Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2024, 11:52   #181
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
This is weird, it is not so that the boot is compromised by the battery or something else that the spare wheel cannot be provided. Based on the photos, you clicked the spare wheel well is definitely there and the floor board is intentionally put down below in the well. Even the nut that is used to tighten the tyre to the well is used to hold the tool board in the well. This seems a clear case of cost cutting.
In one of the videos, I clearly remember hearing that a puncture repair kit has been provided. In that case, the chances that we'll get a spare wheel are negligible.

I hope the prices reflect the cost-cutting!
Old 15th January 2024, 12:14   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
2. Punch's ICE positioning is as a 7-8L rupee car. Most buyers will balk at paying 15L for the same small car as a battery electric. The small car buyer also tends to be wary of range anxiety
It's unfair to do price comparison of EV's with MT or AMT cars. If we look at proper automatic cars (DCT, CVT, TC) at this price with EV's having less running costs, the pricing is fair i would say. This car will probably become Tata's most popular EV.
Joe367 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 13:23   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
This car will probably become Tata's most popular EV.
There is no hint of a doubt on this. With the current Punch with it's boring 1.2 L engine and AMT doing 12-13k a month; the EV will easily add another 4-5k a month! I presume even the one's who have booked the ICE might jump the EV bandwagon , just for the Punch.

I know many folks who have been keenly waiting for the launch of Punch.ev.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 15th January 2024 at 13:25.
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 22:34   #184
Senior - BHPian

I can see that there might be a scenario where a buyer gets to choose between a top end ICE Nexon / Sonet automatic or a mid / top end Punch EV. If the on road prices are close, the Punch EV with all its features list has the potential to steal buyers from a sub segment above.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:37   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Punch EV deliveries to commence by January-end.

Punch EV will get around 400km certified range; four variants on offer.

Quote:
Punch EV to get two battery pack options
As many as four variants on offer
Gets more features than Punch petrol model
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20240116-164113.png

Quote:
The Punch EV will be available in four variants – Smart, Adventure, Empowered and Empowered+; customers are opting for the top two variants. The Punch EV gets a long features list and the top-spec variants boast of rear disc brakes, leatherette seats, a 360-degree camera, a blind spot monitor, ventilated front seats, a wireless charger, a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster and a 10.25-inch infotainment by Harman.
Quote:
the Punch EV will have a 25kWh battery option with an estimated MIDC range of 315km and a 35kWh with a claimed range of about 400km.
Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th January 2024 at 16:41.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 18:33   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
It's unfair to do price comparison of EV's with MT or AMT cars. If we look at proper automatic cars (DCT, CVT, TC) at this price with EV's having less running costs, the pricing is fair i would say. This car will probably become Tata's most popular EV.
1. Brand's price position. Now look at the cars with proper DCTs/CVT/TC in the 15-16L range. Does that buyer seriously look at a Punch? So, the question is how many buyers will spend that kind of money on the Punch electric? The nameplate is associated with a certain pricepoint and buyer profile. It is extremely hard to break away from the brand's positioning in the average car buyers' minds. Tata could have launched it with a completely different name and different rear styling, and it might have worked (if the design is not going to be copied to Punch ICE refresh.)

2. Think EV and Indian buyers.
Lack of a real-world range is the single biggest obstacle for most people to buy EVs in India. The LR Punch is likely to run around 250km in real life, which might be just enough to convince far more people to buy it, especially in the cities. I don't doubt that it can still be popular. But I suspect the Adventure LR could easily sell 5X the volume at 12 Lacs on-road Vs what it will sell at 14L on-road kind of prices. Because the MR Punch's much smaller real range will not be able to pick up that demand even at lower prices!

They might have the chance here to break free and create the first high volume EV in India. An EV that features in the Top10 cars sold in India. Despite the Tata Motors baggage of recurring issues with production quality and major electrical problems in their EVs.

Remember, Tata Motors has a long history of opening a vehicle segment and then letting competitors walk away with all the volume. This time, I would wish for them to go aggressive and capture the market. Aim to double their passenger car marketshare to >30% quickly via EVs, and make it tough for the competition.
guptad42 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 20:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

A mini launch by a dealer done already.

ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 22:22   #188
BHPian

Tata seems to have little to no control over its dealers. They are themselves not showcasing the product completely while dealers are holding launch events for the same. It’s hilarious. No wonder Tata’s sales/service experience leaves a lot to be desired.
Himanshu809 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 09:29   #189
BANNED

Will be interested to see Tata pricing for the Punch.EV as top variant of Punch.EV may fall close to entry variants of Nexon.EV. Also we have XUV400 with updated interiors and aggressive pricing of 15.5L to 17.5L, fingers crossed.

Punch ICE top variant AMT exshowroom close to 10L and CNG is close to 9.5L so I am expecting TATA will agreesively price Empowered+ in between 11L to 12L exshowroom then it will be run away sucess..

Punch.EV is targeted for City usage and mostly less than 2k kms in month. So with maths it will not make sense if the difference between ICE to EV is more than 2L.
Old 17th January 2024, 10:46   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post
Punch ICE top variant AMT exshowroom close to 10L and CNG is close to 9.5L so I am expecting TATA will agreesively price Empowered+ in between 11L to 12L exshowroom then it will be run away sucess..
Empowered+ LR will have a larger range than Nexon Creative+ MR or XUV 400 EC Pro. So I'm expecting a similar price for it, (~15.5L).

There's a 3L difference in Tiago petrol and Tiago EV from what I remember. With a moderate running of 30-40kms per day, one can cover that difference in ~3-4 years.
Old 17th January 2024, 12:03   #191
BHPian

Punch.ev Introductory prices revealed. Seems priced higher by atleast 1-1.5L.

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20240117-12.02.08-pm.png

Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-screenshot-20240117-12.05.02-pm.png

Last edited by Comrade : 17th January 2024 at 12:06.
Comrade is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 12:04   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Punch.ev Introductory prices revealed. Seems priced higher by atleast 1-1.5L.
With the ICE punch starting at 6 and the EV starting at 11, it may feel so.
But if you compare the top-end variants of ICE and EV, the difference is reduced to ~4L.

Considering the fact that we can get an LR @ 13L which goes longer than Nexon Creative+ MR, I think the prices are awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-punch-prices.png  

Last edited by v01d : 17th January 2024 at 12:12. Reason: Removed duplicate snapshot.
v01d is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 12:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

Punch EV prices start from 10.99L. LR variants to start from 12.99L. Top end 14.49. Excellent pricing, IMO.

With this launch the Punch has the potential to be the highest selling car in India.
safari_lover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 12:05   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Going from 10% to 80% for a 35kwh battery in a little over half an hour seems like 50kw charging to me.

Of course, if it is 56minutes, then it’s back to square one! And they suck at math.
Unfortunately it is not 0.56 hours but 56mins, as mentioned in the presentation today!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Electric unveiled, bookings open-punch.ev-charging-time.png  

vinvin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 12:34   #195
BHPian

Pricing is too high for such a small car with tiny batteries. Once again, Tata is concentrating on fancy features instead of important EV must-haves like reasonable-sized batteries, range, and decent DC fast charging. Looks like they are ready to be overtaken by Mahindra in the EV market just like SUVs. If the rumored XUV300 EV with 35kWh is priced at around Rs 14 lakhs, then that's what will happen in EVs as well.
sri_tesla is offline   (20) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks