Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2024, 14:18   #91
BHPian

Re: Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I have a feeling this will be a hit if this is the size of the 7oo. If 3xo sized, then god save it.
The BE05 concept was introduced as a 4.3 m coupe SUV. It's not a sub-4m SUV. Besides, the XUV e8 is touted to be the 7OO's EV equivalent, with the e9 being the coupe derivative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3lby View Post
Hopefully it doesn't get too expensive.
Suppose the recent EV policy by the government continues ahead. In that case, Indian manufacturers will have to price their EVs pretty competitively considering that > $35000 (Rs 30L) segment will heat up with more products from international manufacturers.
GKR9900 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 14:49   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Spotted today in Bangalore, they were checking out 3rd party charging stuff I guess.
Spotted it again last Thursday, on test and with few folks with laptops at back and passenger fiddling with infotainment system at Brookfields Bangalore. Seems to be doing lot of software testing, might be Bosch folks.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 15:34   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Just hate this piller running down the middle makes the space unnecessarily busy and claustrophobic.
Not a family centric design. May be good design for a taxi.
They want to maybe mimic cockpit designs like in sportscars. So far from being good for taxi and more of a driver focussed theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil0812 View Post
Is it just me or does the dashboard and center console look heavily "inspired" by the C8 Corvette?
The Corvette has a proper cockpit design dashboard. This just wants to mimic it with a normal dashboard design and a useless bar/pillar piece creating the illusion of cockpit design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil0812 View Post
Is it just me or does the dashboard and center console look heavily "inspired" by the C8 Corvette?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Is this strap-like thing a door handle?
Mahindra normally goes crazy on door handle design. Pray that they don't go crazy here. Have seen these strap door hanbdles only on track focussed versions of exotic sportscars.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 17:51   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

The exterior looks good, but I think Mahindra has now taken its traditional quirky and weird design tendencies to the interior. The steering wheel looks really weird and I don't think it's ergonomical to operate, as it is more of a parabola and not balanced as compared to a traditional circular shape. I don't think it's going to be very natural to move the steering wheel around, especially in sharp curves, as the difference between the side to side dimension, and the top to bottom dimension seems quite large and this could result in misplaced hands as one tries to steer the vehicle hard. The large central separator is also an uncalled for weirdity, it makes the space more claustrophobic, and can actually be unsafe in the event of a sideways crash or roll over, if the driver or passenger is not wearing a seatbelt. And don't tell me the aircraft style parking brakes are back after their disastrous debut in the Harrier and subsequent withdrawal by Tata in the facelift!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 18:55   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Just hate this piller running down the middle makes the space unnecessarily busy and claustrophobic.
I think they were trying to go for something like this (Interior is from Pininfarnia Battista, Pininfarina is owned by Mahindra) It looks more raised on the Mahindra though. TOP:Pininfarina BOTTOM:Lotus Evija EV.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-20210812053308_pininfarina-battista-interior.jpg  

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-1280px2020_lotus_evija_interior.jpg  

Old 20th May 2024, 19:09   #96
BHPian

Staid vs quirky looks. Make things too outlandish and you risk losing mainstream folks. That’s the conundrum for auto makers. The punch looks staid but is raking in the moolah. The Nexon facelift had everybody including me drooling. But the numbers are going down. While staid Brezza is back in the reckoning. It only proves yet again that styling is very very subjective and is very different for the enthusiast vs the family man vs naughty bachelor boy! Also, features, safety, reliability, total cost of ownership etc have a far tighter hold on the Indian buyer than we think.
navinmra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 19:42   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Production-spec Mahindra BE.05 Interior spied.

Attachment 2607442
The dark dashboard design with limited space and unnecessary dividers feels claustrophobic. Even the AC vent design protrudes quite a bit.

I prefer minimalism and like the interior design of Ioniq 5. EVs are meant to create space since there are fewer parts and are supposed to give a roomy feel.

But then again design is subjective, some might like it, and some might loathe it.

Last edited by newenergy : 20th May 2024 at 19:44.
newenergy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 13:04   #98
BHPian

I LIKE these spy shots of the Mahindra BE.05! I'm excited to see the actual vehicle roll out soon. Very happy with what Mahindra is doing with the market!
CARSFASCINATEME is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 14:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not only it is ugly, it is a potential safety hazard. Better they put an airbag there.
Old 5th June 2024, 16:31   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

More pictures of the Mahindra BE.05 EV.

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe05leftfrontthreequarter2.jpeg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe05leftrearthreequarter3.jpeg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe05rightrearthreequarter0.jpeg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-mahindrabe05rightsideview1.jpeg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 17:50   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Attachment 2612862

Source
From this angle, it looks like the rear will have independent suspension which points to having it either RWD or AWD setup.
Old 5th June 2024, 20:40   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With those steelies and raised stance, it gives Dakar, rallying, madmax vibes and I am loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenergy View Post
From this angle, it looks like the rear will have independent suspension which points to having it either RWD or AWD setup.
Independent suspension alone won't mean it is RWD/AWD. The XUV700 has independent suspension on both FWD and AWD variants. Though all the BE. models on the Inglo platform are RWD/AWD.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 19:24   #103

Camouflaged Testing Car in Gurugram

Saw this today near Sector 18 in Gurugram.
Apologies for the blurry rear photo which was a result of poor camera focus.
I suspect it is a Tata Curvv.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-tata-front.jpg  

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-tata-side.jpg  

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-tata-back.jpg  

Old 14th June 2024, 15:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Production-spec Mahindra BE.05 Interior spied.

Attachment 2607442

Attachment 2607441
Was watching FullyChargedShow’s Peugeot e-3008 review and couldn’t help but notice the similarity in the interior (the weird slanting bar in centre console) and exterior silhouette

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_9895.jpeg

At least on the Peugeot, it does have some buttons which seem absent on the BE.05

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_9898.jpeg

Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_9899.jpeg

The stubby rear overhang and the spoiler also resembles the BE.05 quite a lot. Of course, the lights and greenhouse is different (it would be suspicious if it wasn’t) and that’s pretty much where the similarities end.

The only thing I hope the two do not share, is the price, at almost €48,000 for the e-3008

Last edited by Shresth_EV : 14th June 2024 at 15:11. Reason: Added cropped version of screenshots for better visibility
Shresth_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 13:52   #105
BHPian

Saw the test mule again in the Whitefield area. Of course it was after sunset so I could not take clear pics of the inside. But my observation is that it’s far bigger than a Nexon. Perhaps more in the Curvv category. Also, a build quality of the interiors were not great, though it had plenty of screen estate etc. Hope the production version is more refined. The steering wheel had an illuminated Mahindra infinity sort of logo - akin to what the Nexon facelift has.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra BE.05 electric SUV spied for the first time-img_2138.jpeg  

navinmra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks