Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2024, 11:17   #331
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
they upgraded even the mcb in the meter board to a higher spec. So now it now has dual mcb setup for super protection. Mighty impressed. At zero cost.
Tata power had installed one more component in my chain as shown in image. Not sure if it is MCB o RCCB. Attached is the image, did they install it near your meter?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-20240516_073301.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th May 2024 at 13:28.
King_Julien is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 13:56   #332

It appears to be an MCB outside the box and a 2-Pole ELCB inside the box for increased overall protection.
Old 16th May 2024, 15:53   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
Tata power had installed one more component in my chain as shown in image. Not sure if it is MCB o RCCB. Attached is the image, did they install it near your meter?
Its an MCB as an added protection and an extra On/Off Switch. For me, they installed it near the Charger and not near the Main Meter box (though I wanted it near the same). No extra money was asked for the same and they said its added to the installation process
Old 16th May 2024, 16:09   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v01d View Post
I'm sharing my logs. I don't have a column for cost because I have a solar setup at home and I do not plan to charge it outside (so far ).

Attachment 2606523
Great. Wonderful for the environment. I too am planning to buy an EV. Not decided which one as yet. Can you please tell me what solar set up you have at home. I have a 4 KVA offgrid solar system. It is powering the whole house. Will it be sufficient for an additional load of the EV? How do you plan the charging of the car - daytime only or use the battery backup at night?
Old 16th May 2024, 22:04   #335

It's been a month since we got the Punch EV, it's run only about 450km, the average consumption is around 150 wh/km at best. Which is quite concerning as I was expecting it to give atleast 270 in the city, which should be around 130wh/km, is it the same with other owners as well.

Driven only in Bangalore City, with really light foot, in city mode and use of regen between 1-2. No peak traffic encountered, AC always in 22/23°C.

It's more worrying because we haven't touched the sports mode yet, tried eco for about 10km was pretty sluggish but wouldn't mind much.
Any tips or suggestions.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th June 2024 at 09:18. Reason: Spacing and formatting for readability
Old 16th May 2024, 22:49   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreammanualcars View Post
It's been a month since we got the Punch EV, it's run only about 450km, the average consumption is around 150 wh/km at best. Which is quite concerning as I was expecting it to give atleast 270 in the city, which should be around 130wh/km, is it the same with other owners as well.

Driven only in Bangalore City, with really light foot, in city mode and use of regen between 1-2. No peak traffic encountered, AC always in 22/23°C.

It's more worrying because we haven't touched the sports mode yet, tried eco for about 10km was pretty sluggish but wouldn't mind much.
Any tips or suggestions.
Drove 900km in the first month with average of 125.1wh/km, it could have been better but spend couple of hours with car "on" with AC (in heavy traffic (drive time 77%) (idle time 23%). I generally drive on Eco mode (87%) with Regen level 3 in city traffic and drove in City mode(12.8%) on highway with Regen level 1. best I got was 106.1 Temperature is also high so that also affects the average. I park in the basement so that keeps car cool.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th June 2024 at 09:18. Reason: Formatting quoted post
DHARM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 23:54   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
Yes this was installed in the meter box
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 00:04   #338
BHPian

Quote:
The summer is very harsh this time and you expect higher AEC.

You should look at some of the graphs on zconnect app to find the reason for higher consumption.

If you are making short rides, ac not in internal circulation mode etc will show high energy consumption .

Under aircon settings there is an "econ" mode, you could try that.
King_Julien is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 11:27   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
How do we compute the power consumption and cost per km run? I am trying to make an excel sheet to calculate the same with data like odometer reading etc at each charging. Any ideas would help.
There's a good template used by Priyans Murarka over at his blog - expwithevs.in. Here's the direct link to his Google sheet for convenience.
Old 17th May 2024, 16:49   #340
BHPian

Quote:

Any tips or suggestions.
I am also using my Punch EV in Bangalore with an average daily running of 65-70 Kms with AEC hovering between 110-125 Wh/KM. I have done close to 1000 KMs till now and for me, AC is always ON, kept at 24°C and I generally drive in City Mode with Regen at 3. Overall range after a full recharge shows between 290-310 KMs.

I would suggest continue to Drive and also reset your trip meter before any drive (>50 kms) for you to see more accurate AEC.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th June 2024 at 09:19. Reason: Formatting quoted post
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 16:53   #341

Thank you guys for your inputs, will work on improving it and get back after few weeks.
Old 18th May 2024, 17:17   #342
BHPian

So got the first service done for the car at Adishakti motors Davangere about 65 kms away from my place as EV service still not open in Chitradurga.

Issues reported were hard close needed for rear boot, noise while opening driver door, washer spray redirection, phone keeps connecting and disconnecting when on call on Bluetooth (works fine on android auto).

Car was given at 10am, Got it back 3 pm. Most things look fixed apart from the phone part. Car was washed nicely, could count 5 people working on each Car cleanup, pretty impressed. Cost was zero.

Saw them jump starting a dead Nexon EV using another Nexon EV. Dead EV one lead to battery and another to body ground, donor car both leads to battery.

Saw a seaweed green adventure LR Punch on display,
need to say that this has all the basics covered, the interiors in dull finish don't look budget but classy. I had buyers remorse and was wondering if i wasted 1.30 lakhs on the topend version

Car has done 2058 kms in these 12 days. Super happy about it
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-20240518_143140.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-20240518_145045.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-20240518_103619.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-20240518_160827.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 20:24   #343

I have driven around 4000 km. Initially the car used to show the range between 280 - 330km (depending on the drive mode), but then after some time i started seeing discrepancy between the range shown and actual range. Eg showing 280 on full charge but actually giving around 200km. ( 98 km in 42% battery consumed ). Then i tried to reset the battery cells by draining down the battery to 9%. Since then the range showing on full charge is around 200 km and that is actually what i am getting. I am now confused that is the range drop is because of the rising heat in Delhi , or there is some problem with the battery. Would love to hear the opinions of other members here on this.

Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 21:34   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG532 View Post
I have driven around 4000 km. Initially the car used to show the range between 280 - 330km (depending on the drive mode), but then after some time i started seeing discrepancy between the range shown and actual range. Eg showing 280 on full charge but actually giving around 200km. ( 98 km in 42% battery consumed ). Then i tried to reset the battery cells by draining down the battery to 9%. Since then the range showing on full charge is around 200 km and that is actually what i am getting. I am now confused that is the range drop is because of the rising heat in Delhi , or there is some problem with the battery. Would love to hear the opinions of other members here on this.

Thanks
Whats regen level are you driving on? I find Level 2 optimum for city use.

What is your set temperature for the AC? Mine is on 25C

Do you use the ECO mode on the AC? This can be used when driving alone. Perceptible difference in cooling between ECO and non ECO modes.

Have you checked your tyre pressure.

I achieve 160kms for on a 100-10% drop on my Tiago LR on my regular NCR rides.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th June 2024 at 09:20. Reason: Spacing and formatting
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 23:16   #345
BHPian

Check this out

It looks like punch ev is yet to iron out lot of software issues.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks