Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 11:15   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open

Punch EV range available in different drive modes with almost full battery.

Sport

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-20240121_111444.jpg

Eco

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-20240121_111449.jpg

City

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-20240121_111452.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st January 2024 at 11:17.
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 14:08   #287
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV user considers Punch EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by govind_kaniyath View Post

For those who are planning to buy the tiago EV, I'd reccomend getting the Punch.

For those who are planning to buy the new Nexon EV or XUV 400, pure EV/ Born EVs are right around the corner. Curvv EV should launch in June. I'd suggest to wait for that.
Thanks for the detailed comparison, it'll be very helpful for prospective buyers. Your analysis is quite to the point.

I would like to just add that in any case the Nexon LR will provide more range (330 -360) than Punch (300 -330). However if range is the only concern then the Punch is a much viable city car than the Nexon.

My vote for Nexon will go on the basis of it being a "bigger car" providing more comfort during longer journeys.

I sincerely hope the Curvv Ev will provide atleast 450 kms real world range or else again it'll only have a "bigger car" advantage over the Nexon.
Old 21st January 2024, 16:06   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Link
They might as well take info from the site and quote it, everyone knows the MID information is an estimate and isn't the actual range but try telling to these "Auto journalists".

None of them will go to a charge and charge and find out info from there, bunch of lazy bums.
DarthVeda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 19:32   #289
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
===========
Link
A more accurate view to judge will be whkm and not DTE range. Tata DTEs are notoriously wrong for the first several charge cycles

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd January 2024 at 15:51.
mally2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 06:04   #290
BHPian

TATA PUNCH.ev ADVENTURE LONG RANGE WALKAROUND

Last edited by uditanshh : 22nd January 2024 at 06:08.
uditanshh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:56   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
1)

Not True. You can make a structural pack with prismatic cells. Blade batteries have a aluminium extrusion case and the height is 10mm higher then Tesla 4680 cell meaning the torsion strength of Blade pack is stronger then 4680 pack.
I was under the impression that the Structural battery packs on the model Y use the strengthened chassis to derive its support and packaging strength. I know they are encapsulated in a thermoplastic and laid along the chassis. So are we meaning here that this assumption is not true ?
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:33   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I was under the impression that the Structural battery packs on the model Y use the strengthened chassis to derive its support and packaging strength. I know they are encapsulated in a thermoplastic and laid along the chassis. So are we meaning here that this assumption is not true ?
In the structural pack the floor itself is the battery, meaning if your remove the battery pack you will be able to see the ground below. The seats mounts are bolted to the battery case. The seat mounts have a additional reinforcing for elevation and strength. So if you remove the battery the seats also come out from underneath the car.

The vertical elements of the case in this case the side walls of the battery pack provide the stiffness in torsional, bending test. If you look at a cardboard box you will notice that when you apply weight on the box, the middle portion sags or easy to deform without any support from inside but not the walls. The 4680 cells case and height is strong enough to support lot of weight. The foam they used is for NVH, fire and short circuit protection from the chassis.

In a 21700, 18650 pack the cell height is low and its shell/casing of the individual cell is of reduced thickness and it cannot support the weight of the occupants with having a structural floor.
DIY410 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 22:24   #293
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV user considers Punch EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
I would like to just add that in any case the Nexon LR will provide more range (330 -360) than Punch (300 -330). However if range is the only concern then the Punch is a much viable city car than the Nexon.
Unlike ICE cars, Motor powertrain in EVs are very efficient. They achieve close to 85% efficiency in drive cycle itself.

So this gen2 motors, better power electronics is not going to make that huge of a difference.

The real range boils basically down to two things. Battery Capacity and Weight.

Nexon LR's ARAI claim is a bogus. Nexon LR has 1.3times bigger battery than MR variant, But tata claims more than 1.5times range!! Despite weight going up.

My range prediction on tata punch was based on tiago and tigor's weight to battery capacity ratio.

Even if we consider punch to weigh similar to citroen eC3. We should be getting better battery to weight ratio than Nexon LR.

Also the biggest point is that Punch is on acti.EV platform. It makes all sense to wait for Curvv at this point of time if one is considering Nexon.
govind_kaniyath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:30   #294
BHPian

Some more info on the engineering of Punch and Acti.ev:

Mod Note: Our Tata Punch.ev Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Omkar : 23rd January 2024 at 16:11.
v01d is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks