Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2023, 16:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom

I have always held that that Tesla is thinking hard, since Tata have the full chain under their belt. Manufacturing, charging stations and service are covered.

They have set up or are setting up a $100m plus factory in the UK for making Li-ion batteries, both conventional and Mercedes specific. Remember Lithium (atomic weight 7) forms only about 5% of the battery mass. Now good amounts of Li have been discovered in India. So the next factory will be in India.

I am not sure whether they are making the motors in India or are importing them. I think with the battery price decreasing all the time, hybrids may have a limited popularity.

Tata is the elephant in the room.

Last edited by sgiitk : 23rd December 2023 at 16:27. Reason: Last line added.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:30   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

After Reading all the comments with mixed response about the showroom. IMO, the effort to put forth the going EV as a separate entity with full force looks good. The small details they have paid attention to looks good. Attracting buyers ,who appreciate the going EV revolution and also the ability to form a community seems good and is appreciable.

Such initiatives shall help easing the already overloaded dealerships, with EV crowd moving to such dedicated EV centres.
On the latter part, yes the after sales matter and increasing more after sales point shall be a big ease for existing customers.
I am not an existing owner but a prospective buyer And all the feedback on the forum really go long in taking the decision whether to buy the car from TATA or not. Hopefully, TATA is taking notes regularly to fix the fit and finish issues and the After sales.
TheStoryweaver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have always held that that Tesla is thinking hard, since Tata have the full chain under their belt. Manufacturing, charging stations and service are covered.

They have set up or are setting up a $100m plus factory in the UK for making Li-ion batteries, both conventional and Mercedes specific. Remember Lithium (atomic weight 7) forms only about 5% of the battery mass. Now good amounts of Li have been discovered in India. So the next factory will be in India.

I am not sure whether they are making the motors in India or are importing them. I think with the battery price decreasing all the time, hybrids may have a limited popularity.

Tata is the elephant in the room.
As per the August 2023 issue of Autocar, on Page 19 the correct figures for the upcoming Tata EV battery plant is GBP 4 billion for the plant for the Li - Iron - Phosphate (LFP) and Ni-Mn-Co (NMC) plant. The latter is for JLR. It will start production in under 3 years.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 19:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
While this is a good and welcome move by Tata, is this the need of the hour? Is this what the customers/prospects want/expect from Tata?
Maybe it is. I have read hundreds of posts here, saying that a seperate ev showroom will help, a great start maybe better for customer service too. Also, as you said the current service centres are chocked. So this additional service centre attached to the showroom is welcome, is it not?
Raghuwire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 11:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Tata Passenger Electric Mobility, a subsidiary of Tata Motors, launched two TATA.ev stores, in Gurugram, Haryana. These showrooms exclusively cater to EV customers.
One question Aditya - I have seen your report as well as Many video reviews on Youtube for this launch. Is there a dedicated EV servicing available here as well or is it only a Sales showroom ? I think more than the sales experience, TATA needs to focus on their ASS experience and more so on Quality levels.
Can you clarify on this ?
Old 1st January 2024, 12:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
One question Aditya - I have seen your report as well as Many video reviews on Youtube for this launch. Is there a dedicated EV servicing available here as well or is it only a Sales showroom ? I think more than the sales experience, TATA needs to focus on their ASS experience and more so on Quality levels.
Can you clarify on this ?
I got to visit the recently opened Tata.EV Store in Sec-14 Gurgaon on 30th Dec. To answer your question, it is one stop shop for all EV needs. It has Sales, Service and charging all at one place.

The service center is nearing completion should be up and running by mid to end January. We were allowed to stroll through the service center but were not allowed to click pics. There are around 9-10 lifts for performing service and plenty of non lift area as well. There is separate area for body shop with 3-4 dedicated lifts and a paint booth. There is automated car wash implemented for washing the car post service. We were told that EV cabs will not be entertained at this service center.

I am looking forward to get my car serviced here for the next service.

A few pics from the visit -

The passage visible behind the community wall is the passage to the service center. The black building visible is the service center reception/office and customer lounge.

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240101-12.15.45.jpeg

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240101-12.15.451.jpeg

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240101-12.15.44.jpeg

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240101-12.15.452.jpeg

Last edited by ferrarirules : 1st January 2024 at 12:33.
ferrarirules is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
The service center is nearing completion should be up and running by mid to end January. We were allowed to stroll through the service center but were not allowed to click pics. There are around 9-10 lifts for performing service and plenty of non lift area as well. There is separate area for body shop with 3-4 dedicated lifts and a paint booth. There is automated car wash implemented for washing the car post service. We were told that EV cabs will not be entertained at this service center.

I am looking forward to get my car serviced here for the next service.
That is indeed great news. Thanks a ton for the info and the pics you shared ferrarirules. If Tata can offer a differentiated experience for its EV user Base in Sales and Services experience, I am sure they will connect better with prospects. I would love to have such a Showroom in Bangalore hopefully in the Near Future.
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:55   #23

I have worked at a Tata Service centre as a technical trainee in 2021 and I am shocked to see the level of detail and quality they have put into this EV showroom.
They have had the impression of being low quality since years but seeing all these pictures I must say they have created a benchmark for future new car showrooms in our country.
I have always felt that car showrooms here in Mohali, Chandigarh and in general the north part of India are very cramped and lack proper space for showing the cars the brand has to offer. Service area too is very small as all these showrooms/ service centres are made within a specific area of land in the industrial area of the city. It limits the space and makes it extremely hard to have a good and beautiful space to showcase the models and have a space for servicing the same while having space for smaller yet very important tasks in car buying like sitting areas, body paint colour options and accessories showcase, refreshments area and waiting area for the customers who are getting their cars serviced. These pictures make me believe that the space and quality of materials used is enough and will make for a great experience.
aryannzx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 12:47   #24
BHPian

Had gone to drop my Carens for service and realised the new EV dealership (Sec 14) to be stone throw's distance from there. Walked in randomly (first day opening officially) and was greeted warmly by the staff. Observations:

1. Wanted to check out the boot of Nexon.EV but unfortunately the car's battery was down and boot did not open on pressing the button, same story with the second display Nexon as well.

2. Wanted to see the charging animation in the central light bar, Mr Karan promptly entertained and quickly moved a demo car parked outside near the charging bay and demonstrated the same. The charging somehow could not be stopped from the charger with the help of the RFID tag and had to be stopped from the app. Saw the boot on this demo car.

3. Impromptu asked for a test drive and was instantaneously offered the same by Mr Karan. Took the car for a spin for good 35 kms. Did 150 km/hr on the unopened Dwarka Expressway!

Overall nice experience, Mr Karan was very well versed with the stats and tech of the car. 1 DCFC (Forgot to see the wattage) and 3 7.2 kW AC chargers are available on site. The service centre shutter was down so did not get a chance to see it. Mr Karan told that this place was a 1 stop shop for sales, service and spares for EVs. Mr Karan's contact number 9319197527
idoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 13:40   #25
BANNED

Tata should consider starting service on wheels for EVs, it will be cost effective and help to reduce burden on current service centers.
sripal88 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 13:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The service center is nearing completion should be up and running by mid to end January.
Hi All an update for all NCR folks, the dedicated EV service center at Sec-14 Gurgaon showroom is now operational. Some of the folks in our group have already gotten their car serviced there.

I will definitely get my 22500 km service done at this service center and post a review.

Location link
Old 18th January 2024, 14:10   #27

This is a great initiative. With Tata already ruling the EV market, it will ensure their shares don't take huge hit with new competitions entering every year

Really liked the neat layout for fast charging. Regular showrooms would have only 1 slot, creating long waits
Old 4th March 2024, 21:49   #28
BHPian

A pleasant and refreshing service experience at Tata.EV service center

Quote:
I will definitely get my 22500 km service done at this service center and post a review.
As mentioned earlier that I will get my 22,500 service done at the dedicated EV service center. So here it goes

Prologue: My car is about to get an year old in another 2 days. I have covered 22,500+ kms in an year. My first three service were done for at Multitech Motors, Faridabad, the service center caters for both EV and ICE vehicles. This service center is overloaded with vehicles like all other Tata service centers. So when the Tata.EV store + service center opened I had decided to get my next service done there.

Service booking process: Tata provides "EV TMSC" app for all your service needs. I tried booking my appointment using the app but the dedicated EV service centre doesn't show up on the app as of yet. So I called the service center and they helped me in scheduling the service for Monday - 10:00 AM.

Service Experience:

I got late leaving from home so I reached the service center at 11 AM. Parked the car in the waiting area and walked up to the reception

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.481.jpeg

I was greeted by the receptionist on entry and guided to my service advisor - Amit. The reception was refreshingly designed with ample sitting spaces.

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.48.jpeg

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.473.jpeg

As the service was a minor service (I really feel Tata should do away with these services), there was not much to do other than normal checks. There was one noise coming from the left front of the car so I asked them to check the same.

After the job card was opened, the car was moved to the mechanical bay (one of the 9 lifts available) for service

View of the workshop standing at the entrance.
A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.474.jpeg

Car being checked
A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-20240304_113059collage.jpg

After the checks were completed, the root cause of left side noise was identified to faulty B mount. As the part was not available, it was ordered. After that the car was moved to washing area in the back. They have an automated wash facility.

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.34.jpeg

Overall experience:
The experience was refreshing and a much needed change. The differences I found from ICE+EV combined service centers are as follows
1. The staff seemed knowledgeable about EVs as they work on EVs day in day out.
2. No overburdened staff. Number of EVs sold are not high yet so work load is not out of the roof
3. No exhaust fumes filling up the enclosed workshop
4. Overall workshop is cleaner as there are no major oil changes happening. EVs only have transmission oil changes.
5. Service Manager - Mr. Arvind also came up to me just for a general chat and inquired for feedback on the overall experience.

Summary: End to End EV ecosystem is what is needed today to elevate EV ownership experience to the next level. As Tata has the numbers, Tata should open these dedicated EV showrooms + service centers in all major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata.

Some pics of services that I didn't use

Bodyshop area

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.442.jpeg

Wheel alignment and balancing machine

A Close Look | Tata Motors Electric Cars Showroom-whatsapp-image-20240304-18.53.471.jpeg

Last edited by ferrarirules : 4th March 2024 at 21:51.
ferrarirules is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 11:58   #29
BHPian

> 3. No exhaust fumes filling up the enclosed workshop
> 4. Overall workshop is cleaner as there are no major oil changes happening. EVs only have transmission oil changes.

Never thought of EVs in this way, but this alone is a major improvement for service professionals.

This is a great initiative by Tata to separate the EV experience!
shobhit.shri is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 13:10   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
That is indeed great news. Thanks a ton for the info and the pics you shared ferrarirules. If Tata can offer a differentiated experience for its EV user Base in Sales and Services experience, I am sure they will connect better with prospects. I would love to have such a Showroom in Bangalore hopefully in the Near Future.
Let me add to this, I recently visited Tata Motors - Kropex Auto ( Singasandra/ Hosa Road) in Bangalore. To my surprise, there was an exclusive EV car showroom and service center being built right next to the existing Kropex Auto dealership. I spoke to the sales executive, he was excited to share that the work is happening fast and he really would be happy to be a early part of the upcoming EV showroom. As I could see, the construction was going at a good pace, but unsure of how long it will take. The next time I visit, will try to add some images.
Dreammanualcars is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks