Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2024, 13:37   #316
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
My 2c - even I was considering a 400 over a 3XO but frankly I'd rather reinvest in an EV further down the line, and maybe this is something we all should contemplate. People have issues even parking next to EVs near my place in Delhi and the chain fires they can start are simply unstoppable. I'd have taken a 400 had it only used LiFePO.
Sir, we are talking about products being sold on a Global Level. Fires in EV are a rare sight. There is good Fail safes in place to prevent such tragedies. As far as wiring goes, such issues are prevalent in all brands. I am aware of Tata's ASC horror experience but their products are good. People take time finding a balance with their ASC but post that it is a smooth experience
suryaj1990 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 13:54   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryaj1990 View Post
Sir, we are talking about products being sold on a Global Level. Fires in EV are a rare sight. There is good Fail safes in place to prevent such tragedies. As far as wiring goes, such issues are prevalent in all brands. I am aware of Tata's ASC horror experience but their products are good. People take time finding a balance with their ASC but post that it is a smooth experience
I really hope Tata doesn't misstep by exporting their current crop of EVs internationally. They'll get paraded and their rep will probably never recover.

Fires in EVs are scary enough. No amount of water can quell them. Chain fires too! The fact that a vehicle can catch fire when parked is just scary! And then that our ambient are nuts (50C+ in Delhi, let alone on a cement road to Jaipur!) enough to make me really reconsider both petrol and EVs in the same breath.

Acknowledging that Tata has major harness issues just adds to the paranoia. The cherry on the cake is that they often just reset the software and give the vehicle back without actual fixes. I faced this on my punch (petrol) and I've read about it aplenty on TBHP.

A lot of YouTube channels speak about the average man's Tata woes. They're significant when compared to the fraction that make it to TBHP.

P.S. People are not happy with EVs parked near their regular ICE vehicles. If you're living on rent, chances are your landlord will flip if you park next to their vehicles. In cities where sockets are melting with simple 8A AC power draw, people do not appreciate the 30A and above. Anyway this discussion is probably not apt for the thread; perhaps on a general EV vs ICE thread.

Last edited by wooka : 4th June 2024 at 13:56.
wooka is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 13:06   #318

Dear All,

I just booked Empowered+ LR in Mumbai by paying Rs 21,000. Got a quote of 19.75L after discount etc. Any suggestions from recent owners if this price looks ok?
Old 17th June 2024, 06:40   #319
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod:

Venky03's post on his 1000km trip with his Nexon.EV MR has been moved to a new thread.

Link (1000km Trip with my Nexon.EV MR | Charging details...)

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-pxl_20231222_073359272.jpg
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 10:25   #320
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

We are considering the Nexon EV (Dark Edition - Top End - LR) to replace our 5+ year-old Brezza AMT. The test drives were delightful, and we liked the car. I was about to book it last weekend.

However, after reading various complaints from existing owners, we are feeling a bit nervous.

This will be our second car (we have a hybrid 7-seater as our primary vehicle). Our weekly commute is about 200-250 km. We are looking for a niggle-free, easy-on-the-pocket, city commute car with a smaller footprint.

If you are an existing Nexon EV customer, do you recommend this car for our requirements?

Last edited by sajanjohn : 15th July 2024 at 10:27.
Old 15th July 2024, 16:49   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
If you are an existing Nexon EV customer, do you recommend this car for our requirements?
Do you have hassle free home charging for the 3.2 KW charger? Then you should not face any EV issues with mainly city use. The fit and finish issues or other niggles experience will be based on what you are used to.

I have a Nexon Max, which has done ~17K in last 1.5 years, without any EV issues. Only issue faced is suspension noise for which they had to change some parts. The ASS has also not been bad, main difference I see is you have to book service 1 or 2 weeks in advance and they invariably take 2 days even for regular servicing.
wocanak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 17:38   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Do you have hassle free home charging for the 3.2 KW charger? Then you should not face any EV issues with mainly city use. The fit and finish issues or other niggles experience will be based on what you are used to.
We can arrange the 3.2KW charger without any issues, and we can plan for periodic services. Our concern is about the software and sensor glitches that some users have posted in this thread, and whether the service centre will be able to resolve them. So far, Maruti and Toyota have kept us happy, but my experience with Tata's Manza was average.

It's good to know you are having a relatively trouble-free ownership experience.
Old 16th July 2024, 09:16   #323
BHPian

Any tata ev may or may not be a hassle free ownership based on your luck and good fortune!

Please check out the mg comet as a city drive second car.

Easy to drive, good visibility, small footprint, nimble, decent service from mg motors.

Best wishes.
KeepItSimple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 10:25   #324
BHPian

Now with Currv EV undercutting Nexon and basically Punch selling more, am looking at picking a NexonEV that came to a dealer in April at a good discount. They are offering 1.5 lakhs as consumer offer for now, what more should I bargain for? Anyone got any good deals on Nexon EV now post Currv launch?
Old 11th August 2024, 09:58   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Now with Currv EV undercutting Nexon and basically Punch selling more, am looking at picking a NexonEV that came to a dealer in April at a good discount. They are offering 1.5 lakhs as consumer offer for now, what more should I bargain for? Anyone got any good deals on Nexon EV now post Currv launch?
As per one of sales executive in Pune showroom, they offer 1.8 lakh immediate discount on current price of Nexon. Nexon Empowered+ LR price Rs 2066442, after discount Rs 1866442 in Pune.
elevator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:37   #326
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the other thread, we have a VECU, BMS and IPC update for Nexon Prime. Details on the link (HV Critical Alert in Tata EVs)
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 19:23   #327
BHPian

Short trip from Mumbai to Lonavala

Short trip from Mumbai to Lonavala:

We own a Nexon EV 3.0 (MR version) since Dec-23 and have driven it for around 13k kms so far. We have been using the car within Mumbai city only. Last weekend, we got an opportunity to drive it outside Mumbai. Our destination was Fazlani Wellness resort (near Lonavala) which is around 130kms from our home in Goregaon. I was traveling with my wife and my 3 year old son.

I was anxious about taking our Nexon EV as I did not want my family to have any sort of bad experience due to my naivety in terms of planning charging stations etc. But then Lonavala is probably one of the easiest destination to plan due to its close proximity to Mumbai and relatively abundant public charging stations. I was further comforted by the fact that the resort had a slow charging facility so I never needed to worry about fast charging my car mid-way. The resort had 4-5 electric buggies which are used to ferry guests around the resort and they told me that I could use one of the 15A socket in their parking area to charge my car. I was charged Rs 500 (+ GST) for availing this service.

Home to Fazlani Resort:

Started from Goregaon at 9.30am with 100% charge. Covered a distance of 134kms over 3 hours and 46 minutes which included two toilet breaks in between. I reached the resort with 41% charge. So in effect, I consumed 59% battery for 134kms implying efficiency of 2.3kms per 1%. This included a short uphill drive during which the AC was shut off. I did not cross 80km/h speed during the entire journey.

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-hf1.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-hf2.jpg

Fazlani Resort to Home:

Started with 100% battery and reached home with 60% charge left with travel time of 3 hours and 32 minutes (incl. just one toilet break). So I consumed 40% battery for 135kms giving efficiency of 3.4km per 1%. I will highlight that AC was not used for around 30% of the journey. You will see in the chart below that regen helped in increasing the battery charge from 87% to 90% when going downhill (used Level 1 regen only).

Takeaway: I am now a bit more confident about taking Nexon EV for short drives outside Mumbai city. However, I still need to experience the entire process of fast charging the car.

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-fh1.jpg

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-fh2.jpg
Saanil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 19:40   #328
BHPian

We are finalizing Nexon EV Fearless LR for ₹15.3 lakhs OTR (+ ₹20k accessories free) for HR registration.
We have daily usage of around 40 km in jam packed intracity and occasional small 200km round trips. So not need a larger car like Curvv or ZS EV.
Anything to specifically look out for in the car.

Also requesting any BHPian to share the PDI checklist for the EV too.
Tanmay_868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 09:34   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
We are finalizing Nexon EV Fearless LR for ₹15.3 lakhs OTR (+ ₹20k accessories free) for HR registration.
We have daily usage of around 40 km in jam packed intracity and occasional small 200km round trips. So not need a larger car like Curvv or ZS EV.
Anything to specifically look out for in the car.

Also requesting any BHPian to share the PDI checklist for the EV too.
I think apart from the usual PDI checklist, there is not much to worry about. But be particular about ODO reading, Month of manufacturing and see if there is any sign of damage (strange paint job or patch work).

A question: Why did you not go for the Punch EV LR ?
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 09:42   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Cross posting from the other thread, we have a VECU, BMS and IPC update for Nexon Prime. Details on the link (HV Critical Alert in Tata EVs)
I finally did this update (Job no 960368 is what I remember). Few things I noticed after the update:

1. The auto hold is not as smooth as before.

2. While slow charging the time to full charge is not being shown now. In any case I think this time to charge as off so I guess they have stopped displaying it. The zconnect app does show the time.

3. Regen tuning is for the better is what I feel. But cannot say much about it.

Not sure internally what has changed. Better battery balancing ? Unless there is some bug in the internals that they have fixed, I would give this update a miss if the changes are only superficial as points 1 and 2 are a regression if you ask me. OEM's should have a changelog of what the update is about. Many of us are more knowledgeable about the internals than the SA so it would be better if TATA is open about what has changed.

Last edited by electric_eel : 17th September 2024 at 09:44. Reason: Fix job no
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks