Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 16:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

After Ford F-150, Tesla now trolls Toyota with Tundra pickup wrap on its Cybertruck

Tesla is scheduled to launch the much-awaited Cybertruck sometime by the end of September. The all-electric pickup truck from the brand has been spotted on multiple occasions ahead of its market arrival, usually undisguised and revealing its entire exterior design details.

After Ford F-150, Tesla now trolls Toyota with Tundra pickup wrap on its Cybertruck-teslafordwrap.jpg

However, off-late Tesla seems to have started trolling its competitors by wrapping the Cybertruck to look like pickup trucks from other brands. Last month, Tesla wrapped its Cybertruck with a Ford F-150 wrap, which was spotted on public roads in California, USA. Now, the carmaker has done it again but has picked a second competitor in the form of Toyota.

The latest images showcase the Tesla Cybertruck wrapped to look like a Toyota Tundra.

After Ford F-150, Tesla now trolls Toyota with Tundra pickup wrap on its Cybertruck-teslatoyotawrap.jpg

While the aim of the project is still not clear, reports claim that the wraps are just to troll its competitors. Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, has on a number of occasions mentioned how the design of pickup trucks "hasn't changed much in 30 years" - as a way of justifying the radical styling of the Cybertruck.

Tesla hardly covers its Cybertruck prototypes during testing with wraps or camouflage. However, they have been doing so recently. Reports also suggest that considering the Cybertruck will only be available in a stainless steel finish, Tesla could even be considering offering factory wraps for its pickup.

Source: Electrek

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 29th August 2023 at 16:56.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 18:09   #2
BHPian

Re: After Ford F-150, Tesla now trolls Toyota with Tundra pickup wrap on its Cybertruck

IMHO, these wrapped examples look much better than the original "design" of the cybertruck which otherwise looks like a poorly rendered sprite from a 90s video game.
ashwin1224 is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 00:56   #3
BHPian

Re: After Ford F-150, Tesla now trolls Toyota with Tundra pickup wrap on its Cybertruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
IMHO, these wrapped examples look much better than the original "design" of the cybertruck which otherwise looks like a poorly rendered sprite from a 90s video game.
+1 to that. I find this design too shocking to react, I would preserve my judgement till I see one in flesh though.

But as the owner of 3rd gen Tundra, I find these attempts at trolling - little confused. Not sure what the joke was, probably I am too old to understand the humor.
Abhi99 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 12:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Lol...Nice way of hiding the absurd design of a cybertruck with some wraps from still famous and fast-selling models from Toyota and Ford.
wheeledwanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 14:22   #5
BHPian

Seems like the first time we all saw the unvieling of the cyber truck quite a few ages ago. Its like nostalgia than waiting for it to come out. More like, You know once upon a time....
Old 30th August 2023, 14:50   #6
BHPian

This is such an eyesore. Ugly would be an understatement.
Old 30th August 2023, 16:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
But as the owner of 3rd gen Tundra, I find these attempts at trolling - little confused. Not sure what the joke was, probably I am too old to understand the humor.
You're not alone, I also can't see the humor in it. Feels like more marketing for Tundra/F150, or maybe we both are too old to understand.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 16:31   #8
Kln
BHPian

This is incredibly funny to me - Elon Musk, who has zero self awareness, is trying to gain internet brownie points from his bootlickers by wasting money on wrapping an unreleased and by all accounts NOT READY product.

What an infantile mind. Elon Musk is like that kid at the party that wants to attention of the cool kids, even if that means pissing his own pants.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 16:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

If... (just a wish)

I think the Cyber truck may be a completely different looking vehicle. It is one of those Elon Quirkiness in making a Pencil/Setsquare 5year old drawing a car rendering. I bet Elon was doing a 'Thak-Thak' diversion with the whole world.

Case in point, All S.3.X.Y models and the Semi truck have so many sensual curves needed for effective co-efficient of drag. And now imagine the power loss the the straight panels and sharp edges.

I bet (wish) he is going to draw out a UNO card during the official production launch and gives a different looking product.
Old 30th August 2023, 16:37   #10
BHPian

There is a huge die hard fan following for F-150 and Tundra. Nothing much changed in pick up truck design in last 100 years. Tesla need to do some magic to pull the die hard fans and the only way to do is to make their truck design purposefully look ugly and tell the world that the design has been finally changed by them in 100 years of pick up truck design. It is a bold strategy. We have to wait and see and only time tells if the strategy works.Ugly is beautiful may be the new human thinking. Human thinking is born out of this neurological defect in the human species. Anything that is born out of human thinking is destructive.

Last edited by Mystic : 30th August 2023 at 17:02.
Old 30th August 2023, 18:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
This is such an eyesore. Ugly would be an understatement.
Seriously! If I came to earth after 10 years living on another planet and someone showed me a pic of this and asked me if it were real. I'd be willing to be a big amount that this can't be real and is just a poor joke. Having said that anyone who is immensely successful can do anything quirky and it would still be accepted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks