Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2024, 12:25   #496
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk View Post
Booked my Tata Punch Ev Empowered + sLR ACFS about a week ago. My first EV. I insisted the dealer that I need a car fresh off the production line and not one sitting in the stock yard. So hence the waiting is a little longer. But they have promised the vehicle to be loaded on to the lorry soon.

Usually the only emotion I feel during this period from booking a car to taking delivery of it is pure excitement, but this time around I am equally anxious and a little bit tensed as well in addition to the excitement. I have already seen a lot videos and content on the internet pointing out horror stories, minor glitches, small niggles that the car could potentially come with. Which makes me feel apprehensive about my decision to get a Punch EV.

This is my first time getting a Tata car and lot of users laud the car but despise the service. There are 3 dealers in my town and I went with Luxon Tata as they claimed they are a sister concern of Nippon Toyota who is famed in Kerala for their top notch service. And in my experience that is true of them.

Most of the people I talk to tell me that getting a "Glitch Free" Tata car is key. If you get a good car then your ownership is a cakewalk. But unfortunately if you land a lemon, then it makes your life and and ownership experience hell. I am someone who has a very keen ear for rattles, misalignments and creeks. For someone like me I wonder if going the Tata way was right.

Hope all my concerns would vanish once the car is here. God, prove me right.
Congrats on the purchase -- am on a similar boat trying to replace wife's 8 year old Alto AMT with an EV and still undecided if it's time to replace it with an EV. What's the on road cost you got quoted? Any offers? Am also based in kerala
Krishnan83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 14:34   #497
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review - First Long trip shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karansingh View Post
Update #2
Upon reaching home i quickly checked the AEC of both the days and the data from the return journey shocked me. AEC was at 77wh/km where we covered around 95 kms (of which 60 kms was the Mum-Pune Expressway)
I am just amazed at the AEC numbers turned in by Punch.ev. It’s remarkably lower than the Nexon EV Max numbers which hovers around 100+ even with the most careful driving. It probably comes down to a) lower weight b) gen 2 architecture c) improved software, or all of them.

I hope TaMo rolls out software updates to the older steeds just as it did for the 1st gen Nexon EV and gave it software switch for regen.
Old 6th August 2024, 01:19   #498
rbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Any offers? Am also based in kerala
There was an offer of ₹30,000 when I booked the car but after some negotiation I was able to get an on road price of ₹16,00,000 for the Empowered + sLR ACRS model. What are the quotations that you got if I may ask.
rbk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 12:58   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk View Post
There was an offer of ₹30,000 when I booked the car but after some negotiation I was able to get an on road price of ₹16,00,000 for the Empowered + sLR ACRS model. What are the quotations that you got if I may ask.
Thanks for that info. I was also offered a 30k discount as consumer offer, but the on-road is coming to 16.70!! Insurance is quoted as 66,600, RTO at 78005, reg/fastag at 850 on ex-showroom of 15,49,000 with TCS of 1%.

Decided to wait for Currv pricing before making a final decision
Krishnan83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 14:40   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
I am just amazed at the AEC numbers turned in by Punch.ev. It’s remarkably lower than the Nexon EV Max numbers which hovers around 100+ even with the most careful driving. It probably comes down to a) lower weight b) gen 2 architecture c) improved software, or all of them.

I hope TaMo rolls out software updates to the older steeds just as it did for the 1st gen Nexon EV and gave it software switch for regen.
Hi Navinmra,

Could you share the AEC numbers, If you don't mind?
Old 6th August 2024, 22:40   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzybala View Post
Hi Navinmra,

Could you share the AEC numbers, If you don't mind?
I own a Nexon EV Max and barely manage to get the AEC to 100-110 levels. But on this forum I regularly see Punch EV owners reporting AEC in the 70s. That’s amazing!
Old 7th August 2024, 12:44   #502
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Question on what rules you follow for charging your EV

1. How often you bring down you're charging below 10%? after how many cycles? any error/issues noticed?
2. Do you follow TATA Motors recommendation of one slow charging up to 100% after four consecutive DC Fast Charging? and if you have done more than four times then encountered any issue/error?

We can learn from each other on good habits to drive our car error free and also at some point in time many of us will take the car for a long journey and may be forced to use fast chargers consecutively more than four times so the tips will be useful.

You may add few pointers/rules you follow which helps to maintain battery in good health
Old 11th August 2024, 11:28   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
But on this forum I regularly see Punch EV owners reporting AEC in the 70s. That’s amazing!
AEC of 70 is not possible on punch ev.
Some people refer to AEC from zconnect app, and I think that doesn't include Airconditioning, accesories etc.

Actually even without air conditioning, AEC 70 is nearly impossible to get over long distance. It is above the ARAI range.
Old 11th August 2024, 19:22   #504
BHPian

3 Months update, did 12k kms , loving the car its power and convenience, had a lot of buyers remorse after seeing the Curve Ev, Long range would have been perfect for me. Still not to take away from the fun car the Punch EV is. There's noticeable wobble from the front tires on sharp acceleration. Thinking of taking it to the service center before the 15K km service to get it checked. I had read somewhere that Tatamotors had a bulletin for motor bolts to be torqued for the second service, but I am pretty sure they have not done it resulting in this wobble. Also planning to get the tires balanced and rotated as heard that front tires have more wear on an EV should've gotten this done at 10k km , still better late than never.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-screenshot_20240811_190913_tata-motors-zconnect.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 20:31   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
3 Months update, did 12k kms , loving the car its power and convenience, had a lot of buyers remorse after seeing the Curve Ev, Long range would have been perfect for me. Still not to take away from the fun car the Punch EV is. There's noticeable wobble from the front tires on sharp acceleration. Thinking of taking it to the service center before the 15K km service to get it checked. I had read somewhere that Tatamotors had a bulletin for motor bolts to be torqued for the second service, but I am pretty sure they have not done it resulting in this wobble. Also planning to get the tires balanced and rotated as heard that front tires have more wear on an EV should've gotten this done at 10k km , still better late than never.
I feel no amount of torquing by service centre can cure this. It is inherent torque steer in a front wheel drive car and ev torque is delivered instantly, exaberating this problem.

The front wheels have to deal with steering and delivering the power, which you can feel as a tug left and right in your steering when you floor the accelerator
More so if the car has unequal length driveshafts ( don't know the case with the punch). Can be partially reduced by switching to wider tyres but range will be affected.

Do note the problem of torque steer is unique to high torque and powerful front wheel drive cars and are non existent in powerful rear wheel drive cars. Hence the ultimate driving machines are all rear driven.

Last edited by Nanolover : 11th August 2024 at 20:34.
Nanolover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 23:14   #506
BHPian

Two Months Update

- Completed 4000 Kilometers
- loving the Drive My Audi A4 is just sitting in the Garage and driving it only on Sundays to keep it in working condition.
- Have driven car in Gurgaon Rains, waterlogged roads with car sized potholes no issues whatsoever.
- less worry while driving in rain is a big boost.
- No issue reported till now. Fingers crossed.
- Planning another long trip to Jaipur on 15th August weekend.
-Getting Range of 290 plus in city with L1 Regen and city drive mode.
Manuggn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:06   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post
- less worry while driving in rain is a big boost.
After driving in water logged areas, many users has reported missing number plate .

Please make sure there are enough screws/ rivets to secure the number plates.
King_Julien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:23   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
After driving in water logged areas, many users has reported missing number plate .

Please make sure there are enough screws/ rivets to secure the number plates.
So far so good will take care of the plates in future. Here are few screen grabs of car in the rain. These are screenshots from video.

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_7401.jpeg

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_7400.jpeg

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_7399.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 10:46   #509

Tata Punch EV LR: Mumbai-Talegaon-Mumbai Mileage Review

Hello everybody,

Bought my punch ev empowered+ LR in June 2024. Yesterday, took it to Talegaon from Dadar for the first time. There were 3 of us in the car with each one having one bag. Sharing trip details below:

Start: Dadar @100% battery.

1st stop: Food mall right after 1st toll. @75% battery. Charged car to 95% using HP chargers.

End: Talegaon Dabhade (handful of kms from Talegaon toll) @60% battery
Mileage: ~130km with average speed 80km/h with occassional highs of 100km/h. I was also stuck in the ghats for a good one hour owing to traffic.
Driving details: Drove the car majorly at Regen 1. Acceleration was not light footed.

Next day: Charged car at Talegaon to 100% before leaving for Mumbai
Did not stop anywhere. After clearing ghats, battery was only down to 87%, thanks to regen.

End: Dadar, Mumbai with 58% battery.
Driving details: Majorly regen 2 while driving in ghats.
No light footed driving.

Overall review: Great driving dynamics of the car. Limited roll over while changing lanes swiftly. Car headlights could have been 20% better. Suspension is great. Looking forward to your comments!!
gemini1392 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 22:14   #510
BHPian

Hello everyone,

We are planning to replace our 12 year old etios with an EV and zeroed in on the Tata Punch. Can the users of the latest batches can answer if Tata has ironed out all the niggles yet? The Hyundai Inster is still 2 years away as per Autocar India.
kika is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks