Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 23:22   #481
BANNED

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
A 3.3kW AC wall box charger is standard, while the 7.2kW AC charger is available as an option at a premium of Rs. 50,000, So yes your car will support the 7.2kW AC charging.
I had seen a post on this forum, that the AC Charging unit inside the car is different for 3.3kw and 7.2kw model's.

Can anybody confirm the same?
Old 31st July 2024, 10:04   #482
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
I had seen a post on this forum, that the AC Charging unit inside the car is different for 3.3kw and 7.2kw model's.

Can anybody confirm the same?
I raised this matter after booking with the dealer, as I did not want to be stuck with 3.3kw slow charger forever so they arranged a call with TATA Motors. The call was also attended by TATA Power executive.

They said no such difference exist between two models. I have 3.3kw charger at home & sometimes I use 7.2kw TATA Power charger at a shopping center and it charges at higher speed than my home charger & has not created any issue till date. Hope this helps.
DHARM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 11:29   #483
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Open the bonet and check the charger capacity, you will see the power rating either in Amps or kW. Check the below link on the team bhp of the actual 3 in 1 unit which is in the charger.
Also attached the drawing.

@aim120 is correct.
The OEM for this is Valeo you can see that it comes in two versions 7.2kw and 4kw.
https://www.valeo.com/en/catalogue/p...age-power-box/

The third party chargers, wall box chargers, portable chargers are not the actual charger.

Below is the actual charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHARM View Post
I raised this matter after booking with the dealer, as I did not want to be stuck with 3.3kw slow charger forever so they arranged a call with TATA Motors. The call was also attended by TATA Power executive.

They said no such difference exist between two models. I have 3.3kw charger at home & sometimes I use 7.2kw TATA Power charger at a shopping center and it charges at higher speed than my home charger & has not created any issue till date. Hope this helps.
The 7.2kw Tata power charger is AC or DC Charger? The DC Charger supports upto 29.5kw as informed by Tata Service Advisor.
He is not sure about the AC 7.2kw support for Punch Emp LR 3.3kw model.

As pointed out by DIY410 and aim120, there are 2 models of valeo charger. Which one is available for our Punch Emp LR 3.3kw?
Old 31st July 2024, 12:03   #484
BHPian

Quote:
The 7.2kw Tata power charger is AC or DC Charger? The DC Charger supports upto 29.5kw as informed by Tata Service Advisor.

As pointed out by DIY410 and aim120, there are 2 models of valeo charger. Which one is available for our Punch Emp LR 3.3kw?
I checked TATA Power Charging app history, The charger is AC-Type-2, 7.4kw & it charged 1.655kwh units in 14 minutes while a 25kw DC charger showed 25.553kwh units in 1 hour 14 minutes. approx. 3 times faster than 7.4kw AC charger.
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:30   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no 3.3KW or 7.2 KW in Punch.EV. The difference is only in the charger/EVSE provided with the car. The 3.3 KW model gets the legrand box and 7.2 KW model get Exicom Wall box charger.

Both cars support 7.2 KW charging as there is no difference in the car.
ferrarirules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 15:01   #486
BHPian

Quote:

I said it comes with 7.2kW charger. While Valeo sells both, the one installed in Punch is a 7.2kW unit for all variants.
DIY410 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 15:05   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Our Punch Emp plus LR 3.3kw, Will our car support 7.2kw AC Charging?
Yes. I have bought the same variant without 7.2kw charger, since I already have another 7.2kw AC charger installed for my MG ZS EV.

I confirm that Punch EV LR 3.3kw can successfully AC charge at 7.2kw. Like others said, just that 7.2kw external charger box is the difference, no difference in the car itself.
oakpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 00:27   #488
BHPian

So then whats the long range real world range for Punch in City and also on highway?
Old 1st August 2024, 09:00   #489
BHPian

^^Usually between 230 & 240km for a full battery charge. Since we never run it down to 0% charge, it usually is about 200km up to 10-15% remaining when we recharge.
Quaser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 15:12   #490
BHPian

Got Infotainment system updated to ver15.61, all reminder volume has become lower. XA80323 VCU update for the vehicle has come, SA wasn't aware of it so planning to do next week when he can provide details
DHARM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 09:28   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
So then what's the long range real world range for Punch in City and also on highway?
250-275km in city and 275-310km on highway. In summer this drops to 230-260km in city and 250-275km on highway. This all in mostly eco mode
Old 2nd August 2024, 09:31   #492
rbk

Booked my Tata Punch Ev Empowered + sLR ACFS about a week ago. My first EV. I insisted the dealer that I need a car fresh off the production line and not one sitting in the stock yard. So hence the waiting is a little longer. But they have promised the vehicle to be loaded on to the lorry soon.

Usually the only emotion I feel during this period from booking a car to taking delivery of it is pure excitement, but this time around I am equally anxious and a little bit tensed as well in addition to the excitement. I have already seen a lot videos and content on the internet pointing out horror stories, minor glitches, small niggles that the car could potentially come with. Which makes me feel apprehensive about my decision to get a Punch EV.

This is my first time getting a Tata car and lot of users laud the car but despise the service. There are 3 dealers in my town and I went with Luxon Tata as they claimed they are a sister concern of Nippon Toyota who is famed in Kerala for their top notch service. And in my experience that is true of them.

Most of the people I talk to tell me that getting a "Glitch Free" Tata car is key. If you get a good car then your ownership is a cakewalk. But unfortunately if you land a lemon, then it makes your life and and ownership experience hell. I am someone who has a very keen ear for rattles, misalignments and creeks. For someone like me I wonder if going the Tata way was right.

Hope all my concerns would vanish once the car is here. God, prove me right.
rbk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 09:43   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk View Post
Booked my Tata Punch Ev Empowered + sLR ACFS about a week ago. My first EV. I insisted the dealer that I need a car fresh off the production line and not one sitting in the stock yard. So hence the waiting is a little longer. But they have promised the vehicle to be loaded on to the lorry soon.

Usually the only emotion I feel during this period from booking a car to taking delivery of it is pure excitement, but this time around I am equally anxious and a little bit tensed as well in addition to the excitement. I have already seen a lot videos and content on the internet pointing out horror stories, minor glitches, small niggles that the car could potentially come with. Which makes me feel apprehensive about my decision to get a Punch EV.

This is my first time getting a Tata car and lot of users laud the car but despise the service. There are 3 dealers in my town and I went with Luxon Tata as they claimed they are a sister concern of Nippon Toyota who is famed in Kerala for their top notch service. And in my experience that is true of them.

Most of the people I talk to tell me that getting a "Glitch Free" Tata car is key. If you get a good car then your ownership is a cakewalk. But unfortunately if you land a lemon, then it makes your life and and ownership experience hell. I am someone who has a very keen ear for rattles, misalignments and creeks. For someone like me I wonder if going the Tata way was right.

Hope all my concerns would vanish once the car is here. God, prove me right.
its true with other TATA EV models but Punch being new and battery probably is from a different vendor nothing much is heard about horror stories. I visited service center for service, buying spare wheel & software updates & I probed the SA, mechanics working on the car and they all said that they are not getting PUNCH ev issues so either TATA has improved or it will take some time before issues for Punch EV comes out of closet. Congratulations on your new purchase.
DHARM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:08   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk View Post
Most of the people I talk to tell me that getting a "Glitch Free" Tata car is key. If you get a good car then your ownership is a cakewalk. But unfortunately if you land a lemon, then it makes your life and and ownership experience hell. I am someone who has a very keen ear for rattles, misalignment and creeks. For someone like me I wonder if going the Tata way was right.
Best way to make sure that you are not getting a lemon is to do a thorough PDI. You can even take professional help like Zekardo if that is available in your city.

For post purchase experience - For me it has always been about creating an rapport with service center staff. I have driven Skodas for 12 years and now driving a Tata. Skoda taught me well on how to create a healthy relationship with the service center.

Something that i have always kept in mind when dealing with Service centers -
1. Nobody likes to be bossed around.
2. Be assertive but in a polite way.
3. Understand service center challenge and try to arrive at a middle ground.
4. Escalate only when necessary
5. Finally, the most important, my cars carry T-Bhp stickers that helps creating a rapport

Finally Tata is really supportive specially in case of EVs as they want to make them a success. Issues if there are any get a lot of support from a lot of senior staff at Tata.

Hope this helps ease the nerves. Rest wishing you many happy green miles.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 2nd August 2024 at 10:11.
ferrarirules is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 23:32   #495

Had my punch ev delivered a fortnight ago. overall experience is ok as I didn't have higher expectations. My auto ivrm is not working from delivery. (need to fix it in the first service). Other than that it's so far so good. Getting a range of about 280-310.
mohan_nsk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks