Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2024, 07:11   #211
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

My Empower + LR after fully charged is showing a range of 242Km. Is this an issue or it’s calculated based on my previous driving history?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-img_4684.jpeg  

Old 23rd March 2024, 07:27   #212
BHPian

The latest software update shows pretty realistic range for tata EVs. In my tigor also it shows 200 to 230 on full charge and it travels 180-190 easily with ac.

If you don't drive with ac and achieve high range and then put it on charge it will automatically give higher numbers like 300 etc. Thumb rule given the weight and battery size is 7-8 kms /kwh with ac.
Nanolover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 09:33   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCool View Post
My Empower + LR after fully charged is showing a range of 242Km. Is this an issue or it’s calculated based on my previous driving history?
Calculated based on your previous driving history. Obviously this changes as you turn off AC, turn the regeneration to higher later or change the mode to Economy.
randeepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 10:27   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeepsr View Post
Calculated based on your previous driving history. Obviously this changes as you turn off AC, turn the regeneration to higher later or change the mode to Economy.
We recently did a 230 KM highway run (100% AC, decent speeds but within speed limit) and at the end of the run, it still had 25% battery of about 80K range. 300KM should easily be possible on 100% charge.
Ferrari1976 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 14:38   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCool View Post
This happened to me only y'day. After charging my Nexon LR, it showed 224 at 100% SOC. That was because I drove with lead-foot in sport mode last 30 km, before charging. Y'day morning I went out on a 57 Km trip and this time I drove sedately. So, what was 224 Km in the morning, read as 208 km in early evening after I concluded a 57 km trip. That is how it adjusts to driving style.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 17:23   #216

Got delivery of Empowered + LR White color yesterday. Sales experience has nothing to speak of but did not have any expectations owing to my previous experience with my NANO amt. I was very sad when I let go of my NANO the earlier night but the new car has made up for it.
There were 5-6 small issues during PDI which the dealership took a WEEK to resolve.
I had approached Zekardo for PDI service but they declined for EV. I asked them if they can do a part PDI limited to paint, fit- finish etc but they did not reply.
I have not faced any niggles till now except once it showed "Parking brake failure" message on the screen but is working fine. My daughter was not happy with my choice of PUNCH but she has liked it in its Electric avtaar with features loaded to the brim. I have to yet explore many features. Overall happy with the purchase
CHIRU3011 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 23:57   #217
BHPian

Greetings Punch enthusiasts,

I’ve got some observations and questions to share from my test drive (TD). Can anyone lend a hand with answers?

1. Experienced a glitch with the Punch EV top end variant I tested today: the 360 and reverse parking cameras weren’t functioning. Restarting didn’t solve it. Sales person said that this needs to be fixed at servicing station. Is this a new issue, or has anyone else encountered it?

2. During a test drive in 30-degree weather, even after 15 minutes with max cooling and fan speed, the cabin didn’t cool adequately. Any insights?

3. The “Phygital” control panel is a big flaw. Tiny hazard button alongside the other buttons got it worse and the most shocking part is its placement next to the boot open button. Worried it might open while driving if tapped accidentally. Can anyone confirm this potential design flaw?

4. TPMS only displays “OK.” Can it show pressure values, and if so, how can I access them?

5. Does the steering stiffen at high speeds in both eco and sport modes, or just in sport mode? Can we use Eco mode at 80 or 100kmph on highway to get best range?

6. Noticed that when I disengage the park button, the rotary dial automatically shifts from P to N. Is this normal?

7. While checking settings in the infotainment, noticed it displays “Tata Harrier” 3d graphics instead of “Punch.” Is this standard across all units?

8. Imp query: The Punch EV doesn’t include front parking sensors, nor its listed in the official accessories unlike its availability for the Punch ICE and Nexon EV. Did Tata overlook this or purposely omit it? Can I install front parking sensors meant for Nexon EV Mid range as both have same size displays and software? If so, would the proximity visuals appear in the cockpit or infotainment screens?
nhkvarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 11:42   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkvarma View Post
Greetings Punch enthusiasts,

I’ve got some observations and questions to share from my test drive (TD). Can anyone lend a hand with answers?

1. Experienced a glitch with the Punch EV top end variant I tested today: the 360 and reverse parking cameras weren’t functioning. Restarting didn’t solve it. Sales person said that this needs to be fixed at servicing station. Is this a new issue, or has anyone else encountered it?

2. During a test drive in 30-degree weather, even after 15 minutes with max cooling and fan speed, the cabin didn’t cool adequately. Any insights?

3. The “Phygital” control panel is a big flaw. Tiny hazard button alongside the other buttons got it worse and the most shocking part is its placement next to the boot open button. Worried it might open while driving if tapped accidentally. Can anyone confirm this potential design flaw?

4. TPMS only displays “OK.” Can it show pressure values, and if so, how can I access them?

5. Does the steering stiffen at high speeds in both eco and sport modes, or just in sport mode? Can we use Eco mode at 80 or 100kmph on highway to get best range?

6. Noticed that when I disengage the park button, the rotary dial automatically shifts from P to N. Is this normal?

7. While checking settings in the infotainment, noticed it displays “Tata Harrier” 3d graphics instead of “Punch.” Is this standard across all units?

8. Imp query: The Punch EV doesn’t include front parking sensors, nor its listed in the official accessories unlike its availability for the Punch ICE and Nexon EV. Did Tata overlook this or purposely omit it? Can I install front parking sensors meant for Nexon EV Mid range as both have same size displays and software? If so, would the proximity visuals appear in the cockpit or infotainment screens?
1. No glitch till date, but then its a Tata, expect glitches!!
2. Cooling is good, no issues.
3. Its bad design, no questions. Best used when the car is at stand still.
4. That's all it can show (OK/NOT OK). I have reduced the tire pressure to 32 since the ride is a bit harsh, not is continuously shows NOT OK!!
5. It does. Eco mode is good on Highways only, the drop in performance is very very real. No fun in that mode. Range improves sightly.
6. Yes, normal and useful.
7. Not checked, but its Tata!!
8. 360 Camera mostly makes those redundant. Portability of the sensors is something that service center can help with, but again, its Tata, so avoid depending on such aspects.
Ferrari1976 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 13:58   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
1. No glitch till date, but then its a Tata, expect glitches!!
2. Cooling is good, no issues.
3. Its bad design, no questions. Best used when the car is at stand still.
4. That's all it can show (OK/NOT OK). I have reduced the tire pressure to 32 since the ride is a bit harsh, not is continuously shows NOT OK!!
5. It does. Eco mode is good on Highways only, the drop in performance is very very real. No fun in that mode. Range improves sightly.
6. Yes, normal and useful.
7. Not checked, but its Tata!!
8. 360 Camera mostly makes those redundant. Portability of the sensors is something that service center can help with, but again, its Tata, so avoid depending on such aspects.

Thanks for the response.

The suspension is not as plush as XUV 400 but is good enough. No cracking sounds and body in control. But felt some body side movements on uneven roads and potholes.

Does the connected features come with remote lock/unlock, engine on/off or AC on/off?
nhkvarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 19:37   #220

Car battery at 33% charge was showing range of 103 km in City mode with regen L1 with AC. Charged car for the 1st time. It took 10.5 hours to slow charge (3.3 kw) from 33 % to 100 %. Now at 100 % charge car is showing a range of 334 km without AC and 301 km with AC. Will update actual range achieved once I use the car for a few days.
The rear passenger seat belt warning chime works for a few seconds before going off in case the seat belts are not inserted. The chime does not stay on continuously.
This is my first car with keyless entry and I am finding it super convenient to use.
Ventilated seats work but are not as good as I found them on a friends Hyundai Creta.
All the doors have to be closed firmly especially the boot door.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240325-7.26.51-pm.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240325-7.26.52-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th March 2024 at 19:40.
CHIRU3011 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 11:48   #221

Drove the car for 34 kms after full charge with AC on at all times. Battery has dropped by 12% from 100% to 88%.
The range at 88% battery level is shown as
- 333 km without AC @ regen level 1
- 299 km with AC @ regen level 1
- 311 km with AC @ regen level 3
Till now i have driven only within the city in CITY mode and regen level 3.
With regen level 3 I do not have to use the brakes at most of the times.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240327-11.35.54-am-2.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240327-11.35.54-am-1.jpeg  

Tata Punch.ev Review-whatsapp-image-20240327-11.35.54-am.jpeg  

Old 27th March 2024, 12:28   #222
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi,

Congratulations on your new purchase, I have also booked the same model of Punch EV, vehicle is billed, and will arrive soon. Just need some information from you

what is the sequence of events for e.g. when do you make full payment, immediately after successful PDI or you hold some part till delivery?

How many days after PDI vehicle has been delivered to you?

Any major issue you found during Punch EV PDI? or now

How much you paid for insurance? have you got it from outside or dealer matched.

Any other point?

Many Thanks
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:54   #223
BHPian

My responses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHARM View Post
what is the sequence of events for e.g. when do you make full payment, immediately after successful PDI or you hold some part till delivery?

Mostly you will have to make full payment after PDI. After that dealer creates the invoice and form 20.
The insurance should be bought with these documents.
Then RTO does the registaration and gives the registration number. Then the vehicle gets ready for delivery.

(One dealer agreed for part payment after PDI, provided I complete the full payment in few days. I am not sure if they would have created invoice without completing payment, anyway it failed in PDI and didnt go through with that deal.)

How many days after PDI vehicle has been delivered to you?
5 to 7 days. Depends on how fast the dealer proceeds with the invoicing and RTO works. Also if you have preference to take vehicle on auspicious day/time, it would be better to inform Sales advisor in advance, so that he prepares with that target date.

Quote:
Any major issue you found during Punch EV PDI? or now
Not major issues, i faced only the first 2 issues listed below.
Some of them have listed.
1) Boot has to be closed hard (got rectified in service center)
2) coolant hose leak (got replaced in service center, took a week to get replacement part).
3) windsheild washer not having force
4) Gear knob not shifting (not sure if it got rectified in those vehicles)
5) paddle shifter not working.
6) mutiple warning on console (hill hold, auto hold etc), due to coupler loose connection in wheel arch.
7) Paint chipping and panel gaps (reason : it is a TATA vehicle )
How much you paid for insurance? have you got it from outside or dealer matched.

Quote:
Any other point?
Take PDI in day time and take your time to try every item.
If PDI is completed, and payment made collect the 3.3KW charging box and user manual from vehicle.

Ask dealer to intiate the charging box installation, so that it is completed by the time vehicle delivery happens.

Go throught the user manual, so that you get comfortable on how to use the vehicle. Carry the manual when you go for vehicle delivery and get it stamped.
King_Julien is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 13:50   #224
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks a ton for your quick feedback, will do according to your advice.
Old 27th March 2024, 16:12   #225

Quote:
Congratulations on your new purchase, I have also booked the same model of Punch EV, vehicle is billed, and will arrive soon. Just need some information from you
Hi,

Congratulations on your booking.

- I had paid booking amount Rs 21000/-, then the dealer asked for 60% before PDI
- During PDI, there a 7-8 small issues related to paint finish and fitting of the door mouldings etc
- They took a good 12 days to resolve the issues. I did a second inspection and as all was ok. I paid the balance amount in full after which they did the insurance & registration and delivered the car in 4 days
- No major issue
- Insurance from dealer Rs 54000/- including zero dep

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th March 2024 at 16:19. Reason: Trimming quoted post; post formatting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks