Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 13:11   #1
BHPian

Tata Acti.EV (Gen2 EV) architecture detailed

Tata has launched punch EV with Gen2 architecture details

The architecture is divided in 4 layers

Layer 1 - Power train

1. Wider Orthogonal - High energy density battery pack mounted on the floor. Cells have a 10% improvement in volumetric density
2. Mutli range options - Can have products with range from 300-600km* (*under standard test conditions)
3. New propulsion freedom - FWD, RWD and AWD all are possible
4. Upto 150KW fast charging
5. Upto 11KW OBC for AC fast charging
6. Superior thermal and weight efficiency

Layer 2 - Chassis

1. Multiple body sytles - 5+ products in next 18 months
2. Frunk and boot with no comporises due to battery being in the floor
3. Flat floor to maximize cabin space
4. Reinforced crash structure (GNCAP/BNCAP 5* ready)
5. Low center of gravity for better handling

Layer 3 - Future ready scalable electric architecture

1. Digital cockpit experience powered by Snapdragon digital chassis
2. Futuristic HMI
3. ADAS L2 capable powered by Mobileye and expandable to ADAS L2+
4. 5G connectivity
5. Bidirectional charging capability - V2V and V2L
6. OTA - Firmware and Software updates

Layer 4 - Cloud Architecture
1. Arcade.EV
2. Future connectivity solutions

The video detailing above information

ferrarirules is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 13:37   #2
BHPian

re: Tata Acti.EV (Gen2 EV) architecture detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
2. Mutli range options - Can have products with range from 300-600km* (*under standard test conditions)
Going by above, it seems Sierra/Harrier would have a real world range of 350km (=270/465 * 600) at minimum. I am looking forward to Harrier or Sierra EV. Hope they bring one of them this year.
ottocycle is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 13:38   #3
BHPian

This is is good progress and looks very good on paper. Just hope TATA can pull it off successfully.

But looking at the recent facelift releases for Nexon, Harrier and Safari I dont have high hopes.

Question : I believe the Harrier EV will also be based on Gen2 architecture right?
TheRandomGuy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
Question : I believe the Harrier EV will also be based on Gen2 architecture right?
Everything after Punch is supposed to be on Gen2 or Acti.ev as they call it now. They have said it in the video, 5+ products will be launched in 18 months.
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Everything after Punch is supposed to be on Gen2 or Acti.ev as they call it now. They have said it in the video, 5+ products will be launched in 18 months.

If we just try to speculate the upcoming Ev’s then. 1) Tata curvv 2) Tata harrier 3) tata sierra 4) tata punch (if the tally of 5+ includes this) 5) Maybe avinya finally comes out in 2025
Old 5th January 2024, 15:16   #6
BHPian

I have a naive question. If Punch follows a new Acti.ev architecture and has the battery embedded in the floor, will this be different than how it is in the New Nexon EV ?
I mean Nexon also has the battery in the floor but you can always see the HV Wires (Orange) ones hanging from below and running the full length of the car from the battery pack to the front Motor ?

BTW I have already seen the Harrier EV testing near my house with full body kit and camo covers so its definitely in advanced stages of testing.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 5th January 2024 at 15:17.
swarnava.ch is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
If we just try to speculate the upcoming Ev’s then. 1) Tata curvv 2) Tata harrier 3) tata sierra 4) tata punch (if the tally of 5+ includes this) 5) Maybe avinya finally comes out in 2025
The 5+ models which will be on Gen 2 architecture will be Punch, Curvv, Harrier, Safari, Sierra and Altroz(this one is may be).

Avinya is a ground up EV which will be on the Gen3 architecture
ferrarirules is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I have a naive question. If Punch follows a new Acti.ev architecture and has the battery embedded in the floor, will this be different than how it is in the New Nexon EV ?
I mean Nexon also has the battery in the floor but you can always see the HV Wires (Orange) ones hanging from below and running the full length of the car from the battery pack to the front Motor ?

BTW I have already seen the Harrier EV testing near my house with full body kit and camo covers so its definitely in advanced stages of testing.
Yes this is different to Nexon.ev. Main point of difference being that the Nexon is a direct ICE to EV where as Punch has its ICE platform modified to accommodate the battery pack better and give better space as well as improving the range.
ergon_9700 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:59   #9

From all the previous media announcements and news, the expectation was for Tata to come out with Curvv first in 2024. This is a good surprise at least for me. Having Punch with a price range between Tiago and Nexon will be good for customers. Will have to see how aggressively Tata prices this against eC3 or future competitors like Hyundai Exter etc.
Old 5th January 2024, 16:32   #10

Why does the PunchEV look like it's wearing bicycle tyres? Is this the best a clean sheet design and skateboard chassis can achieve?
Old 5th January 2024, 16:45   #11

A flat floor is something I've been waiting for. I hope the under-thigh support also improves.
Frunk is a nice addition that comes with Pure ev arch.
Great work by Tata.

Punch EV looks very promising. Almost all the features are there.

Waiting for Curvv EV (ADAS is surely on the way there)
pranavjindal999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:

It would differ, as the acti EV platform allows space for frunk. The Nexon hasn't got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
I'm guessing it's the Altroz EV. I'm sure I've heard its electric avatar was in the works.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th January 2024 at 23:26. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
lemedico is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
But looking at the recent facelift releases for Nexon, Harrier and Safari I dont have high hopes.
What really makes you say that. Have you driven them and not liked it, they don't look good, don't have features?
gauravdgr8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
This is way different than what Nexon has. Yes Nexon is a floor mounted battery but it is not wide/flat. The shape is intruding into the floor and the boot. Due to this Nexon MR has a transmission tunnel and Nexon LR has small transmission tunnel hump and raised floor.

With Acti.ev architecture, the battery will lie flat on the floor with no ingress into the cabin. This will liberate alot of cabin space.

Coming to the orange wire running across the car, it is there because ziptron uses charging point in the back. With Acti.EV, you can see the charging port moved to the front. This i think will remove the need of those wires.

Image of Ziptron architecture battery for Nexon.EV

Tata Acti.EV (Gen2 EV) architecture detailed-nexon-battery.jpg
ferrarirules is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:38   #15
BHPian

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the taillights on the Punch? They don't fit the overall dimensions of the car and are too puny. The charging port flap also looks ugly in my opinion and ruins an otherwise decent looking front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks