Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2024, 14:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Punch EV launched and bookings open. Details of the Gen2 architecture provided as well
This looks really good, at least on paper. Expect it to sell like hot cake. Kudos to Tata motors for bringing state of art, feature packed EVs to the mass market.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:09   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Why, Tata!

Punch EV doesn't look as good as any of their latest launches. It looks like a hurriedly, badly folded carton box in the front.

I am expecting it to start from 10 lakhs ex showroom. Will be a nice choice right in between Tiago EV and nexon EV.

But then, anyone who wants to buy Punch EV, it's better to wait out 6 months to see if the product is niggle free.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th January 2024 at 14:14.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:59   #108
BHPian

Here is the video from Tata.ev explaining their new gen architecture. Looks promising.

bronco is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:09   #109
BHPian

Somehow the new gen design language of Tata does not look all that great on the Punch EV, atleast on the photos. I think it looks forced and not clean unlike the Harrier/Safari twins. The Punch EV will anyway be a smash hit and will eat into sales of the Tiago & Nexon. This will be the perfect city car. High GC, low running costs, automatic tranny, large wheels, tough build, brisk if not outright punchy drive. Compared to my Tiago EV, i would have liked the 6 airbags and ESC.

As with all new age Tata cars brimming with electronic & software features, a wait time of 6 months is highly recommended . Just look at the number of issues reported on the Harrier/Safari twins.
coldice4u is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:14   #110
BHPian

On the bookings page, there is a smart+ variant.
However they missed giving its details in the brochure and the website.
Old 5th January 2024, 15:46   #111
BHPian

Tata Punch.ev
The Punch.ev Standard(25kWh) and Long Range(35kWh) would reportedly be available in 5 colors:
Empowered Oxide, Seaweed, Fearless Red, Daytona Grey, Pristine White
(all dual tone)

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-gdeddj1xwaa66wm.jpeg

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-gdeddjwwmai4ci4.jpeg

Last edited by uditanshh : 5th January 2024 at 15:56.
uditanshh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:21   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

The only real problem with the Punch was the drivetrain. With that changed, this could one of the best small cars to buy.

Call me greedy, but a starting price of 9.99 lakhs would be a killer move (and swipe off what is left of the Comet sales). Realistically expecting the prices to be 12-15 lakhs OTR across variants.

With the Gen2 EV platform, Acti.EV, good to see born EV stuff like flat floors and frunks. Though I will believe the usual marketing speil of It can offer a front wheel drive, rear wheel or even an all-wheel drive depending upon the size and the expectation or the requirement of that specific product. when it is launched. Expect it to be FWD only. Maybe they showed the various bodystyles possible, but one rendering of a van/minivan/MPV got me excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Why, Tata!

Punch EV doesn't look as good as any of their latest launches. It looks like a hurriedly, badly folded carton box in the front.....But then, anyone who wants to buy Punch EV, it's better to wait out 6 months to see if the product is niggle free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Somehow the new gen design language of Tata does not look all that great on the Punch EV, atleast on the photos. I think it looks forced and not clean unlike the Harrier/Safari twins. The Punch EV will anyway be a smash hit and will eat into sales of the Tiago & Nexon. This will be the perfect city car. High GC, low running costs, automatic tranny, large wheels, tough build, brisk if not outright punchy drive. Compared to my Tiago EV, i would have liked the 6 airbags and ESC....As with all new age Tata cars brimming with electronic & software features, a wait time of 6 months is highly recommended .
To be frank. The Nexon facelift feels odd IRL on Indian roads. Or maybe it is my mind playing games and seeing it as the old Nexon with a front end and rear end modded by someone aftermarket. Already the facelift Nexon feels like a slightly bigger Punch. With the new Punch facelift, one would be hardpressed to differentiate the Punch and Nexon from the front at a distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
But then, anyone who wants to buy Punch EV, it's better to wait out 6 months to see if the product is niggle free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
As with all new age Tata cars brimming with electronic & software features, a wait time of 6 months is highly recommended .
Guys. Did you forgot the extra 18 months of the mandatory waiting?
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:45   #113
BHPian

Punch EV - Bookings open

So Punch EV is here and the dealers have started accepting bookings. Here is how the Punch EV would look like. That's a screen grab from my Harrier sales executive WhatsApp status
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot_20240105_164238_whatsapp.jpg  

gauravdgr8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 17:31   #114
BHPian

I for one am very excited about this. I love the concept of EVs, but to take the plunge at 20L for a Nexon LR seems too risky, what with its sloping design as well as small size for me. And a Comet is just too tiny to be of any significance as a primary car. The original Punch ICE was actually a roomier fit for a 6-footer like me as opposed to the Nexon.. so I’m all for the boxy design!

Hoping they keep it 10-12L - max 14 L OTR and it becomes a serious consideration for folks like me who want to dip their toes in the EV waters..
Evyas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:43   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Hoping they keep it 10-12L - max 14 L OTR and it becomes a serious consideration for folks like me who want to dip their toes in the EV waters..
Ditto.

I was also thinking it wouldn't cross 14L since Nexon Creative+ is available at 14.75L. But considering the fact that there are a lot more variants on this one than Tiago, the spread would have to be larger. More like 9.5L-14L. And then the 7.7kW charger and sunroof would be 50k each extra.
v01d is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 19:58   #116
Senior - BHPian

I find the treatment of the tail lamps on Punch to be bit crude and toy-like. I was hoping that they will fix it on the EV version but they haven't

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20240105-7.54.558239pm.png
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 19:59   #117
BHPian

Any idea if it has a gearstick for PRNDS modes instead of that horrible rotary dial? Deal breaker for. The only reason I have not purchased Tiago ev or Old Nexon Ev (available with heavy discounts).
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 20:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

That rhino horn-like charger door is spoiling the look. Maybe it looked good in the design drawings, but in execution, it came out different. Still, will reserve my opinion till I see the car in metal.

I tried to erase it, IMHO it's looking much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-prestinewhite36.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 20:21   #119

Does it mean that Alfa architecture, that Punch is based on, is flexible to have a pure electric power train. The reason I am asking is that VW have a separate MEB architecture for EVs.

The skateboard layout of EVs might look simple, but the motors on the rear / front suspension assembly might not be part of the ICE architecture with regards to space etc.

Also is this activ.ev based on 800V?
Unstuck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 22:39   #120
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Perfect city run-abound car. EVs return better mileage in city traffic which is a bonus. This car is also perfect for those who own a big diesel for highway runs and are looking for a tiny EV car for intra-city drive which can squeeze through narrow city lanes and be parked anywhere. Punch EV sits perfectly between Tiago EV and Nexon EV.

Many have been waiting for this and have been holding off their EV purchases. Now that it has come, this will find many takers compared to Tiago EV as this one sits higher up, has butch SUV stance and a compact size. A true pocket rocket EV. Also being Gen-2 EV, it will bring better tech to the table. Citroen EV and MG Comet will be in trouble now.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks