Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 22:11   #196
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch.ev Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHARM View Post
You must not take delivery until all issues are fixed and inform the dealer in any more issue crop up in PDI, you will either take a new vehicle or refund. what is the deal amount? approximately?
Yes, they are busy fixing the issue and their sc has taken it at priority. I got a ~20k discount on exshowroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreammanualcars View Post
As far as I am aware, none of the tata dealerships are providing discount on the Punch EV, if they are then it is something to look carefully, because it might be a return vehicle from other customers, can try cross checking that, by checking the manufacture date, and also check using the VIN number, like if it was already registered or something, not sure.
This is just my point of view also if the discounts are on the insurance amount and not the ex showroom price/cash discount, I would not suspect any major issue. Might be they wanted to sell away that colour or model soon.
Good Luck!!
Multiple dealers are giving that much discount here in Jaipur. The odo was at 11 during pdi and their stockyard is 8kms from the showroom. They got the vehicle at showroom on my request. So I am pretty confident that the car is new. I have the VIN. Don't know how to check the date of manufacture. Is that mentioned on the vehicle somewhere? Insurance was quoted at par with market price. They matched online quotes.
v01d is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 22:22   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v01d View Post
I have the VIN. Don't know how to check the date of manufacture.
Below post has info https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
camaroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 23:00   #198

Quote:
Yes, they are busy fixing the issue and their sc has taken it at priority. I got a ~20k discount on exshowroom.
===
I have the VIN. Don't know how to check the date of manufacture. Is that mentioned on the vehicle somewhere? Insurance was quoted at par with market price. They matched online quotes.
Looks good, there is one sticker on the driver side door, not sure if it shows manufacture year and month, but go through this tread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...%20Manufacture (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Dreammanualcars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 09:44   #199
BHPian

It is a January car. Given that the car has launched in Jan, it could not be any older. There are no stickers on the driver side door, but couple on the windshield saying PDI conducted mid Jan.
v01d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 11:05   #200
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
As far as I am aware, none of the tata dealerships are providing discount on the Punch EV, if they are then it is something to look carefully, because it might be a return vehicle from other customers, can try cross checking that, by checking the manufacture date, and also check using the VIN number, like if it was already registered or something, not sure.
This is just my point of view also if the discounts are on the insurance amount and not the ex showroom price/cash discount, I would not suspect any major issue. Might be they wanted to sell away that colour or model soon.
Good Luck!!
Discounts are given on Punch EV. I have got it, and the vehicle is not available with the dealer as I am requesting them to get it soon, but they can provide after two weeks.
DHARM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 11:08   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Good Luck!!
Quote:
It is a January car. Given that the car has launched in Jan, it could not be any older. There are no stickers on the driver side door, but couple on the windshield saying PDI conducted mid Jan.
Which Model and colour you have opted? Are you getting insurance from outside or have they matched the quote?
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 11:11   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Their extended warranties are expensive at 17,000 to 19,000 per year but we don't have much choice given the amount of electronics provided in the car
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 23:59   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHARM View Post
Which Model and colour you have opted? Are you getting insurance from outside or have they matched the quote?
I had opted for a white AdvLR with FC. They matched quote.

Rejected the previous vehicle and the dealer invited for inspection of a new vehicle, but in gray color. Faced exactly same issue with it. Regen levers failed to work. The staff asked me to try changing levels while driving and I did so without success. Battery was at 68%. They sat in the driver seat and tried themselves but no luck. Showed a YouTube video to them of the expected behavior. Also demonstrated the same in a demo nexon ev.

They admitted that this piece too had the same problem and now I have asked for a new one.

Has any other buyer faced such a problem with AdventureLR variant? Or is it my karma?
v01d is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 07:37   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They admitted that this piece too had the same problem and now I have asked for a new one.

Has any other buyer faced such a problem with AdventureLR variant? Or is it my karma?
Don't know about Punch, but have a Tiago EV XT LR and yes even my car's regeneration doesn't work sometimes. Service centre updated the software, but out of 10 times, 1-2 times the brake regeneration fails to do it's bit.
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 13:30   #205
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. This is definitely due to lack of QC from Tata motors and dealers trying to push cars with issues, which is becoming the norm than being an exception. In a way we are doing QC for TATA which they do should have done themselves. Unless customers like us do proactive PDI's and reject cards they will not improve. Dealers will still push this to unsuspecting customers who do not do PDI.

Issues that I have gathered so far - thanks to all who have provided feedback.

1. Not getting to drive mode
2. TPMS, ABS and other dashboard indicator issues
3. Coolant Leak
4. Auto Hold issues
5. Regen issues

I may be doing PDI next week, will get back on the issues.
camaroon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 14:32   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroon View Post

Issues that I have gathered so far - thanks to all who have provided feedback.

2. TPMS, ABS and other dashboard indicator issues
3. Coolant Leak
4. Auto Hold issues
5. Regen issues

I may be doing PDI next week, will get back on the issues.
2 and 4 are the same?

Couple of issues with empowered:
- Wireless android auto/carplay hangs
- There's another common issue wherein caller name gets stuck on the instrument cluster.

Which variant did you book?
Good luck for your car!
v01d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 15:03   #207

Hi, Can anyone advise on a good Tata service center in Bengaluru for Punch EV?

I got a new Punch EV two weeks ago. While the drive is super, we are seeing a lot of minor software issues.. seat belt alarms going off for no reason, random tyre pressure alerts, etc..

I bought the car from key Motors near Mysore Road, but from my interactions so far, don't have much faith in their ability to provide good service..

Hence looking for recommendations.
city_dweller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 20:01   #208
BANNED

Quote:
2 and 4 are the same?

Couple of issues with empowered:
- There's another common issue wherein caller name gets stuck on the instrument cluster.

Which variant did you book?
Good luck for your car!
We are facing the below issues for our Empowered+
- There's another common issue wherein caller name gets stuck on the instrument cluster. - this is quite irritating.

There is a lag/delay in shifting the drive modes from N to D mode.

Is there anyway we can stop the rear seat belt warning when no occupants on rear seat other the latching the seat belts?
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 22:39   #209
BHPian

Summary of issues from this thread so far:

2. TPMS, ABS and other dashboard indicator issues (Ony indicators no impact on driving).
3. Coolant Leak after charging.
4. Auto Hold not working.
5. Regen levers not working.
6. Wireless android auto/carplay hangs.
7. Caller name gets stuck on the instrument cluster.
8. Traction control getting on / off automatically probably after a speed breaker or a pothole, impacting driving.
9. Cruise control does not work.
10. Lag/delay in shifting the drive modes from N to D mode

Possible solutions:

1. Software update / re-installation - works for some, many workshops do not have updates.
2. Loose connectors near wheel arc .
3. Dashboard errors goes away on its own (?)
4. press hard the break pedal before turning the gear dial.
5. Press the brakes and then press the start/stop button.
6. Wait for MID / Entertainment panel to start & boot completely before starting the car.
7. Remove 12v Aux battery connection for some time for hard reboot. Will be good to get an update if the issues were fixed.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st March 2024 at 23:24. Reason: Formatted post points to make it more readable
camaroon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 16:24   #210

The warranty of 1.6 lakh kilometers (or 8 years, whichever comes first), on the motor and battery pack, is just too low. Does Tata not believe in its all-new platform for EVs?! Most EVs will easily cover 1.6 lakh within 5 years!
Passerby4336 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks