Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2023, 15:38   #181
BHPian

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashvashist View Post
Tata motors have exceeded the expectations this time. What a car they have made this time. Everyone at my home and office just loves how it looks.
Yes, I also just love the looks of the updated Nexon.EV. Totally a changed car especially from exterior and the white color looks fantastic.

Enjoy your silent drive
Old 9th November 2023, 12:36   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
You are right @supertinu, but the segment I was going for was the sub-20L!

Though I think even the new Nexon top variant has breached that now. The only car which has been OK in this category for me to sit and also for my dad in the back seat has been the XUV300, but the boot space and really old interiors made me wait for the facelift which I'm hoping is happening soon.
We went for the XUV400 EV for exactly this reason - want an EV but Nexon ergonomics felt off, all the more for back seat passengers. The XUV400 overcomes the small boot issue of the XUV300. Only fomo was we missed out on ESP/TC but surprisingly so they are giving a free retrofit!

The Nexon series is unfortunately belonging to a smaller size category. Size, ergonomics, reliability of XUV400 and feature list & the look of Nexon would be a dream.

The perfect car doesnt exist.
Old 9th November 2023, 13:57   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
A lovely car, checked it out at the nearby Tata showroom.

My only issue - it's technically a 2-seater for tall people like me!

As you'll see in the picture this is me in the back seat after I've adjusted the driver's seat for my driving position. My height is 6 2" and I am on the heavy side..and there is almost no place for me :(
Thanks a lot for this valuable insight! And this is where - carmakers must ensure they have a thoughtfully made variant availability.

I am 6'3", most of my family members are 6 ft+. Yet - all of us can comfortably travel in the Nexon rear seat without any issues. Why? Mine doesn't have a sunroof.

Isn't there any suitable top-end trim option available, that doesn't have a sunroof but has the other bells and whistles that you need? That will solve your problem of the low hung roof liner. If you try a non-sunroof version, you will be alright I think.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 18:55   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I am 6'3", most of my family members are 6 ft+. Yet - all of us can comfortably travel in the Nexon rear seat without any issues. Why? Mine doesn't have a sunroof.
I think the sunroof is not the issue, the high floor is. I and my wife are about 173cm, son is about 180cm. The son's knees really stick up when he sits in the back. On the other hand, he's comfortable in the front, and for my wife and me, it's extremely comfortable in front and OK in back. (This is old Nexon EV Max, with sunroof, which we didn't really want but got it because it was readily available)
rsidd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 20:53   #185

Insurance for Nexon EV facelift

We are expecting our red Empowered LR to be delivered in a few days. The dealer quoted 75,000 for 1 year comprehensive and 3 year third party coverage. I felt that it was high and tried to get a quote from others. The few online sites that I visited don't have the facelift versions lifted. I would be thankful if owners can share info on where they took insurance from and the premium. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th November 2023, 21:09   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsrini View Post

We are expecting our red Empowered LR to be delivered in a few days. The dealer quoted 75,000 for 1 year comprehensive and 3 year third party coverage. I felt that it was high and tried to get a quote from others. The few online sites that I visited don't have the facelift versions lifted. I would be thankful if owners can share info on where they took insurance from and the premium. Thanks in advance.
The initial quote of 75k is too high. I got a more reasonable estimate of 47k from Tata AIG for the Empowered MR. Call their toll-free number, provide model details, and ask for quotation on email.
Venky03 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 02:59   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsrini View Post

Hi,
I got my insurance for the empowered plus LR from Acko for 43.7k. The plan covers;
A) 1 year Zero Dep
B) 3 years third party
C) Return to Invoice
D) Personal Accident Ins
E) Consumables
F) Extra Car Protect

I found it to be the most competitive amongst all other companies, the dealer tried to match it but could offer me at 60k.

Hope this helps.
Aerostellar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 09:54   #188
BHPian

Took delivery of our Nexon.EV Empowered MR this Diwali.

2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-pxl_20231114_07411604701.jpg

The grey color looks absolutely stunning with this new design, it looks stealthy now with no blue/white accents. The experience has been glitch-free so far and all features work as intended except ez-connect and arcade.ev. Dealer mentioned that it'll take 1 week to start working.

I delayed the booking process because MR variant was not available for display or test drive after launch and we did not find the LR variant comfortable enough to spend 20+ lacs on it, the ergonomics were just not right and everything felt cramped up. Ergonomics on the MR variant felt more "natural", there's no other way to put it. Will advice anyone interested in buying LR to take a long test ride first and then make your decision.
Venky03 is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 10:05   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post

The grey color looks absolutely stunning with this new design, it looks stealthy now with no blue/white accents. The experience has been glitch-free so far and all features work as intended except ez-connect and arcade.ev. Dealer mentioned that it'll take 1 week to start working.
Congrats for the new car and yes I agree the grey car looks really good (saw one at the service center which had come for its first service and could not take my eyes off it). The facelift versions are really good in styling and even the white (I like white cars) which is Meh in the EV Max version looks great in the new avatar.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 21:06   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post

Attachment 2532318
I see that your location is Mumbai. If possible, can you kindly share how much did you pay for insurance? Also, which dealer in Mumbai did you deal with?

I am in contact with Puneet Cars (Malad) and they have quoted insurance of Rs 83,634 for Fearless MR version.

Last edited by Saanil : 18th November 2023 at 21:07.
Old 19th November 2023, 01:21   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I see that your location is Mumbai. If possible, can you kindly share how much did you pay for insurance? Also, which dealer in Mumbai did you deal with?

I am in contact with Puneet Cars (Malad) and they have quoted insurance of Rs 83,634 for Fearless MR version.
Initial quote was 85k for comprehensive, later I got a quote of 47k from Tata AIG. Dealer reduced the comprehensive quote to 50k after I asked him to match the quote with Tata AIG.

Dealer name : Keshva Motors, Mulund
Venky03 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 07:10   #192
BHPian

Are there any issues with the new Nexon.EV concerning the charging gun? Received a WhatsApp forward as shown below from a rival dealer actually.
Name:  Screenshot 20231119 at 07.09.40.png
Views: 791
Size:  248.6 KB
This was present in the original Nexon EV, but it was resolved later right?
Old 19th November 2023, 11:34   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Are there any issues with the new Nexon.EV concerning the charging gun? Received a WhatsApp forward as shown below from a rival dealer actually.
Did not face any such issue with slow charging gun. Charging started in first attempt and the gun was locked in place.

Don't know about DC FC.
Old 20th November 2023, 06:53   #194
BHPian

Hi Everyone
Our Nexon.EV Empowered plus just finished a 2000km plus family trip across Maharashtra during the Diwali vacation.
We were 3 Adults and 3 kids and a baby on lap with fully loaded luggage compartment.
During our return journey we used Z connect app for trip analysis attached here.
2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_202311200611035.png
2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-screenshot_202311200611034.png
The car is full of software niggles at present.
But the ride experience and driving comfort make up for these issues. No forward gear changes means no jerks on acceleration which improve comfort for all passengers.
We drove around 150 km on Samruddhi Mahamarg in each direction.
We also visited Shegaon and Melghat Tiger reserve near MP border. Incidentally they have a working 7.2 kw fast charger in the Melghat Tiger reserve.
Here is our car charging at Mozari point near Chikhaldhara.
2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review-pxl_20231117_1547318112.jpg
Kids loved the tech in the car.
Charging breaks with chargers in nearby to restaurants had our baby and kids energized and happy. Breakfast, Lunch and evening tea or snacks each took 30 min more as the car got its juice from fast chargers.
Over all the one sided 750km trip took 90 more but saved around 75-80 % of fuel bills and caused no Air pollution.

Last edited by bhpindian : 20th November 2023 at 07:07. Reason: Incorrect value entered
bhpindian is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 09:41   #195

Does the EV have cruise control installed? Few days' back, I checked out XUV400 and it does not have one. Don't know about Nexon. I think for a better range control, cruising at any speed is essential. I think Mahindra missed a step by not giving one in XUV400.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks