Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2024, 09:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
This is where the Currv will sit, not Harrier. @antz.bin is quite right in his calculation in my opinion.

The Harrier will be priced lower than Atto3 definitely, considering how tata has been pricing their cars (although I do think punch.ev isn't priced well).

They'll want to capture the very lucrative 25-40L segment with their higher end cars.

On the other hand, what could play spoilsport is the EV GST increasing for higher battery capacity/SUV. I expect this to happen anytime next year/budget. Expecting the 5% inflection point to hit by end of this year. FAME 2 future will be a big determinant of that.
I think the MG Astor on which the ZS EV is based on is in the same segment as the Harrier. So I expect the prices to be lower than that as the ZS EV is a CKD.

I think they will sell a lot of cars if it is in the same price range as the ZS EV and it could also sound the death knell for the ZS EV which is barely selling as it is.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Harrier EV Concept to be presented at the Bharat Mobility Expo.

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-screenshot-20240131-191500.png

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Cars has showcased the all-wheel drive Harrier EV at the Bharat Mobility.

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-20240201_120554.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics of the Harrier EV:

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo20242.jpg

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo20241.jpg

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo2024_.jpg

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo20244.jpg

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo20247.jpg

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo20245.jpg

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-tataharrierevbharatmobilityglobalexpo20246.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Unlike recent Tata launches, this Harrier EV has the bling quotient really turned down. At the rate they were going I was expecting disco lights on the hood!
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Any idea when Harrier EV will be launched? I asked at the showroom in Pune but they had no idea.
Old 1st February 2024, 19:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is it only me or does the battery from this angle look too low? I thought Harrier.ev was supposed to be based on Gen 2 (Acti.ev) architecture.

The same can be seen from the walkthrough video by Jagran HiTech:

Last edited by newenergy : 1st February 2024 at 19:59. Reason: Added walkthrough video
newenergy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:39   #23
BHPian

Is this really the production version? I though atci.ev platform has charging ports in front of the car. Also, the punch.ev's battery pack, which sticking below the car, has tapered edges unlike this cars squared edges that looks ungainly.
Old 2nd February 2024, 12:05   #24
BHPian

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-bottom.jpg

Yes, I can see this very crude looking thing hanging below the car. Looks like the concept model was rushed. May be they are yet to decide on how to and where to place that battery pack.
ottocycle is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 14:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntPaul View Post
Is this really the production version?
The press release from Tata christens it as the Harrier.ev concept. While more “true to production form” than the previous concepts shown at prior Auto expos, this is still a concept.

Quote:
Also, the punch.ev's battery pack, which sticking below the car, has tapered edges unlike this cars squared edges that looks ungainly.
The battery thingy is probably a placeholder and it can’t move under its own power. I maybe wrong about the propulsion part though.

Quote:
I thought atci.ev platform has charging ports in front of the car.
It’s not a hard and fast rule mentioned anywhere in the acti.ev presentation.

We must examine three points here :

1. Why does Nexon/tiago/tigor have visible HV cabling

2. How does punch eliminate this cabling

3. Why it’s not necessary for the people other acti.ev vehicles to follow suite set by punch.ev

So for (1), the reason is that the BMS, PDU and OBC are all located up from under the hood in all Tata ev’s (including punch)

Since the cars were direct ICE conversion, the HV cabling from charger port first goes to OBC/BMS then to the battery. Thus cables move along the wheelbase of the ziptron EVs.

For (2), punch eliminated the cables by moving charge port up front by use of different bumper assembly from existing punch. Such wasn’t the case with ziptron EVs, which use same body panels as ICE models. Only at marriage stage the production splits. In the case of port being up front, there is direct cabling from the port to BMS and OBC which are still under the hood in punch.

For (3) Tata revealed one more thing about acti.ev, regarding support for RWD, FWD and AWD on this platform. Should they make the choice to keep rear charging port on the harrier/safari/curvv, they can simply move the BMS/PDU/OBC 3in1 unit to the boot along with motor to provide RWD and open up massive frunk up front and still avoid dangling cables.

You see, cables are exposed only when the BMS and port are in different parts of the vehicle.

You can eliminate this either by moving both to front (punch) or both to rear (what I assume harrier/safari/curvv to do, I am still not confirmed — but it would make sense to place the 3in1 near the motor and the port near both of them which in case of the bigger ev’s maybe the rear)
Shresth_EV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 17:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors to launch Harrier EV in FY2025

Tata Motors is set to expand its EV product line up with new electric SUVs, the first of which will be the Curvv EV, likely to go on sale this festive season. The carmaker has now confirmed that the electric version of the Harrier will also be launched during the current fiscal.

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-20240611023615_tata_harrier_ev.jpg

The Harrier EV will be based on a heavily re-engineered Omega platform and use the brand’s acti.ev architecture. While the exact details of the battery and electric motor have not been released, Tata has confirmed that it will have vehicle-to-load (V2L) and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) capabilities.

Rumours suggest that the Harrier EV might feature dual electric motors, giving it all-wheel drive capabilities. The electric SUV could be powered by a 60 kWh battery pack offering a range of around 500 km on a single charge.

The Harrier EV will sport a similar exterior look to the ICE version. That being said, it could get a unique front fascia with a blanked-out grille. Inside, the electric SUV is expected to get a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, and a rotary drive mode selector.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th June 2024 at 17:39.
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 13:09   #27
BHPian

Two months ago, I found the test mule parked near Banneraghatta junction in Bangalore. Wearing a black and gray camouflage, it appeared no different from the regular Harrier, except for a lack of tailpipes. I stopped to peek at it and get a glimpse of the interiors, but I chose not to shoot the photographs as many abound on the internet already.

I hope and pray the Harrier EV will be able to travel a minimum of 400 km on a single charge.

PS: I'm curious about why the test mule was in Bangalore. Aren't Tata cars tested in and around Pune? This is the first time I've seen a Tata test mule in this part of the country, hence my curiosity.
Old 12th June 2024, 15:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov.R View Post
PS: I'm curious about why the test mule was in Bangalore. Aren't Tata cars tested in and around Pune?
TCS, Harman offices here, may be ? I have seen a camouflaged Harrier/Safari on Kanakapura Road
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 12:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier EV dual-motor AWD variant spied

The dual-motor AWD version of the upcoming Tata Harrier EV has spied testing.

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-20240619100515_harrier_ev.jpg

At first glance, the camouflaged test mule looks like a standard Tata Harrier. The SUV has a familiar shape with an upright front fascia and a prominent shoulder line. The pure-electric version though is expected to get minor cosmetic tweaks including a blanked-out grille and bespoke alloy wheels.

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-20240619094343_harrier_ev-1.jpg

Interestingly, this prototype is equipped with an electric motor on the rear axle, which suggests that the Harrier EV will come in an all-wheel drive configuration, with a second electric motor powering the front axle.

Tata Harrier EV caught testing; interior spied-20240619100521_harrier_ev-_2_.jpg

Tata Motors has been tight-lipped about the exact specifications though. We can expect the Harrier EV to use a 60 kWh battery pack offering a range of around 500 km on a single charge. It will also have Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) and Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) charging capabilities.

The Tata Harrier EV will be launched in India this fiscal year. It will compete with the Mahindra XUV.e8.

Source: Cardekho

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 12:51   #30
BHPian

60kw will never take such a big car 500kms. Real world will be at most 300-350kms.
nidhikapoor is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed