Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2024, 20:15   #421

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karansingh View Post
Hey Folks

Many Congratulations ! Booked mine in the first week of June and chose Red colour! so glad I did, looks really hot in Red. Did you have to wait long for the colour? I was been nudged by the dealer team to pick a different colour though.
Devenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 16:29   #422

Need some advice from fellow Punch.ev owners who have installed dashcams.
Tata ASC will only install Blaupunkt dashcams as their genuine accessory and the accessories guy straightforwardly refused to install any third-party dashcams. The Blaupunkt unit they have doesn't support wifi and the memory card needs to be removed everytime you need to watch a footage.
I have a few doubts:

1. Since the wiring for the rear dashcam passes through the side pillar, does it in anyway affect the curtain airbag deployment?
2. Also, it involves manually loosening the beadings and pushing the wire inside, won't it result in any rattling noise if not done properly? This would surely be exaggerated in an EV with almost nil NVH.
3. Is the rear dashcam really worth all this risk? If not, I'd rather have only the front dashcam.
4. Any other EV specific point to note before getting a dashcam installed from outside? (Other than the obvious: not hardwiring it)
5. Any recommendations? (Budget around 6k for front and 10k if it's both front and rear. Not interested in ADAS)

P.S.: Going through the last few pages in The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread made me even more confused.
Old 2nd July 2024, 18:11   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuZeal View Post
Need some advice from fellow Punch.ev owners who have installed dashcams.
I have installed Dashcam in my Nexon EV but I have not hardwired, I am powering it via the 12V port. I have not installed the rear camera but in Nexon there is a rear 12V port so one can power the dashcam from that. There is no specific note for dashcam other than not hardwiring it from an EV standpoint.

Which Dashcam? - I am using 70mai M300 with CPL filter. I am very happy with its performance.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 18:38   #424
BHPian

I had the Blaupunkt dashcam installed by the dealer prior delivery & have observed a few problems with it :

(1) Video lengths can be selected in 1, 3 or 5 minute lengths - I have chosen 5 minutes. Files are created in *.mov format that has comparatively larger file size.
All recorded file sizes are exactly the same irrespective of video length, including the smaller videos such as those created when car is halted.

(2) The last recorded file gets erased & over written every time once the Micro-SD card is full. This is really strange because on my other car, the Hikvision dashcam overwrites the oldest file, which is how it should be.
I informed the dealer but he says that I can try changing the mSD card. I don't see how changing the mSD card will alter things though.
Quaser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 22:09   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaser View Post
(2) The last recorded file gets erased & over written every time once the Micro-SD card is full.
On the dashcam settings , there will be an option to overwrite the oldest or the latest file. Try changing that setting.

Some dashcams protects the file from overwriting if there is any violent movement/shake happened to dashcam, this is to prevent accident video to not get deleted. Check if all of the older videos are not locked by mistake, if they are locked then unlock them.
King_Julien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:59   #426
BHPian

Got the Frunk installed (finally!)

The dealership called today and asked to come over to get the frunk accessory. They got a full shipment of the accessories on July 2nd and are calling in customers to get it fitted.

I went to get it done within minutes (the dealership is close by to where I live so it worked out).

The frunk was free of cost (contrary to what the dealership said when I got delivery of the Punch EV back in May). Maybe Tata kept their promise of including it as part of the Empowered variants? Not sure but I didn't have to pay, so that was delightful

The fitment was fairly easy. The top lid on the car (stock) had to be removed and replaced with the Frunk. 5 screws (two each on the corners and one on the back center position).

The charging bag fit nicely on the Frunk.

Here are some photos:

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_9599.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_9600.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_9601.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_9602.jpg

The dealership is Kropex motors in Hosur road (near electronic city) Bengaluru. Did anyone else get this fitted yet?

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th July 2024 at 08:33. Reason: Removing duplicate pic :)
aashiqb is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:26   #427
BHPian

I bought Empowered+ LR from Kropex, Koramangala two months ago.
Did Kropex Singasandra call you & offer it free of charge? Or did you ask them? Which variant do you have?
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:37   #428
BHPian

I have the Empowered+ LR variant. Got it from the Hosur road Kropex motors.

The salesperson called me today and told me to come pick it up. Yes, it was free of charge.
aashiqb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:46   #429
BHPian

^^And they did the fixing too?
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:53   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaser View Post
^^And they did the fixing too?
Yes. Took 10 minutes overall.

I was told when I got delivery that Tata hadn’t given dealerships the Frunk accessory since it was in R&D back then.

I believe they’ve started rolling out the accessory now. This showroom got their shipment only yesterday (July 2nd)

Last edited by Omkar : 4th July 2024 at 12:42.
aashiqb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 07:26   #431
BHPian

Does anyone know how to check the firmware(not infotainment system) of the car ? Been 36 hours since I got the Empowered + LR variant and so far I got stuck thrice at different intervals in the day in the middle of the road with the drive mode unable to shift from R to D. Literally caused a mini jam. Turning off the car and starting it again fixed it but boy was it embarrassing and panic/anxiety attack inducing. Before I could call the dealer/service centre, I got a call from my dealer asking me to take the car to the dealership for firmware updation. Doing that first in the morning today.
Old 5th July 2024, 12:01   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
On the dashcam settings , there will be an option to overwrite the oldest or the latest file. Try changing that setting.

Some dashcams protects the file from overwriting if there is any violent movement/shake happened to dashcam, this is to prevent accident video to not get deleted. Check if all of the older videos are not locked by mistake, if they are locked then unlock them.
I checked all the settings, couldn't find any specifically for overwriting oldest or latest file.
There is a "Loop Recording" option but the menu that comes up is only for recording durations (1, 3 or 5 minutes).
None of the older videos are locked.
Old 5th July 2024, 15:20   #433
BHPian

So after hearing many horror stories about TATA service I finally got the courage to get first service on my Punch Empowered + LR.

My Odo was already on 1250 kms so I was late by 250 kms.

I choose TATA EV only service centre at sector 14 Gurgaon.

First impression I walked in without any appointment on Friday afternoon at 12:30 pm and was welcomed at the reception. I informed I am here for first free service and service manager was assigned to me.

Service manager arrived in 10 mins and I explained him small issues which i was facing. ( Sterring was little jerky when I take U turn and cabin light feels little loose.

He immediately called his technician and we went for a drive to understand the steering issue. Technician didn’t find any issue but informed they will still check the steering wheel while servicing.

He then informed me that car will be ready by 4 pm and asked me if I wish to wait at customer lounge.

I sat at the reception and in few minutes another exceutive informed me that in the showroom next door there is owner area on first floor where I can wait.

Waiting lounge was one of the best lounges for any car showroom I was offered coffee from Blue Tokai and served with wafers while I was waiting. I asked for Wi-Fi password as I need to take calls and same was shared and net speed was pretty good.

In the meantime I was added in a WhatsApp group and service manger send me pics stating service in progress and software update is also been done.

I got the call at 3 pm that car is ready and I checked the car and all issues seems to be fixed.

Overall I feel service expierence is quite good specially at the EV only service centre.

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_6911.jpeg

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_6912.jpeg

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_6913.jpeg

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_6915.jpeg

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_6916.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 16:05   #434
BHPian

2 Months Update

So today my car completed 2 months, completed 2nd service at Davangere at 7500 km, and was charged 2k for it , thought this was free, transaxle oil and wheel alignment was chargeable. They fixed the boot noise and a few door gaskets but driver door still makes a squeaking noise while opening and above all they didn't update the software even though I had specifically instructed them to do it. Feels bad to be running Jan 24 Software when the latest one is May 24, just wondering so many improvements they might have made in this time. Another thing was the service center guys said the DRL was faulty and they had ordered a replacement and would fix it the next time I came. Surprisingly it started working after I got home. Makes me wonder if there's a loose contact and it stopped working the time it was washed at the service center on the first service and started working after wash after the second one . Not sure though, for the time being happy that it is working. Another good news is mostly EV services is opening in my town itself self so won't have to travel 65 km for the service.

Another thing was Tata Motors guys shot a infomercial with my car and me two weeks back. Someone from Tata motors had come across my 1 month 5k km post on Team-Bhp and they got in touch with me from Mumbai. Nice to see Tatamotors is tracking forum feedback. The video will go live shortly on the TataEv channel on YouTube. Sharing a copy they shared here too.

Realized that driving without cruise control increases efficiency a lot more.

Car has done 8300 km in exactly 2 months. The love affair continues

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-punch-01.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch02.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 09:35   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
2 Months Update

So today my car completed 2 months, completed 2nd service at Davangere at 7500 km, and was charged 2k for it , thought this was free, transaxle oil and wheel alignment was chargeable. They fixed the boot noise and a few door gaskets but driver door still makes a squeaking noise while opening and above all they didn't update the software even though I had specifically instructed them to do it. Feels bad to be running Jan 24 Software when the latest one is May 24, just wondering so many improvements they might have made in this time. Another thing was the service center guys said the DRL was faulty and they had ordered a replacement and would fix it the next time I came. Surprisingly it started working after I got home. Makes me wonder if there's a loose contact and it stopped working the time it was washed at the service center on the first service and started working after wash after the second one . Not sure though, for the time being happy that it is working. Another good news is mostly EV services is opening in my town itself self so won't have to travel 65 km for the service.

Another thing was Tata Motors guys shot a infomercial with my car and me two weeks back. Someone from Tata motors had come across my 1 month 5k km post on Team-Bhp and they got in touch with me from Mumbai. Nice to see Tatamotors is tracking forum feedback. The video will go live shortly on the TataEv channel on YouTube. Sharing a copy they shared here too.

Realized that driving without cruise control increases efficiency a lot more.

Car has done 8300 km in exactly 2 months. The love affair continues

https://Youtu.be/r5L8MXEkUc0?si=EnOqK8i-mK1faZQ1

Coasting on our own without using cruise control gives better range for sure.

Wanted to check, when did you get the first service done? How much was the cost and what did they do in that service?

It’s been a little over a month since I got the car, and I’m hoping to get the common niggles like boot lid hard closing and wiper washer not reaching the windshield fixed in the first service. Saw posts here that those niggles were fixed in the first service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks