Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2024, 22:21   #436

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Hello everyone,

Recently i have been having problems with the brake pedal, sometimes not coming back up. Last night i had a incident in which i was driving the car at around 70 - 80 kmh, and I had to apply hard brake as the car in front of me slowed down suddenly, But what happened afterwards completely shocked me.

My brake pedal was not coming back up again due to which my car was in stand still in the middle of the road for 2 - 3 seconds on a moderately high speed road ( ring road in Delhi ) due to which the car coming from the behind almost hit my car.

Afterwards i started actively noticing this and found ( I think) that sometimes when I am applying the brake hard , the brake pedal gets hard and is sticking to the floor and not coming back up, but under normal braking conditions everything is working fine as if there is no problem.

Now i am confused that Is there any safety feature in tata punch ev that activates itself under hard / emergency braking conditions that first makes the brake pedal hard to press and then the brake pedal does not come up for 2-3 seconds or is there any problem with my car brakes.

Looking forward for your insights,

Thanks.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th July 2024 at 17:11. Reason: Extra smiley removed.
AG532 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 01:12   #437

In my pulsar, this problem was diagnosed as a master cylinder fault. Given that this is happening when hard braking, I feel it might be the same in your case too.
Jazzybala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 17:37   #438

Punch EV Ex-showoom prices reduced upto ₹30,000

Source: Rushlane.com
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-screenshot_20240706145651462.png  

KuZeal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 21:56   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzybala View Post
Folks, what is the peak AEC seen by you for your Punch so far?
Folks who own Punch.EV, if you could share this information, it will be mighty helpful to me in deciding the battery size that meets my needs.

PS: Not sure about the policy on bump posts, mod. Please action as appropriate.

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2024 at 22:01.
Old 9th July 2024, 00:09   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Folks who own Punch.EV, if you could share this information, it will be mighty helpful to me in deciding the battery size that meets my needs.

With eco driving within the city, my week’s average is around 107 Wh/km
aashiqb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 22:56   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, what is the peak AEC seen by you for your Punch so far?
Weekly showing 119Wh/km and monthly 115Wh/km in the Zconnect app. I mostly drive highways, 70% highways 30% city
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 09:27   #442
BHPian

My last monthly average shows 95.4 Wh/km, last week average 101.1 Wh/km.
Quaser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 12:44   #443
BHPian

Got this image shared from group. Looks like Jack, spanner and jack handle is getting removed in future punch Evs.

We need to pay extra amount when adding spare wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-img20240710wa0004.jpg  

King_Julien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 13:49   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
The dealership is Kropex motors in Hosur road (near electronic city) Bengaluru. Did anyone else get this fitted yet?
Yes, I did from the same dealership on Hosur road. Even I was told initially that it would cost me around 5k. But was pleasantly surprised to get it for free.
human_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 14:28   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
Yes, I did from the same dealership on Hosur road. Even I was told initially that it would cost me around 5k. But was pleasantly surprised to get it for free.
Seems this has not started for Mumbai, as when I spoke to the dealer they were not aware of this. have told them to check with Tata Motors
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 23:04   #446
BHPian

820km trip with Punch EV LR

After Buying Punch EV I was longing for a trip but was waiting for monsoon to set thus planned it towards the end of June. Before the journey was apprehensive to start without Spare tire as was going to interior Maharashtra where Roads were bad at some places hence bought 16-inch Tata Altroz Rim and a tire as suggested by one of the members and it fitted within wheel well space.

Day 1 Mumbai to Pawna 120Km

Started at 98% SOC from Mumbai and reached Kumar resort, Lonavala at 57% SOC Since Lonavala is at a high ground 87km distance took 40% charge with AC on. Took lunch break and simultaneously charged the car up to 96% at 60kw JIO BP charger opposite Kumar resort, charging was done without any issue. Stayed at Pawna, the resort had statiq 7.6kw slow charger however could not charge with APP or card hence resort staff did it from their end without charges. Drove 55km for sightseeing in Pawna area next day.

Day 3 Pawna to Koyna Nagar 275km

Started the journey towards Satara with 100% SOC. Instead of taking usual Mumbai-Pune Expressway took internal scenic route to reach Pune outskirts and reached wai with 54% SOC. Lunch break was at Hotel Sai Park Inn, food at the restaurant was just ok but decided to align with car charging as it had 60kw charge Zone charger.

Charging failed to start in spite of repeated attempts and hotel staff had no idea so called Charge zone. after delay of 15-20 min charging started but when checked after the lunch, charging had stopped midway at 69% SOC hence decided not to waste time and continued towards Satara. Plan was to charge 100% before taking interior road towards Koyna Nagar as no charging facility was available on the entire 90km stretch from Umbraj up to Chiplun but missed TATA power charging station hence decided to charge at E-fill charging station during Tea break however the charger was of 15kw hence 15% charging also took time. Thus, decided to go towards BPCL Karad which had 60kw charger. When reached saw that they were laying paver blocks and the area was dug up & rains had made the area muddy near the charger hence couldn't charge so continued towards the resort and reached with 43% SOC. efficiency was at 105wh/km.

Day 5 Koyna Nagar to Mumbai 345km

Local sightseeing took 8% of charge the previous day so started towards Mumbai with 35% SOC. While doing breakfast at riverside inn, Koyna Nagar I saw 25kw Tata Power charger installed so was happy however with utter dismay manager said that TATA Power is not activating the charger since last two years in spite of their repeated request and asked me do write to Tata Power as well ��

It was raining and single lane state highway with craters ensured driving was at slow pace, I was skeptical about reaching the next charger which was 75km & 1 hour 30 minutes away hence switched off the AC and reached Amrai Resort TATA Charging station, Shendre Satara with 11% SOC. The good part about this location is it has four 60kw Charge Zone chargers and two 25kw TATA Power Chargers. They also have Ather Charger for two wheelers. I tried with 60kw charger but Charging was not initiating so sought help from resort staff who called charge Zone and restarted the chargers but even after 25-30 minutes and couple of restarts it was still not active hence moved to TATA power charger which started instantly. After lunch waited for another 20 minutes to charge the car up to 82% SOC. Weather was good so continued journey without AC. Reached BPCL Varve COCO pump, it has four 60kw chargers & charging was smooth. Charged up to 95% and reached Mumbai with 40% SOC. Energy efficiency achieved at 76.9% for the entire 345km trip and downward journey improved the regen.

About the car

Driving Punch EV is fun and being fully loaded, features are useful, Sufficient power in city mode and ample power in sport mode helps when you want to overtake quickly on highway. 300km range is doable on single charge. entire 820km was done with 90wh/km with 55% AC use on a road which had ghats, traffic jams & craters was beyond expectation. Total Charging cost including home charging was about Rs. 2.10 a kilometer. Car is ok till now except if you switch off the AC while car is ON, AC won't be ON again until you restart the car so need to visit service Centre for that. Passenger seats are not comfortable for people with 6ft above height & heavy body frame for long journey if four adults travel together.

About charging Infra

Charging Infra is good up to Mumbai- Belagavi (Mumbai- Bangalore Highway) however downloading multiple charging apps and maintaining balances is a hassle where mobile network is not good, I have about 9 apps for Vehicle charging��. Also observed Links were down at most times causing delay in charging. BPCL has many chargers installed but apps like plug share don't show all of them you need to check at internal apps which again is time consuming. JIO BP chargers are by far the best and cheap as well. charging Infra in interior areas of Maharashtra is still bad, you can do a slow charge at few hotels however need to stay for a night and frequent power cut may hamper your charging. In all even if you plan well still you will be spending approx. 1 hour extra for 350km trip even if you combine charging with breaks.

Some random pictures from the trip
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240710-10.16.13-pm.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240710-10.09.48-pm.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240710-10.07.56-pm.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240710-9.59.02-pm.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240710-9.45.25-pm.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240710-9.44.48-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by DHARM : 10th July 2024 at 23:05. Reason: missed last line
DHARM is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:53   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaser View Post
I checked all the settings, couldn't find any specifically for overwriting oldest or latest file.
There is a "Loop Recording" option but the menu that comes up is only for recording durations (1, 3 or 5 minutes).
None of the older videos are locked.
True. I too selected the loop recording with 1 minute duration.
Even then, the recording stops after the SD card gets full
Old 12th July 2024, 10:27   #448

I have booked empowered plus LR. Taking Delivery in a couple of days. While discussing about the tailgate closing issue with the SA, he told me that it's because of the sudden increase in the cabin pressure when you close it.
Will be using the PDI format shared here before taking delivery
mohan_nsk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 12:27   #449
BHPian

Quote:

For 70% city and 30% highway I get around 85-110 wh/km in LR in normal temperature. During summer it this can go up to 10wh/km. If the usage is not very low, then LR would be better than MR to reduce charge cycles.
camaroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 13:19   #450
BHPian

Got the frunk fitted free of cost.

There are three holding bolts on the windshield side and two on the charger connection side for the cover /guard originally fitted, which has to be removed to fit the frunk.

There was a small problem removing one of the bolts. The mechanic was unable to remove the middle bolt on the windshield side. The bolt kept turning in place and wasn't rising up on its threads and coming off!
It was finally cut with a power cutter and the small stub within the fixed nut left in place as there was no way to take it out.

My frunk is thus anchored with 4 bolts instead of 5 (the middle one on the windshield side could not be used).
Quaser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks