Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2024, 22:46   #301
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarman View Post
Anyone sorted out the rear seatbelt alarm issue?
It rings for a short while every time you start moving. Got used to it enough to ignore it now! Seems like nothing can be done.
Old 7th May 2024, 17:36   #302
BHPian

Finally, I bought my first Tata and EV, took the Empowered plus Oxide non-sunroof delivery two days back, and enjoyed the learning drives since then. did about 300 km in these three days. Day one had to do jugad to charge as the garage 15amps socket had faulty earthing, was worried to park it overnight to charge on the road using the utility power socket. Next day got the garage outlet fixed and charged it from there. The front nose socket seems odd placement for my use, side charge would have been perfect for me , need to park the car in reverse to do this, but that's nitpicking. Loving all the bells and whistles. Sports mode is fun, city is very practical and eco feels too limited maybe better for bumper to bumper city traffic. Tata though has made improvements in design by leaps and bounds but quality control/finishing on close up is not even close to Maruti leave alone the Koreans.

Fellow punch EV owners a few questions-
-did you get the puncture kit? mine is missing, SA says last few vehicles came without it and they are checking on it.
-the windshield washer fluid barely makes the bottom of the glass, I thought it was a defect, SA says this is common for all Tata cars and the jet won't spray at center.
-did anyone fit a spare wheel into the wheel well. I want to install one seems the rear seat need to be removed to take out the tools tray. Also if I fit in a spare where can I get the center styrofoam to fit the jack and tools like in the ICE Punch.

I have about 4k km run every month and plan to use the Punch as a workhorse. Let's see if it can do it or if it'll become a very expensive toy. I have brought this to save on fuel and maintenance costs. Tomorrow will be the first time I do a 500 km round trip to Bangalore in a day. Keeping fingers crossed, first time I will be using a fast charger to juice it up (planning to do this twice) Let's see how it goes, keeping fingers crossed.

PS-Tata did make a lovely fun little car
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-punch-01.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch-02.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 23:37   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
-the windshield washer fluid barely makes the bottom of the glass, I thought it was a defect, SA says this is common for all Tata cars and the jet won't spray at center.
My tata punch also had the same issue with windshield wiper fluid. It was fixed at the service center during first service. Do not trust tata dealers, they told the boot has to be slammed hard to lock. It is some double lock mechanism etc, but that issue was also rectified on first visit to service center.

Quote:
Tomorrow will be the first time I do a 500 km round trip to Bangalore in a day. Keeping fingers crossed, first time I will be using a fast charger to juice it up (planning to do this twice) Let's see how it goes, keeping fingers crossed.
Strongly advice to try fast charging once before emergency. 2 users has reported issue were AC charging worked, but car didnt accept DC charging. For one user (Ravi), car cable had to be replaced . For the other user service center has suggested to try actuator replacement, this is pending.

In Karnataka, TN, Andra , Telengana you can try statiq chargers as they are giving free DC charging on their app till 15th May. If you are new user, you could use my referral code rejin8687 for extra credits . The app has multiple brands., but offers are not applicable for Shell chargers.

Enjoy the trip
King_Julien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 13:26   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
that issue was also rectified on first visit to service center.

Strongly advice to try fast charging once before emergency.

I. If you are new user, you could use my referral code rejin8687 for extra credits .

Enjoy the trip
Thanks for the timely updates mate, so did the Bangalore trip yesterday. Started at 8.30 am with full home charging (Slow charge) at 100% range shown was 250kms, set the tripmeter a bit late and it has recorded 390 km but actually did about 450-460 km. It showed 136 Wh/Km reading as per the trip meter.
On the way to Bangalore maintained a speed of 80-85 Kmph with the most use of cruise control till Tumkur. Reached T begur Paakshala at 10.10 am and put it on Zeon fast charger with 33% charge left. After finishing breakfast saw that there was a power failure and the car had charged to only 69% in 30 mins, proceeded with the shown 170kms range. Cost here was Rs303/-.In Bangalore after finishing some work went to Lulu mall where they had a Rebolt charger. Put the car for charge for 45 mins and it went from 45% to 90%. Was charged 408Rs- for it. Left the mall at 6 pm towards Chitradruga and it was raining quite heavily. Mainted a speed of 90-100 kmph on the way back. Range shown was 20 km more than the google maps distance so had decided to top it up at Nanjundeshwara Hotel near Tumkur. This has a Zeon charger but it showed some error and didn't charge.
By the time we reached Sira ,Javagondanhalli Fast charger the range difference was 40 km so decided to wing it home. By the time I was 6kms away from home the charge dropped below 10% , range shown was 25kms and car went into limp mode. Accelator was wooden and speed was capped at 60kmph and cruise stopped working and constant alarms. By the time I reached home charge was at 6%. Some observations-

-Going towards bangalore range drop was more than km s covered as was moving higher. While returning Range drop was lower than the km covered as we were coming down in elevation.
-Driving at 85kmph on cruise control is very boring and patience-testing.
-Fast charging might work perfectly or worse depending on your luck, but when it works it is as easy as an ice fuel up albeit with more time ,if you have spare work/activity to do you won't notice the charge wait times.
-The car is amazing to drive in bumper-to-bumper city traffic. Lane assist,360 camera, ventilated seats, auto hold, small dimensions, and upright seating are all a great boon. I may be biased as this is my first automatic.
-The range drop from 15% to 10% was very fast like in a blink of an eye. Need to check this more.
-Better charge the car before it reaches 10% last 25kms for a fuss-free drive.
-Google maps integration into the dash is amazing.
-Wireless android though great to use drains the phone battery pretty fast and though had kept the phone on wireless charger through the journey it was unable to charge it above 70%. Phone was a Samsung S23 Ultra. Have decide to disable Android auto and stick to Bluetooth due to this.
-Had a stone hit on the windshield in the rains and it cracked. First damage in 4days already.

The approximate cost for the 450kms drive was less than 950Rs. The best bang for the buck is home charging and the best fuss range to hit is within 175-200kms . Rest depends on charging infrastructure and more important if it is working at the time you are there.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-punch01.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch02.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch03.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch04.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch05.jpg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-punch06.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 14:50   #305

mh09ad5578, thanks for descriptive posts about your new car & long drive experiences!

I also plan to keep a spare tyre & am wondering how to go about it - planning to check with the service guys during first warranty service since the showroom guys don't seem to know much.
Quasar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 16:26   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Lane assist,360 camera, ventilated seats, auto hold, small dimensions, and upright seating are all a great boon. I may be biased as this is my first automatic.
I dont think punch .ev has Lane assist.
If it has, please help with the steps to use it. Thanks
King_Julien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 17:57   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
mh09ad5578,- planning to check with the service guys during first warranty service since the showroom guys don't seem to know much.
Thanks for the kind words. Please do update the spare wheel update. However, the SA told me that the ICE punch steel rim can be installed and matches, he said the center toolkit styrofoam which houses the jack and accessories can't be sourced. This is a bummer as placing tools otherwise is cumbersome, not to forget might cause unwanted noise and scratches. Price of the steel rim quoted was Rs500/-, was checking 195/60/R16 tyres and these are in the range of 5 to 6.5k rupees each.

Quote:
I don't think punch .ev has Lane assist.
If it has, please help with the steps to use it. Thanks
Sorry I meant the Blind Spot indicator @mods kindly please correct the thread.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 18:02   #308

Just discovered that there is a sprayer for rear window too for the wiper. Wonder where the storage water tank is for the rear window sprayer.
Also, both sprayers can just about throw out water - guess the nozzles need to be cleaned.
Quasar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 18:10   #309

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. Please do update the spare wheel update. However, the SA told me that the ICE punch steel rim can be installed and matches, he said the center toolkit styrofoam which houses the jack and accessories can't be sourced. This is a bummer as placing tools otherwise is cumbersome, not to forget might cause unwanted noise and scratches. Price of the steel rim quoted was Rs500/-, was checking 195/60/R16 tyres and these are in the range of 5 to 6.5k rupees each.
Will update but my 1st warranty service will be due only end of this month!
Rs.500/- for the steel rim is cheap. Who mentioned this price?
Do you have a picture of the styrofoam that houses the jack and accessories on the ICE punch?
Old 9th May 2024, 19:12   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Will update but my 1st warranty service will be due only end of this month!
Rs.500/- for the steel rim is cheap. Who mentioned this price?
Do you have a picture of the styrofoam that houses the jack and accessories on the ICE punch?
The accessories department guy from local Tata dealership, now that you mention it I am getting sceptical let me call him and pick it up. Spare wheel with tool kit pic shall share from official team-bhp ICE Punch review
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-punch-spare.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 20:09   #311

That looks really neat & compact. Wish Tatas had given this as an option for Punch-EV or at least made it available as an accessory to those interested in keeping a spare wheel.
Old 9th May 2024, 20:45   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the timely updates mate, so did the Bangalore trip yesterday. Started at 8.30 am with full home charging (Slow charge) at 100% range shown was 250kms, set the tripmeter a bit late and it has recorded 390 km but actually did about 450-460 km. It showed 136 Wh/Km reading as per the trip meter.

So the vehicle took 67% charge to do 185 kms? If we extrapolate that's about 247kms from 100-10% when driven at 80-85 on the highway? That's decent range and also its very close to the range displayed on the dash much like the True Range on the Ather.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 16:41   #313
BHPian

Quote:
It rings for a short while every time you start moving. Got used to it enough to ignore it now! Seems like nothing can be done.
I had connected the seat belt to faster all the time . Passengers were sitting on it. The alarm will not go this way, but it hurts if someone sits on the seatbelt buckle unknowly.

Now I have bought the below product and permanently disabled the alarm. Need 3 peices of this for the rear seat.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0D1XV5BWY?...t_details&th=1

I use my vehicle in city traffic, if you are taking it to highway, better to remove these and use seatbelts.
King_Julien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 18:21   #314

Quote:
I had connected the seat belt to faster all the time . Passengers were sitting on it. The alarm will not go this way, but it hurts if someone sits on the seatbelt buckle unknowly.

Now I have bought the below product and permanently disabled the alarm. Need 3 peices of this for the rear seat.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0D1XV5BWY?...t_details&th=1

I use my vehicle in city traffic, if you are taking it to highway, better to remove these and use seatbelts.

RAMPKD 2 PCS Seat Belt Buckle... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0CV3QZ8Q9?...p_mob_ap_share

This seems to he an option. Don’t know though about how safe it is when used with the seatbelt…
thecarman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 19:13   #315
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
That looks really neat & compact. Wish Tatas had given this as an option for Punch-EV or at least made it available as an accessory to those interested in keeping a spare wheel.
Here is the video of Punch EV fitted with Spare wheel. I am also planning to fit spare wheel for our Punch EV.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks