Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2023, 11:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
The right hand side pic is of the almost production ready car. Punch already has the Harrier/ Safari styling with split DRL and headlamps. It is Nexon which followed the same style with some upgrades. I don't think we will see any major updates to exterior styling of punch in its EV avatar.
The Nexon (Curvv inspired) now is the first of their latest gen design. Harrier, Safari will be next. And Curvv obviously.

All Tata EVs will have the connected DRL strip as the common design element.

All this makes me think Punch will be launched with the design in the left.

Otherwise, as I said before, it will be half a step back.
ashutoshb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 12:10   #62
BHPian

Re: Speculation on Punch.EV Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjot37 View Post
Taking the overlapping and Tata's ambitious pricing (would hurt a little less if that new screen came in) in consideration, in my best guess, the Punch.EV would be priced at (no drumroll, please) ₹8.99/₹9.24 lakhs at the bottom end, and ₹13.89/14.29 lakhs at the other. Tata currently retails Punch in 4 variants- Pure, Adventure, Accomplished, and Creative. Going by the recent launch, most likely 'Pure' name would be dropped, and a new name for the top variant would be added (suggestion at the end).
Punch EV will have Tiago LR (24 KWh) battery in Punch EV MR and Nexon MR (30 KWh) battery in Punch EV LR. So price will be more than 10 Lakh for sure.

My Guess is price will be between 11 Lakh to 14.5 Lakh.

Last edited by souravdas808 : 17th September 2023 at 12:17.
souravdas808 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 22:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

My guesstimate would be that it will be priced at a slight premium over the Tigor ev, which is above 12.5 L

The pricing hierarchy could be Tiago< Tigor< Punch< Nexon.

Obviously, there would be price overlaps across variants.

Tata has shown us a glimpse of how tech-laden their EVs could be.

If the latest Nexon was a Gen 1.5 (Interesting article by ACI), and the Punch is a Gen 2 product, it will be equally tech-laden, if not more. And no way its going to be cheaper than the existing Tigor ev.
ashutoshb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 07:41   #64
BHPian

I am still confused, what does a punch EV do, which a Tiago Ev or Tigor EV or Nexon EV does not do? Is it different in tech? Does it get a Frunk, or is it the same EV under different body shape? Do we have demand to justify another EV introduction which will vie for the same pie of second car/beater car at home? (I am sure this can be your only car too, based on requirement, but in this case I believe mostly it is targetted at being the second car at home).
Old 19th September 2023, 09:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Do we have demand to justify another EV introduction which will vie for the same pie of second car/beater car at home? (I am sure this can be your only car too, based on requirement, but in this case I believe mostly it is targetted at being the second car at home).
It is simple in the ICE lineup also these cars exist and sell in good numbers so having them in EV avatar makes equal sense.
ferrarirules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 10:31   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I am still confused, what does a punch EV do, which a Tiago Ev or Tigor EV or Nexon EV does not do? Is it different in tech? Does it get a Frunk, or is it the same EV under different body shape? Do we have demand to justify another EV introduction which will vie for the same pie of second car/beater car at home? (I am sure this can be your only car too, based on requirement, but in this case I believe mostly it is targetted at being the second car at home).
When I was looking for a new car to replace our aging (almost 20 year old) Zen petrol, I test drove Nexon petrol, and punch petrol and booked a punch petrol because

1. It was a smaller car and better for a place like Palakkad with very narrow streets

2. I think punch had the best ingress an egress of all the cars that I tested for: The 90 deg opening door together with being a taller car (when compared to a sedan or a hatch) makes it good for senior citizen

3. Much better visibility from the drivers point of view.

Now 1 and 3 will be an advantage w.r.t Nexon EV (MR) and regarding 2, while the battery pack might make it a bit worse, I think it is still a point to be considered. Only a test drive will tell though
electric_eel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 12:14   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I am still confused, what does a punch EV do, which a Tiago Ev or Tigor EV or Nexon EV does not do? Is it different in tech? Does it get a Frunk, or is it the same EV under different body shape? Do we have demand to justify another EV introduction which will vie for the same pie of second car/beater car at home? .
Punch EV would do the same versus Tiago/Tigor EV, as Punch ICE car does against Tiago/Tigor ICE car. Last year I bought a Punch ICE when I needed a small car. The contenders against Punch were Tiago Petrol and Nexon Petrol. Positives of Punch against Tiago were: more airy cabin, more headroom on rear seat (for growing kids), adjustable rear headrests, 5 star safety rating against 4 star of Tiago, a much better suspension in Punch, higher ground clearance (my Vista's underbelly sometimes gets hit on Bangalore's speed breakers), a relatively new car on a new platform and higher seating. Nexon was expensive and larger than Punch. Punch is also very easy to park.

If there is good demand for Punch ICE car, so there will be good demand for Punch EV too.
speed79 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 12:22   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Newer platform advantages. Simple example would be useable dead pedal in the Punch vs the one in the Nexon. The Nexon has wide side sills via the legacy of the Vista's X1 platform which coupled with the high floor gives a bit of a crampled entry/exit. Nothing to worry like that in the Punch.

2. Smaller yet, spacious in the inside.

The only problem with the Punch as a city car/single car/ beater car is that anaemic petrol engine. With the EV ersion, that would be taken care of. So, the Punch EV is definitely waited by a good number of people.
DicKy is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 19:31   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Punch EV spotted again sporting fake exhaust!

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20230925-192846.png

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20230925-192832.png

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20230925-192815.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 19:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

The new look Punch teases us again. I am not sure why is Tata testing both the current and the new look Punch at the same time.
ashutoshb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 09:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The new look Punch teases us again. I am not sure why is Tata testing both the current and the new look Punch at the same time.
Back in 2019 when Tata made vids on Leh Ladakh series of testing for Nexon EV, they used body of old gen Nexon, only at launch was the facelift revealed

Old news link
Shresth_EV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:23   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Companies often do this. The initial prototypes often use the existing (Old) body shell with new internal components however the final product will have the new changes incorporate shortly before the release.
I assume that testing the electric powertrain is a much longer process than newer body panel changes which can be done in shorter time frames.

Besides, with the new design language released on Nexon EV, Tata cannot now release the Punch with old design, it will become a marketing issue so they have to follow and bring out consistent design language on all new launches - Punch, Harrier, Safari as on the Nexon.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 12:08   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Punch EV spotted again sporting fake exhaust!
I guess the amusing fake exhaust is to seek attention & tell people that its an EV .

If they really wanted to hide its EV DNA - they should simply have not tried. I don't think many would pay attention to a Punch mule specifically around Pune. Someone on notice period was given the task of making it look like an ICE car. And he/she did it in 5 minutes.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 18:08   #74
BHPian

Any idea if the punch ev is indeed being launched this month?
Old 4th October 2023, 15:36   #75
BHPian

As a prospective customer of the Punch EV. I would'nt really mind even if it is not launched in the New Gen [Curvv] design. I think the current gen Punch looks great too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks