Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2023, 13:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

MG Comet EV & ZS EV offered with discounts of up to Rs 1 lakh

MG Motor India has announced end-of-year benefits on its pure electric offerings. Discounts range from up to Rs 65,000 to Rs 1 lakh, depending on the model.

MG Comet EV & ZS EV offered with discounts of up to Rs 1 lakh-2023mgcometev02.jpg

The MG Comet EV is available with benefits of up to Rs 65,000. These include a cash discount, exchange bonus, corporate discount and other benefits.

The Comet EV is the brand's smaller electric offering. It uses a 17.3 kWh battery pack that powers an electric motor that makes 41 BHP and 110 Nm. It has a maximum range of 230 km.

MG Comet EV & ZS EV offered with discounts of up to Rs 1 lakh-2022mgzsev10.jpg

MG is also offering attractive discounts on the ZS EV. The electric version of the MG Astor comes with benefits of up to Rs 1 lakh, which includes an exchange bonus of Rs 1 lakh.

The MG ZS EV is powered by a 50.3 kWh battery and an electric motor with an output of 174 BHP and 353 Nm. The battery is said to offer a maximum range of 461 km on a single charge.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 9th December 2023 at 13:25.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 23:05   #2
BHPian

Re: MG Comet EV & ZS EV offered with discounts of up to Rs 1 lakh

Is this discount over and above the offer they were having last month where complete road tax and insurance was waived off (atleast for MG comet)?

Pinged the service advisor yesterday about any ongoing offers in Hyderabad, but he didn't reply back.
Old 9th December 2023, 23:58   #3
BHPian

Seems MG is losing its mojo in ev space. Comet has not taken off for them .
Old 10th December 2023, 00:10   #4
BHPian

Can someone confirm if this is over and above the already slashed prices? My dealer says it's for specific variant and for exchange vehicle bonus and so on.

I'm in the middle of the purchase (downpayment done for MG ZS EV Exclusive Pro) and I literally had to haggle so much for a 40k off and this news is both positive and negative for me.

Positive: It's good there's an official discount.

Negative: Dealer resisted hard and never mentioned about this festive discount and continues to quote the so-called anniversary discounts (the slashed prices since months)
vs old prices as discounts and now I feel like they just tried to sell at full price and there's def. scope for more but I'm disappointed they created a mirage of "getting approval" for the additional discounts which are not really additional anyway -- Unnecessary back and forth calls for no reason for something that was already there.
Old 10th December 2023, 06:45   #5
BHPian

Here is the breakup of the discounts:

MG ZS EV - Upto Rs 50K Cash (Excite) + Rs 50K Exchange + Corporate + Loyalty. Zs Exclusive Price slashed by Rs 2.2 Lakh, a couple of months back.

MG Comet - 1st Year Insurance FREE + Rs 20K Loyalty + Rs 5000 Corporate
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 13:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Here is the breakup of the discounts:

MG ZS EV - Upto Rs 50K Cash (Excite) + Rs 50K Exchange + Corporate + Loyalty. Zs Exclusive Price slashed by Rs 2.2 Lakh, a couple of months back.

MG Comet - 1st Year Insurance FREE + Rs 20K Loyalty + Rs 5000 Corporate
I spoke with one dealer who says there's flat 1L discount on ZS EV Excite variant + exchange bonus.

Exclusive and Exclusive Pros get 25k cash or accessories discount (up to customer) + there's scope for more discounts (another 20k from the sound of it), this is excluding exchange bonus, corporate, and loyalty discounts one can further negotiate.

Edit: This is over and above the slashed prices which they still quote it as normal price.

Last edited by Smartomotive : 10th December 2023 at 13:56.
Old 10th December 2023, 14:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelRP View Post
Seems MG is losing its mojo in ev space. Comet has not taken off for them .
Drive it to understand it. MG dealers offer its prospective customers the Comet and ZsEV for 3 days - use it, return it, no questions asked. But am sure, at least my case, after using the Comet for 3 days, I bit the bullet! It ticked all my 'needs'
Old 11th December 2023, 03:42   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Drive it to understand it. MG dealers offer its prospective customers the Comet and ZsEV for 3 days - use it, return it, no questions asked. But am sure, at least my case, after using the Comet for 3 days, I bit the bullet! It ticked all my 'needs'
Same for me, was offered the comet to keep and drive/use however I like for 3 days. The Test Drive didn't make as big of a impact as keeping and using it for 3 days.
Booked it right away on day 3, specially due to the hefty offers on Diwali (onroad 9.3L for plush).
Unfortunately the EV subsidy in UP ended a month back, else with the 1L subsidy, it would have costed me 8.3L~~
Old 11th December 2023, 04:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
I spoke with one dealer who says there's flat 1L discount on ZS EV Excite variant + exchange bonus.

Exclusive and Exclusive Pros get 25k cash or accessories discount (up to customer) + there's scope for more discounts (another 20k from the sound of it), this is excluding exchange bonus, corporate, and loyalty discounts one can further negotiate.

Edit: This is over and above the slashed prices which they still quote it as normal price.
These are the official schemes, dealer end discounts may be even higher. Even with the Jimny, official discounts are still 2 lakh/ 1 1 lakh but when including dealer-end discounts, it goes all the way to 3.25 lakh.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 06:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
These are the official schemes, dealer end discounts may be even higher. Even with the Jimny, official discounts are still 2 lakh/ 1 1 lakh but when including dealer-end discounts, it goes all the way to 3.25 lakh.
So the max I've squeezed on the pro variant is 40k cash + footstep (18k), this is pre-festive discount news. Dealer says that is it and there's nothing more, all ads/news is for excite variant and not much on exclusive/pro.

Wonder if someone actively negotiating can disclose what's the latest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks