Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2023, 14:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz EQE SUV Review

Quote:
Rear-wheel steering would completely transform the handling of the car.
For the worse. Rear wheel steering by Mercedes isn't as well calibrated as the throttle. It's vague and unpredictable. Our Indian road environment is already very unpredictable making this unnecessary. Now once they dial down the steering just like their throttle, that would be a very different story altogether.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2024 at 17:41. Reason: Spacing.
Old 30th September 2023, 16:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Great review Omkar, the pics do not do justice to the location

Some points to note:

It costs the wrong side of Rs 1.4 cr. Comparatively speaking, one gets a GLE400 for Rs 1.1Cr (if I am correct), that hyper screen is a $8000 option, call it $10000 landed here or Rs 800000. This implies around Rs 20 L premium for going electric and the money one pays for ICE road tax is not passed back the the customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
I think two important points i.e., 10 years or 2.5l km battery warranty (first in the market), and a service interval of 30,000kms or 2 years can be a major differentiation in terms of overall cost of ownership. GLE and GLS are pretty expensive to maintain and require service after 15,000 km. I wonder what will be the service cost of EQS within the span of 2 years.
I guess the what is lost in service is gained by subscriptions , faster wearing tyres and brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Is this like the Bounce mode that I see in those funny YouTube shorts? How quick or slow is the raising and lowering by an inch?
This did not come with the bouncing option. The suspension raise was imperceptible. I remember running a Citroen where the front would shoot up followed by the rear. When I lowered the EQE, one could hear a hiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Medic View Post
For the worse. Rear wheel steering by Mercedes isn't as well calibrated as the throttle.
That was my input. Although different cars, I found the EQS very responsive in terms of steering input due to the 4 wheel steering . I do believe the rear wheels steer based on inputs from the steering wheel and speed, not so much the throttle
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 00:07   #18
BHPian

Amazing review. Felt like I am actually sitting in the car. The only thing missing was the new car smell I would choose the Mercedes' EQ range of vehicles over the BMW just because I just can't digest those massive BMW grilles. Once again. Thank you for the wonderful review!
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 17:30   #19

Hi all, my first post here on TeamBHP. Just bought a EQE SUV 500, and loving it till now.

Is there a fellow EQE SUV owner here on the forum? I had a couple of doubts regarding spare space saver tyre. The review notes that there is a space saver tyre included, but I did not get any. Just wanted to check is it's just me who did not get one :(. Also just wanted to check, what other accessories a buyer gets preloaded like luggage net, ash tray, perfume, etc.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th October 2024 at 17:40. Reason: Minor typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks