ride with it and drove on Fast mode for around 50% of the distance on the highway. He got 165KMS @ 95% luckily it was 165 KMs only. Coming back he was restricted to Fun mode and got 165KMs @ 72%

Couple of issues I am facing so far:
1. No guidelines on the reverse camera, which salesperson told that it will be released on 1st April, at the time of purchase. But I am assuming it will be somewhere by the end of April.
2. None of the connected features are working. The app doesn't even load and it shows my older XUV500 and 2 XUX400, don't know why.
3. eSim KYC is still not done, following up with the dealer and hoping to get it done within this week.
4. Wall mount 7.2KW charge disconnects frequently. It disconnects just above 230V. So not reliable at all, whereas the portable small charger works flawlessly.
mohitaga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 23:58   #37

Quote:
2. None of the connected features are working. The app doesn't even load and it shows my older XUV500 and 2 XUX400, don't know why.
Are your using the Adrenox App?? It will work only after KYC is done. The showroom fellas themselves keep asking you to download the bluesense app, as they themselves are not aware that smart features are now on the Adrenox App. Attached is my WhatsApp banter with them reg. Adrenox vs Bluesense
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-whatsapp-image-20240408-11.55.50-pm.jpeg  

Old 9th April 2024, 06:10   #38

Quote:
Are your using the Adrenox App?? It will work only after KYC is done. The showroom fellas themselves keep asking you to download the bluesense app, as they themselves are not aware that smart features are now on the Adrenox App. Attached is my WhatsApp banter with them reg. Adrenox vs Bluesense
OMG! I have been chasing them and they have no clue about this app. In fact our sales person told us that it doesn’t have Adrenox but I saw the Adrenox banner..

Thank you so much, it’s working for me. Does location of your car works? I keep getting error message on location both on app as well as on map my India app on console.

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img_5270.jpeg

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img_5271.png

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th April 2024 at 06:45. Reason: Post edited for formatting + corrected typos for Adrenox.
Old 9th April 2024, 07:50   #39

Quote:
OMG! I have been chasing them and they have no clue about this app. In fact our sales person told us that it doesn’t have Adrenox but I saw the Adrenox banner..

Thank you so much, it’s working for me. Does location of your car works? I keep getting error message on location both on app as well as on map my India app
Yes. The location does work for me most of the time. I suggest you to drive around a bit. Give it time after KYC to take any updates etc. Else, discuss with your service advisor at 1000km checkup.

In my experience, XUV400 is a very solid vehicle with amazing suspension. It does have the routine range issues which will come on all electric vehicles and we'll adapt to the true range as per our driving habits & conditions slowly. But Mahindra really needs to focus on their sales & accessories team overall. Even Maruti sales team is much much effective, knowledgable and cohesive even while selling a much cheaper car.

I have been given an XUV300 parcel tray saying XUV400 ka parcel tray nahi aata hai. (Not sure if thats true as I was gove the parcel tray as a freebie). And imagine the gap of 6inches between tray and boot now as XUV300 is a shorter vehicle! And for the number plate bracket, they asked me to to pay Rs 500... even when the bracket had dealer name advertised. And when I put my foot down, a very rude guy went out with bracket and fixed the number plate with barely any communication. Phew!
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img20240409wa0012.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV400 Pro Review-img20240409wa0014.jpg  

studdocs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 12:32   #40

Quote:
Yes. The location does work for me most of the time. I suggest you to drive around a bit. Give it time after KYC to take any updates etc. Else, discuss with your service advisor at 1000km checkup.

In my experience, XUV400 is a very solid vehicle with amazing suspension. It does have the routine range issues which will come on all electric vehicles and we'll adapt to the true range as per our driving habits & conditions slowly. But Mahindra really needs to focus on their sales & accessories team overall. Even Maruti sales team is much much effective, knowledgable and cohesive even while selling a much cheaper car.

I have been given an XUV300 parcel tray saying XUV400 ka parcel tray nahi aata hai. (Not sure if thats true as I was gove the parcel tray as a freebie). And imagine the gap of 6inches between tray and boot now as XUV300 is a shorter vehicle! And for the number plate bracket, they asked me to to pay Rs 500... even when the bracket had dealer name advertised. And when I put my foot down, a very rude guy went out with bracket and fixed the number plate with barely any communication. Phew!
Absolutely I agree! I drove Nexon EV but didn't feel as confident as XUV400, specially with handling and breaking. 400 feels much planted and confident. I own an XUV500 since 2018 that I bought from Gurgaon when I was in NCR and their sales is still same. I felt like I know much more than they know about features and specs n all

Product is solid but sales is definitely poor. I never faced an issue with the service tough.

For the parcel tray we were also offered the same XUV300 tray, so decided not to go for it..
Old 12th April 2024, 13:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians

Congratulations for you XUV400 in a beautiful shade of Blue. My sister is planning a Black EL Pro and we have got a slightly higher quote. I would really appreciate if you could get me the contact details of your sales guy. Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 17:10   #42
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12495895.html

Now there are reports of more variants.....at least its a good sign that XUV400 will not be orphaned once the new Indiglo based EVs are released.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:27   #43

Quote:
Did you get apple carplay or android auto? My dealer has no idea about it..

Last edited by bblost : 23rd May 2024 at 14:35. Reason: reduced size of quoted post.

Most Viewed