re: Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open

Official video
ottocycle is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 11:08   #122
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Any idea if it has a gearstick for PRNDS modes instead of that horrible rotary dial? Deal breaker for. The only reason I have not purchased Tiago ev or Old Nexon Ev (available with heavy discounts).
No test mule was spotted with a smart shifter. All had the rotary dial, so I don't have high hopes there, considering this would be a sub-nexon car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstuck View Post
Does it mean that Alfa architecture, that Punch is based on, is flexible to have a pure electric power train.
Yes, according to , ALFA had the ability to support hybrids and electrics. Good reason to believe that ALFA was the starting point for Acti.ev.
v01d is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 12:13   #123
Senior - BHPian

Punch EV bookings and price reveal glitch.

Quote:
Customer booked Tata PunchEV Long Range Empowered+ with Sunroof (so top model with 3.3kW charger).

Although Tata hasn't revealed the prices yet, received a email showing Total price ₹16,13,729.
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-20240106_121035.jpg

Quote:
Another customer booked PunchEV LR Adventure without sunroof(with 3.3kW charger) got a email with cost of ₹13,73,846.
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-20240106_121052.jpg

Tata says Punch EV prices that were in emails were due to a system glitch.

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-smartselect_20240106121319_x.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th January 2024 at 12:18.
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 13:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
This seems about right considering it will sit between the Tiago EV and the Nexon EV.
HighOnSpeed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 13:09   #125
BANNED

Looks promising. Hope Tata also builds an exclusive service network for Punch through some professional outsourced agencies! I think the success of this car will play a major role in deciding the future of electric mobility in India. The days are not far when we can get an electric Swift and an electric Creta. Kudos Tata Motors

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2024 at 07:58. Reason: Extra dots, grammar, capital letters
Quiche_SK is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th January 2024, 15:12   #126
BHPian

I was looking forward for this launch. Particularly for tall or old people the ingress egress ergonomics was great. But styling wise it is a let down. I like the old one's styling.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 16:27   #127
BHPian

Any idea on booking and cancellation charges? I don't want to book with the dealer since I have had bad experiences in getting money back in case of cancellation. I'm worried it might be worse getting it for online booking.
astrodex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 18:21   #128
BHPian

The recent facelifts from Tata have come as a pleasant surprise as all the new designs look way better than what they had.

I used to ICE Petrol Punch's front fascia but this update (hopefully it comes to ICE model) has made it look so much more appealing.

Also thanks to Tata for democratizing the EV cars as an average buyer need not break their bank if they wish to get an EV with best in-class features.

Last edited by CafeRacer16 : 6th January 2024 at 18:24.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 19:03   #129
BHPian

I’m feeling bummed off. I bought the 1st gen Nexon EV Max dark edition just 6 months back and have seen the facelift and now the punch EV come out in quick succession. Talk about feeling outdated! But great to see Tata putting its weight behind the EV market. Makes me feel better about my decision to go EV. Feels strange to feel both good and bad at the same time 😀
navinmra is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 19:52   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
I’m feeling bummed off. I bought the 1st gen Nexon EV Max dark edition just 6 months back and have seen the facelift and now the punch EV come out in quick succession. Talk about feeling outdated! But great to see Tata putting its weight behind the EV market. Makes me feel better about my decision to go EV. Feels strange to feel both good and bad at the same time 😀
We better sit tight and wait. Tata is promising 5 cars on Activ.ev + Avinya (JLR based platform) by end of 2025. Everyone is going to get 'Outdated' feel.
sharathkamath04 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:52   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
We better sit tight and wait. Tata is promising 5 cars on Activ.ev + Avinya (JLR based platform) by end of 2025. Everyone is going to get 'Outdated' feel.
Lots of people are going to be feeling bummed off 😀. Surely a redeeming factor that I’m not going to be alone in this! But on a more serious note, I’ve already clocked 11.5k on my Nexon EV Max in just over 6 months. The last 2k was a road trip from Bangalore to Kanyakumari to Rameshwaram and back. Never struggled to find a charger during the entire trip. Heck there was a BPCL fast charger on the island of Rameshwaram, just a km from where we stayed! Amazing to see how far the country has come in such a short time.
navinmra is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 01:14   #132

Range rover(and some other big car brand) maintain the looks and visual hints in all their models from starting to top line models to make the cars identify with the brand first and then as individual models.

It seems like tata is trying to do the same thing with almost similar front grill and headlight looks from punch to safari. But to my (look-wise) very subjective eyes, it seems like they are falling miserably. Not only does people want distinction when it comes to 20+ lacs price bracket, tata is also failing to beautify the cars from outside front. The proportions are all over the place and that makes the design look very weird. It almost seems like headlights, DRL, and front bumper, all three were designed by three different people with zero inter-communication.

Ps.Hyundai is also facing the same problem in all their facelifts.
Pps. Looks are very subjective, and this is just my point of view. You might love the looks of punch and that's totally fine as well.
astro-wolf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 07:39   #133
BHPian

I like this iteration of EV from Tamo. I was always wondering why a Punch ev, what will it offer, which a Tiago/Tigor EV or a Nexon EV cannot offer. But this has been answered. From the looks of it, this is a much better implementation of EV. This is the first model which is coming with a frunk. All your cables and accessories can be nicely tucked away in it, leaving the boot clean and free. Maybe a small thing, but removes one of the irritant of EVs. Flat floors, nicer execution of 2 way charging, arcade suite, and maybe other EV specific changes will be a nice add on!

Last edited by Raghuwire : 7th January 2024 at 07:40.
Raghuwire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 10:29   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
Lots of people are going to be feeling bummed off 😀. Surely a redeeming factor that I’m not going to be alone in this! But on a more serious note, I’ve already clocked 11.5k on my Nexon EV Max in just over 6 months. The last 2k was a road trip from Bangalore to Kanyakumari to Rameshwaram and back. Never struggled to find a charger during the entire trip. Heck there was a BPCL fast charger on the island of Rameshwaram, just a km from where we stayed! Amazing to see how far the country has come in such a short time.
Cars in this sense are going the 'mobile phone' way. You get updates every year and facelift in less than 3 years. Max was costlier than Nev.LR, which had many more features.

Punch vs Nexon will be nice to see. Many bookings of Nexon.ev may shift to Punch.ev for newer architecture and features. But Punch never consumed demand for Nexon in the ICE variant. So maybe that will be the case with EVs too.
sharathkamath04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 13:38   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Tata says Punch EV prices that were in emails were due to a system glitch.
I feel 16.16L for empowered+ is going to be the actual price of Punch.ev. Tigor EV tops at 13.75L with much less features and it's on Gen 1 architecture and smaller battery(speculated 35kWh vs 26kWh). Those who are expecting the top variant to be priced at ~14.5L are going to be disappointed.
bronco is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks