Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2023, 13:59   #1
BHPian

Gensol EV to be launched in March 2024

Gensol EV is unboxing soon in March 2024. Gensol is the same group that backs Blusmart. They have released a teaser of the car, the car seems similar to MG Comet in terms of size.

Some of the features mentioned and visible in the teaser.

1. Range - 200 KM
2. Top speed - 80 kmph
3. Floating touch screen based infotainment
4. Sunroof

They will have an easy captive market as Blusmart can be a default customer

Teaser -
ferrarirules is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 16:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gensol EV to be launched in March 2024

This is the car Bangalore needs. The biggest problem with 2 wheelers(EV or ICE) as an office commute here in Bangalore is from May- Nov almost 2-3 days in a week it starts raining at 4pm.

This car protects us from rain, dust and pollution compared to any 2W. Cheaper for office commute, could be more comfortable than any 2W on those pot holed roads.

Wish they sell for less than 5lakhs, don't need sunroof and large display, just reduce price.
SKC-auto is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 19:05   #3
BHPian

This one seems to have 4 wheels which is a good sign. Earlier pics and news suggested Gensol EV will have three wheels only and will be a reverse trike design. Historically, reverse trike designs for cars have never been successful as far as I am aware.

+1 to low price expectation - wish some car manufacture could just provide basics and price base model at under 5 Lacs - that may make it a worthy replacement for 2 wheelers whoever wishes to go that route. Car will be very maneuverable like a 2 wheeler because of small foot print and 2 doors only.

No need for Sunroof, big screen etc. (as design and assembly line for these features may increase price of manufacturing for base model also)
MaanSingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 21:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
This one seems to have 4 wheels which is a good sign. Earlier pics and news suggested Gensol EV will have three wheels only and will be a reverse trike design. Historically, reverse trike designs for cars have never been successful as far as I am aware.
The shadow on the floor makes me think its still a trike. Or maybe its my mind playing tricks
Attached Images

ashutoshb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 12:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The shadow on the floor makes me think its still a trike. Or maybe its my mind playing tricks
If we look at the teaser video, top view (or kind of helicopter view) shows rear is almost as wide as front - which suggests it may be a 4 wheeler.
Otherwise there will be a lot of empty space at rear with just one wheel - which will look really weird.

By the way, I have invested in Gensol and will be quite happy to be proven wrong if it can pull it off even with Reverse trike design :-)

Except for Gensol's own Blusmart sales, I have a feeling our market won't like reverse trike design and it might fail.
MaanSingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 21:23   #6
BHPian

I have just got an enlightenment that all the micro cars with proper body panels and a monovolume or two box shape need same production line equipment as an entry level car - Alto.
Also the underbody components and suspension parts are more or less same due to the payload it needs to carry.
Only difference is size of panels, that may cause some weight saving but the cost of manufacturing a micro car and an entry level car - read Alto - is almost same.

On the other hand the now discontinued Alto 800 had a nearly 30 year old engine which translates to R&D costs being almost zero.

That is why manufacturers refrain from producing microcars with two doors when at the same cost a four door entry car can be manufactured. And they rest assured that it will sell.

I suggest a covered four wheeler with a motor cycle frame will bring down the costs.
Gensol EV to be launched in March 2024-images.jpeg
Old 7th January 2024, 17:46   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Gensol EV spotted testing for the first time – 3W EV will pack ADAS, auto park.

Quote:
Considering Gensol EV spotted testing has three wheels, it might be sold as a motor tricycle and may require just a motorcycle license.
Gensol EV to be launched in March 2024-gdoperobiaacuy9.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th January 2024 at 17:47.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 13:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Three wheels? There goes a large chunk of their prospective buyers, looking for a conventional four wheel EV.
ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 14:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Gensol EV spotted testing for the first time – 3W EV will pack ADAS, auto park.

Attachment 2555401

Link:
Why oh why did they bother to make it tricycle? All I have in my mind are the rolling Reliants in Top gear and Mr.Bean. Ofcourse, if they are stable in real life, no complaints. Or like mentioned in the article this maybe aimed at people who only have a 2W license.

Btw, no one asked for ADAS or auto park. And please don't use the tech as an excuse for high prices. Launch it around 5 lakhs and IMO, this would create a mini revolution in the market.

Mahindra. Where is the Atom?
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 18:50   #10
BHPian

3 wheels ! This is going to be dead on arrival like PMV Eas-E Electric Car.

Here if you are launching a "car" it needs to have 4 wheels, 4 doors and 4 seats (at least) to have a chance and it has ot look like a mainstream car; not a cartoon or toy.
Old 10th January 2024, 21:17   #11
BHPian

This is basically my reaction as a person who thought that this would be India's own electric Kei car.

Gensol EV to be launched in March 2024-images-1.jpeg
Nikhildrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 22:54   #12
BHPian

There's a world of difference between the dynamics in having a single front wheel vs having a single rear wheel. The single rear wheel simplifies the drive-train, while the double front wheels offer car-like dynamics. For an EV, minimising drivetrain loss is essential, and the single rear wheel means no power loss like you get from a trans-axle or differential. Plus, RWD fun. The front wheels only have steering, meaning less frictional losses. Some of the best 3 wheeled vehicles, like the Polaris Slingshot, the Morgan and the Yamaha Niken have a similar design.

I'm not writing this off just yet. It's interesting, in a world of normal looking EVs.
vivekgk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 01:07   #13
BHPian

Ya,

In theory, it should be lot safer than a two wheeler. At least you can't fall off. Plus protection due to a cabin. I think this vehicle should be seen as replacement for a two wheeler.

I think it should be fun around 3 lacs to 4 lacs depending on accesories. HVAC should be offered in all variants. A small, lightweight and affordable ev with fast dc charging. I wonder if they have good service support. Because this would be deal breaker
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:23   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

The Gensol EV shows its true profile and size disappointing many who had high expectations.

Quote:
it is claimed to have 200km range, 80kmph top speed, two seats

Gensol EV to be launched in March 2024-gegkdvtbwaardsi.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2024 at 19:41.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 11:09   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Gensol Electric Vehicles gets ARAI certification for its electric vehicle.

The electric car will be manufactured at Chakan, with an annual production capacity of 30,000 cars.

It will have a moonroof, ample boot space, in-cabin driver assistance technology, a comprehensive technology stack, AI-driven cloud analytics, the press release noted.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th February 2024 at 11:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks