Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2024, 17:30   #406
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Finally got the steel wheel rim, part no.544540100108.
Price I paid was Rs.3890/-. Now, need to look up a tyre!
Tata Punch.ev Review-1.jpeg
Tata Punch.ev Review-3.jpeg
Quaser is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 08:34   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
Got this as a forward. Tata dealer doing tata dealer things .

https://x.com/amitchauhan3011/status...699122409?s=46
This is confusing, by this logic using a 12V PD charger would also void the warranty, which is preposterous at best.
Jazzybala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 14:31   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Another hilarious thing is now my media screen displays the old gen Harrier instead on the Punch Ev, tried to reset it but it just won't change, so let it just be and am mentally happy that I'm driving a much costlier car.
The same thing happened in my car as well, In my case even the themes got changed and some features were missing. mine is an old gen nexon ev with the 10 inch screen, TATA ASC guys are clueless as usual
nithishsaba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 18:21   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueAddict007 View Post

Conclusion:

Overall, given that it's only a city car, I feel like this is hands down the best car decision we've taken. The Innova was a bit more of an emotional rather than rational buy but this has been a purely rational, yet fantastically fun buy. It's built in a very sturdy way, dons good looks, has a fantastic suspension, grippy tires, decent interiors and lag free infotainment system, good interior space, very very fun to drive, while having the unmatched convenience of a true gearless powertrain, and with NVH levels that are simply unmatched by any ICE that isn't 3 times as expensive as this. And on top of all this, it is dirt cheap to drive and is usually the most economic option available. Throw in the nifty auto hold that is perfect and very well calibrated for city traffic, and with it giving me a better range than I had expected, despite my spirited driving, and with it being perfectly compact for the city, I keep trying to find a reason to take it out for a spin. It makes driving effortless, fun, cheap and comfortable, all at the same time.
Excellent review - my own experience has been the same and will recommend the car, but with strong caveats.

My review is below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...xperience.html (Tata Punch EV Buying & Initial Ownership Experience)
camaroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 05:37   #410

Hey Folks,

This is my first time posting on TeamBHP, I have been a silent reader of a lot of reviews and important automotive content since a long time now. Purchasing my first car pushed me to write a detailed review about the Punch.EV LR Empowered Plus.

This detailed review contains the entire journey from shortlisting the vehicle to its home-coming.

Background of the Car Purchase

We (parents and myself) have 5 vehicles a Honda Activa (2007), Tata Indigo (2008), RE Classic 350 (2016), Tata Hexa (2018) and a Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (2019). Once my student life was over, the Indigo became my daily driver. Covering the roads of Mumbai and its sub-urban areas.
In 2024 it turned 16 years old and although my father was behind me to sell the car and buy a new one, I wished to continue driving it because of sentimental value and also because of what it offered. The 4 Cylinder diesel was a boon in these times which used to return around 17 kmpl, while offering good enough power within the City limits (speed <80kmph).
In the summer of 2024, it started to amplify the issues and this time the issues piled up. Most of the components were new (radiator, fuel lines, hoses, fuses, relays, etc.) yet the car started giving up. At times I had to do Goregaon to Thane with a burning smell. One fine day the car just died in BKC (an area in Mumbai) and refused to start. It created chaos on the roads and there was no help. This happened in the peak sun at 12 pm. As a last shot to life, we replaced the fan and the fan belt which came at a good cost and within 2 days the car was dead again.

The Shorlisting

In March 2024, with a heavy heart we let go of the car and thus began our search for the replacement car. We were looking at a small car which could accommodate 3 people and a dog, was easy to maneuver in the city, was safe and reliable and had an automatic transmission.
We test-drove the following cars,
1. Tata Punch.EV/ ICE
2. Tata Nexon Diesel AMT
3. KIA Sonet
4. Maruti Fronx
5. Hyundai Venue

All the cars were good but then it came to the features and safety and we were left with the Punch, Nexon and Venue.
Venue offered a good features list but was disliked by my father. The Nexon was a good candidate for what it offered, but somewhere I found the AMT to be sluggish. Punch ICE was just too basic so we were left with 1 option, the TATA Punch.EV.

We gave a booking amount to Heritage Motors, Thane and the wait began.
Post Booking Finance Issues

A. Loan Fiasco
Working for a large financial institution, it was evident that I would bargain and also get better rates for having a significantly good credit score, yet the loan department at the dealership was not accommodating.
I took the matter in my hand and went out shopping for a better interest rate. It took some days but I got it from SBI at 8.85% (7 year) compared to the lower limit of 9.15% offered by Tata. (If I had opted for a 5 year loan the rate would have been 8.75%)

B. PDI Fiasco
I had made it very clear that I wanted to conduct a PDI on my own, for which the dealership happily agreed. Yet PDI was about 2 weeks late. The reasons stated were childish, (wrong car came from the plant, car is still in Panvel, etc)

C. ITR Fiasco
Post completion of my MBA it is my first job and I did not have an ITR, to which the showroom people said that the ITR of my father will work. A day after I asked SBI people to disburse the loan amount, the showroom people came back to me saying it cannot be done as I don’t have ITR of past 2 years. I was furious as this was not communicated before and then started a long conversation of 2 days.
Crux- I told them that paying 5% TCS was fine if they had told me earlier, and I told them that it is anyways not an amount which they would get, it is a Tax to be paid to the government by me. And my fathers ITR was anyways given to them. The car was almost cancelled by us when the showroom people said that it will work provided, I submit 26AS to them. Which we happily did.

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_1050.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-edac40977c364e18ad4359eecc64ef81.jpg

Homecoming
On 14th June 2024, we took the delivery of the vehicle and I have to say that the colour (Flaming Red) is really great. The showroom guys told us that ours was the first Red Punch.EV in Thane. Using the PDI checklist provided by TeamBHP I checked the make and year (May 2024) during my PDI visit and it matched with the car on the delivery day. The tyres were made in the first week of April ’24, which meant that the car was fresh out of the factory.

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_1478.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_1446.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_1476.jpg

First Week
It is a fun-small car to drive, it has enough power to keep up on the highway and also smooth enough to drive within the city at 20-35 kmph speeds.
I covered around 390 kilometers in the first week, and as of today (26th June ’24) it is at 502 kilometers.
Tata Punch.ev Review-2f77d6eaadbc49af9b11469db9566028.jpg
Tata Punch.ev Review-992ff574012842e68dd33713efc70380.jpg

I have charged it fully 2 times till now using the 7.2 KW charger which we purchased with the car. It took around 4 hours to charge from 28% to 100%.
The ECO mode with Regen at 3 is the most used combination by me, because in bumper-to-bumper traffic and also on the busy highway it has enough power for quick overtakes and uses minimal battery power.

I will be sharing a lot of data as the days go by, I am excited to connect with the other EV users on the forum, maybe we can have a small repository of EV data.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_1508.jpg  

Karansingh is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 09:00   #411
BHPian

^^Congratulations! Looking forward to your inputs.
Quaser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 09:32   #412

Folks, what is the peak AEC seen by you for your Punch so far?
Old 27th June 2024, 19:59   #413
BHPian

A Pdi checklist for punch ev. Hope it would be useful for new buyers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI_Checklist_Punch_draft_version.ev.pdf (192.2 KB, 45 views)
King_Julien is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 11:32   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karansingh View Post
The pic in the dark parking area brings out the menacing design features of this car. It is screaming Gen-Z and crying for a hot hatch like 175+ bhp turbo Gdi drive train.
svsantosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 13:48   #415
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Red punch definitely is eye catching
camaroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 15:07   #416
BHPian

The red color looks fabulous. I wanted to get the flash red Rapid when i bought mine, but a lot of these cars start looking tomato color eventually

Btw, this color on the Punch gives me Iron Man helmet kinda vibes
Old 28th June 2024, 21:47   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karansingh View Post
In the summer of 2024, it started to amplify the issues and this time the issues piled up. Most of the components were new (radiator, fuel lines, hoses, fuses, relays, etc.) yet the car started giving up. At times I had to do Goregaon to Thane with a burning smell. One fine day the car just died in BKC (an area in Mumbai) and refused to start. It created chaos on the roads and there was no help. This happened in the peak sun at 12 pm. As a last shot to life, we replaced the fan and the fan belt which came at a good cost and within 2 days the car was dead again.
The Punch EV makes a lot of sense over the ICE version. But I am surprised that you decided to go with Tata again after all the issues faced in your Indigo. Hopefully, you will have a better experience with them this time round. Good luck and happy motoring !
SithDefender is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 22:35   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
The pic in the dark parking area brings out the menacing design features of this car. It is screaming Gen-Z and crying for a hot hatch like 175+ bhp turbo Gdi drive train.
Haha, yes it does look menacing in low light conditions. Me being a '98 born, I still believe that a vehicle has a face and personality to it. Hopefully, i will get to drive a hot hatch someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroon View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Red punch definitely is eye catching
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
The red color looks fabulous. I wanted to get the flash red Rapid when i bought mine, but a lot of these cars start looking tomato color eventually

Btw, this color on the Punch gives me Iron Man helmet kinda vibes
Was a little apprehensive about the red colour, but immediately booked it when I saw one red Punch.EV in Chembur (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithDefender View Post
The Punch EV makes a lot of sense over the ICE version. But I am surprised that you decided to go with Tata again after all the issues faced in your Indigo. Hopefully, you will have a better experience with them this time round. Good luck and happy motoring !
Well, I was 10 when that car came home and i am 26 when we sold it. Covered around 92,000 kilometers. The weather and a lot of other factors were behind the fast aging to that car. And the biggest reason was that by the time i took personal interest in that car, it was already 9 years old.

Tata Punch.ev Review-img_5250.jpg

And issues exist in all the brands and their offerings, I believe that is what makes the car almost human like. My Ninja 1000 has a fairing which is caving in because of heat
Tata has come a long way, my grandfather had a Sierra and my father remembers that there were so many issues with the seat of that vehicle.

Also, since it is in your username, the Defender 130 is my dream machine.
Karansingh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks