Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2023, 15:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai delivers 1,100th Ioniq 5 EV to Shah Rukh Khan

Hyundai has handed over the keys to the 1,100th unit of the Ioniq 5 to Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, to commemorate his 25-year association with the brand.

Hyundai delivers 1,100th Ioniq 5 EV to Shah Rukh Khan-shah_rukh_khan_hyundai_ioniq_5_ac9743f65f.jpg

The partnership between Hyundai and Shah Rukh Khan has been one of the longest in the industry. The carmaker decided to celebrate this long-standing relationship with the superstar by presenting him with the Ioniq 5, which also happens to be SRK’s first electric car.

The Ioniq 5 was launched at Auto Expo 2023. It is sold alongside the Kona Electric. The Ioniq 5 is based on the E-GMP platform that is shared with the Kia EV6. It is powered by a 72.6 kWh battery pack offering an ARAI-certified range of 631 km on a single charge. The car comes with a rear-mounted electric motor that makes 216 BHP and 350 Nm. It also supports 800V fast charging, which can charge the battery from 10-80% in 18 minutes.

“I am honoured to receive the all-electric SUV Hyundai IONIQ 5. This is my first ever EV and I am glad it is a Hyundai,” Shah Rukh Khan said after receiving the keys to the Ioniq 5. “The year 2023 has been truly remarkable for Hyundai as well as for me. The love we have mutually received from the people of India is our driving force in the industry. IONIQ 5 is a delight to look at with its unique design and exceptional features. It is unbelievable that this EV marvel by Hyundai has surpassed its expectations and sold over 1000 units this year,” he added.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th December 2023 at 15:54.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 16:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai delivers 1,100th Ioniq 5 EV to Shah Rukh Khan

So King Khan has also got possession of an EV. The brand is Hyundai though his "blue eyed" car brand since the late 1990's (Santro years). But it is doubtful if the star even owned the Sonata, once the brand's premium offering.

Hence, whether this Ioniq ownership is symbolic for promotional purpose or real, only time will tell. Maybe, HMIL aims at reaching the 2000 mark for its Ioniq much sooner piggyback riding on King Khan.

King Khan owned a red and white (two tone) Pajero about two plus decades ago. The shift was to BMW's, then recently Mercedes' (Maybach if I am not wrong) and lately a Rolls Royce.

We also reminisce the Bachchan family posing in a Maruti Versa TV advertisement sometime post its launch in 2001, having their relaxing moments. The Big B also endorsed Versa during its launch. But that must have been his first and last rendezvous with a Versa. He was into luxury brands, most likely since more than three decades.

The Versa Launch

Or again sometime in 2011, Big B promoted the Force One

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th December 2023 at 17:07.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 08:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai delivers 1,100th Ioniq 5 EV to Shah Rukh Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
So King Khan has also got possession of an EV. The brand is Hyundai though his "blue eyed" car brand since the late 1990's (Santro years). But it is doubtful if the star even owned the Sonata, once the brand's premium offering.

Hence, whether this Ioniq ownership is symbolic for promotional purpose or real, only time will tell. Maybe, HMIL aims at reaching the 2000 mark for its Ioniq much sooner piggyback riding on King Khan.

King Khan owned a red and white (two tone) Pajero about two plus decades ago. The shift was to BMW's, then recently Mercedes' (Maybach if I am not wrong) and lately a Rolls Royce.

We also reminisce the Bachchan family posing in a Maruti Versa TV advertisement sometime post its launch in 2001, having their relaxing moments. The Big B also endorsed Versa during its launch. But that must have been his first and last rendezvous with a Versa. He was into luxury brands, most likely since more than three decades.

The Versa Launch

Or again sometime in 2011, Big B promoted the Force One
I am sure any star worth the mention would want to be associated with a car like the Ioniq 5 than a Force Motors One. It is one of the most eye catching designs on the road. Dare I say that Hyundai's bold sedan parlays of 2023 are also quite eye catching based on personal evidence, whether the person ultimately likes the design or not.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks