Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 13:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volvo C40 Recharge Review

Personal opinion - One among the very few EVs that actually looks good, inside out. It looks like a car, than an appliance.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 13:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Would have been good if you had a photo of the boot with the tyre placed in it - would give readers a much better initial perspective on practicality.
There is a photo with the spare in the boot. Take a look again!

Also, funny that the "space saver" is actually "space waster" in this case!

I was actually looking forward to this car and while Zappo does make some valid points, I still think it misses out on the wow factor to be aspirational for folks willing to shell out that much money!
alok9345 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 15:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• 5-star NCAP rating, top-notch safety kit & level 3 ADAS to keep you safe
You have stated in the review that C40 comes with ADAS LEVEL 3. As per my knowledge, Volvo does not indicate the Level of ADAS it is offering. Therefore, please clarify whether Volvo has made an exception in this case and has expressly mentioned the level of ADAS offered in any documentation related to the car or the Level of ADAS mentioned by you is based on your perception taking into consideration the type of features provided.

As far as I know, Volvo last updated ADAS post 2021 after upgrading to Google Powered System and discontinuing the Diesel Range and accordingly all its cars since then come with the same ADAS level beginning from the XC40 going upto the XC90.

You are therefore requested to clarify whether the ADAS mentioned by you as being LEVEL 3 is an upgrade to the existing range of Volvos or it is only your perception. Thank you.
adasisthefuture is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 16:40   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adasisthefuture View Post
You have stated in the review that C40 comes with ADAS LEVEL 3. As per my knowledge, Volvo does not indicate the Level of ADAS it is offering. Therefore, please clarify whether Volvo has made an exception in this case and has expressly mentioned the level of ADAS offered in any documentation related to the car or the Level of ADAS mentioned by you is based on your perception taking into consideration the type of features provided.
From the product presentation:
Volvo C40 Recharge Review-dsc06616.jpg
Aditya is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:34   #20
BHPian

Ioniq 5 is way cheaper & has way higher features than C40. They are getting pricing all wrong!!
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 14:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
From the product presentation:
Attachment 2495992
Level 3 ADAS vehicles have “environmental detection” capabilities to make informed decisions when required.
In order to detect the environment it requires lot many sensors, radars, and lidars which this car does not have.
Also when the vehicle goes into L3 conditional automation mode, then the manufacturer is responsible for any accident and not the driver
I think this is just an advanced Level 2 ADAS system and not a Level 3 one.

Here is what a L3 from Mercedes looks like. Check timestamp 7:15 - 8:00

Last edited by 123.rishabh : 29th August 2023 at 14:58.
123.rishabh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Ioniq 5 is way cheaper & has way higher features than C40. They are getting pricing all wrong!!
Well, I do think the pricing is wrong, but not for this reason. You can make this case for say a Tucson/SantaFe and XC60 as well. Ofcourse the Koreans are giving the features that are aspirational, but there's always premium for luxury brands.

Plus the Ioniq price is introductory. Its the similar package as EV6 and actual pricing would be in same range.
alok9345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
Well, I do think the pricing is wrong, but not for this reason. You can make this case for say a Tucson/SantaFe and XC60 as well. Ofcourse the Koreans are giving the features that are aspirational, but there's always premium for luxury brands.

Plus the Ioniq price is introductory. Its the similar package as EV6 and actual pricing would be in same range.
No. I would respectfully disagree to some parts here. Yes, Koreans have provided aspirational features but coming from these Koreans, it does feel premium.

Secondly, Ioniq's "introductory" price point is done & dusted. Only available for first 500 customers. Now it's the real price (which incidentally still happens to be 1 Lac more than the introductory price). So, the actual price (of ioniq 5 atleast) in nowhere in the bracket of XC40, forget C40.

Thirdly, I feel EV6 is highly priced but then again, that's because it's a CBU. Ioniq is CKD.

And to think C40 is going to be CKD & still be so highly priced, don't think it evaluates too well, especially knowing that it has the absolutely the same set of features as that of it's older sibling XC40.

My POV.
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
No. I would respectfully disagree to some parts here. Yes, Koreans have provided aspirational features but coming from these Koreans, it does feel premium.

Secondly, Ioniq's "introductory" price point is done & dusted. Only available for first 500 customers. Now it's the real price (which incidentally still happens to be 1 Lac more than the introductory price). So, the actual price (of ioniq 5 atleast) in nowhere in the bracket of XC40, forget C40.

Thirdly, I feel EV6 is highly priced but then again, that's because it's a CBU. Ioniq is CKD.

And to think C40 is going to be CKD & still be so highly priced, don't think it evaluates too well, especially knowing that it has the absolutely the same set of features as that of it's older sibling XC40.

My POV.
Thanks. My limited point was Hyundai/Kia and Volvo don't fall in the same bucket. And while features are seemingly same in a lot of cars between mass and luxury producers, you're mostly paying for the brand value.
alok9345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 13:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo C40 Recharge launch tomorrow.

Volvo C40 Recharge Review-fb_img_1693728764863.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 16:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good review of a very smart-looking EV. Good that Volvo did not go with the trend of funky, funny, weird design languages most OEMs seem to associate with EVs.

Couldn't help but notice the uncanny resemblance to the Baleno's rear

Volvo C40 Recharge Review-balenoc40.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 20:56   #27
BHPian

So the Introductory price is ₹61,25,000/- Mixed feelings about the same, considering that it was clearly mentioned that these are introductory prices and they will go up after initial few bookings.
Old 4th September 2023, 21:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
So the Introductory price is ₹61,25,000/- Mixed feelings about the same, considering that it was clearly mentioned that these are introductory prices and they will go up after initial few bookings.
Agreed! Good looking car, decent features, highly priced.
Old 4th September 2023, 22:43   #29
BHPian

This should be a hit for Volvo India going by the fact that the XC40 recharge with its limited range is already 25% of their sales in India.

The new car comes with a roughly 24% increase in range (ARAI). That alone should justify the 5L increase in price.

We may see Volvo India becoming the first auto OEM in India to sell more majority EVs by the same time next year.

I hope they build out 150 KW chargers and push the market forward.
shyampsunder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 09:52   #30

Quote:

Volvo C40 Recharge Interior Images

Panoramic sunroof is fixed and does not get a cover. However, it comes with a dark glass, infrared coating and UV protection:
Thanks for the great review Aditya. Since the test was in Lonavala, the roof without cover wouldn’t have been as bad. Would this really work in the hot bright Indian summer?

Also, are the Pirelli tyres run flats? I am guessing, the space saver would rather stay home for people when there is luggage to carry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks