Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2024, 15:51   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage.

Launch soon ?

CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 17:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage

Kia EV9 electric SUV spotted in India for the first time

Last year, Kia India’s former CEO Tae Jin Park, announced that the carmaker was planning to launch its flagship EV9 in India. It looks like the plan is well on track as the electric SUV has been spotted in the country for the first time.

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-unnamed-16.jpg

The Kia EV9 is based on the E-GMP platform. It comes with three powertrain options. The EV9 RWD uses a single 215 BHP motor and a 76.1 kWh battery, offering a range of 358 km. The long-range variant comes with a 99.8 kWh battery offering 541 km of range. The SUV also comes with a dual-motor setup with a combined output of 380 BHP.

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-unnamed-20.jpg

The EV9 features a sharp-looking front fascia with a blanked-off grille and a vertical LED headlamp with integrated LED daytime running lights. It has similar LED tail lights, flush-fitting door handles and squared-off wheel arches sporting 21-inch wheels.

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-unnamed-21.jpg

Inside, the EV9 features 3-rows of seats. The dashboard has a clean design with a 4-spoke steering wheel and a large screen that houses the digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system.

Thanks to Theja for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd February 2024 at 17:01.
TusharK is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 18:46   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 10:38   #4
BHPian

One of the EV6 customers I know recently sold his car awaiting the EV9 and he got an unofficial launch price estimate from the dealership of ₹99.9L ex-showroom
Kevinrevvz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 11:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinrevvz View Post
One of the EV6 customers I know recently sold his car awaiting the EV9 and he got an unofficial launch price estimate from the dealership of ₹99.9L ex-showroom
That's a very bad pricing. Why would one get this over the Germans?
Old 3rd February 2024, 12:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Kia EV9 electric SUV spotted in India for the first time
It comes with three powertrain options. The EV9 RWD uses a single 215 BHP motor and a 76.1 kWh battery, offering a range of 358 km. The long-range variant comes with a 99.8 kWh battery offering 541 km of range. The SUV also comes with a dual-motor setup with a combined output of 380 BHP.

Link to Team-BHP news
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinrevvz View Post
It is a very high price for a Kia, in my opinion. MB EQB offers 3 rows of seats with a claimed range of 420km, with a small battery pack, and a 4matic option at a much lower price.

Last edited by Bonemechanic : 3rd February 2024 at 12:26.
Bonemechanic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 15:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
It is a very high price for a Kia, in my opinion. MB EQB offers 3 rows of seats with a claimed range of 420km, with a small battery pack, and a 4matic option at a much lower price.
Yes, but EQB has a very bad third row. Even kids can't sit in those seats. It also missed out of many features and cannot beat the efficiency and range of EV9.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 15:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EV9 is a full sized SUV, even western standards. This is like twice the size of EQB/GLB. With a far superior powertrain and much more features.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 19:50   #9
BHPian

I am a current owner of the top trim (GT line) EV9 in the US.
I had a Tesla Model Y 7 seater and I did consider the EQB, Rivian R1S, Model X and the upcoming Volvo EX90.
The EQB has a non-existent 3rd row just like the Model Y. The Rivian was around $20000 more and im not a fan of the Wing doors on the Model X. Volvo has no solid dates on the EX90 too.

I can say from my few weeks of ownership that its light years ahead of the Tesla. I just wish it had a better phone app. Tesla is opening its charging network soon here and hoping that makes things better for all other EVs.

Feel free to ask any questions related to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-ev9.jpg  

ariendj is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 09:21   #10
BHPian

Please don't come in CBU, please KIA make this in CKD. I would love to see this silent elephant on the roads and looking forward to see the swivelling seats in action.
DarthVeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 09:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
That's a very bad pricing. Why would one get this over the Germans?
The EV9 is globally regarded as the "Best 7 Seater EV" or "Budget Range Rover".

Similar to the previous E-GMP cousins, EV6 and IONIQ5 who gave Germans (EQE, iX, Q8 ETron... segment) a run for their money at a much cheaper price, the EV9 does the same yet again in the GLS/X7 segment.

EQS SUV and Rivian R1S being the only similar sized competitors, the EV9 does offer everything they do at a much cheaper price.
Kevinrevvz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 10:57   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

2024 Kia EV9 to make ASEAN debut in Thailand; flagship 3-row SUV with swivel-seats, up to 380 PS/700 Nm.

The 2024 Kia EV9 is slated to be launched in Thailand on 2-March 2024, the introduction likely marks the ASEAN debut of Kia’s flagship EV SUV and the first Kia EV model to go on sale in the Kingdom.

Quote:
The Kia EV9 is offered with either a 76.1 kWh lithium-ion (Standard) or the 99.8 kWh lithium-ion Long Range range battery which offers a range of up to 541 km on the WLTP cycle. Max DC charging speed is rated at 350 kW with compatible chargers.

There are 3 powertrain variants of the EV9 announced at launch, two rear-wheel drive (RWD) variants (featuring the standard and long-range batteries respectively) and a sole all-wheel drive (AWD) variant. The most powerful variant, the dual-motor AWD has a combined output of 380 PS and 600 Nm, or up to a whopping 700 Nm with the optional Power Boost feature.
Quote:
The 3-row SUV is available in 6- and 7-seater configurations, including cool second-row seats that can be swivelled 180 degrees to face occupants in the third row. First and second-row occupants can also simultaneously recline their seats to rest and relax as the electric SUV is charging.
Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-638848f886a74ce7a8aa8585d3a06eeb_1200.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th February 2024 at 10:59.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 12:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
MB EQB offers 3 rows of seats with a claimed range of 420km, with a small battery pack, and a 4matic option at a much lower price.

Wait what? The EQB only gives 420? Our atto 3 can go further than that!
UNSC117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 17:50   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia EV9 Electric SUV again,

Quote:
The Kia EV9 is based on the same E-GMP platform as the Kia EV6.

In the spy shots, the EV9 carries the same design as the global-spec model.

Internationally, Kia offers the EV9 with a 99.8 kWh battery pack.

Globally, it comes in both rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options.

In India, it is expected to be priced from Rs 80 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards
Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-screenshot-20240215-174816.png

Kia EV9 spotted in India sans camouflage-screenshot-20240215-174836.png

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 01:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
I am a current owner of the top trim (GT line) EV9 in the US.

I can say from my few weeks of ownership that its light years ahead of the Tesla. I just wish it had a better phone app. .
I have now started to see many EV9's in Finland too. It has good presence and does seem like it has good space in all rows. Haven't driven one but I'm getting more curious about it the more I see them around.

The one thing I don't like is the limited options to configure it. Especially the wheel designs. I just don't seem to like any of the OEM's wheel designs.

I suppose your car comes with the 180 Deg Swiveling 2nd row seats? Given that it is top trim I assume it has captain chairs. Is it usable when 2nd and 3rd row are face to face?

You seem to like this vehicle over a lot of others. Any ownership thread coming up?

I have owned a KIA Sorento in the US in the past and I imported it to Finland when I moved. I noticed a stark difference in quality of trims with the European models being better. Howe is the quality aspect on your EV9? Is it living up to the 'Budget Range Rover' moniker?

Last edited by 14000rpm : 16th February 2024 at 01:29.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks