Tata Tigor EV 33 11.38%
Mahindra eVerito 2 0.69%
Others (please specify in your post) 13 4.48%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 21:27   #16
BHPian

Re: The Budget EVs | Citroen E-C3 vs Tata Tiago EV vs Tata Tigor EV vs Others

None of these. I want an A-segment hatch with a range of 80-100km range in a budget of less than 8L all inclusive. Once price crosses 10L, an EV doesn't make much sense to me as there are other options available with no restrictions that come with EVs. Instead of trying to improve range, manufacturers should focus on getting a budget (not cheap) EV out.
pkk077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:48   #17
BHPian

We should ideally compare cars in similar price bracket. While I voted for the Tiago ev, I don't think this poll makes sense as the price of say the eC3/tigor is at 20-30% over the tiago
Old 7th March 2023, 23:04   #18
BHPian

I voted for others, just for the reason I would pick up a Nexon EV over any of the cars mentioned in the list. I wouldn't consider Citroen, Tigor cars and Tiago is the only one that makes sense. However the Tiago EV Mid Range variant is not at all practical and only the long range model gives some usable range. And that will cost North of 10L. I would stretch a bit and get a more comfortable, proven and far more superior Nexon Prime EV Base Version.

And that's exactly what I did. Cancelled my Tiago EV booking and bought a pre-owned Nexon EV from within the family.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 23:26   #19
BHPian

Voted Others.

I would prefer the new MG, mostly as a city runabout. It fits the bill for a go anywhere, guilt free ride
Old 8th March 2023, 13:07   #20
BHPian

Voted for others. Among the list, only Tata makes sense. But the niggles and quality issues in almost all Tatas would keep me away from putting my money on conventional IC's from Tata, let alone EVs.

I would rather wait for other options to come up, for a better pool of options to choose from.
Old 8th March 2023, 18:11   #21
BHPian

The e-Verito:
  1. Has a better build quality than the Tata offerings.
  2. Costs half as much as the other two. You can find brand new ones being auctioned by Mahindra Factory on a clearance sale at a nearly 50% off the official MRP. You can find these cars being sold directly from the Mahindra factory via clearance agents on Facebook Marketplace, and Olx.
  3. Proper 5 seater, not a 4.2 seater.
  4. LFP batteries, not NMC.
  5. Has a DC001 Fast Charger that is available in every State Power Corp substation, or Govt. Offices.
  6. Robust and can definitely take more of a beating than the other two.
  7. Batteries, and motors are protected by a steel plate that's akin to an armour, no worries about scraping them on unscientific humps or stones.
  8. Spares are a plenty because of the cab market.
People unfortunately write off this fantastic car, because the Industrial Design is from the early 2000s.
If you can get past the taxi image, it is a fantastic city beater.
WD-42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 20:45   #22
BHPian

Useful thread! I am currently also having this debate. I like the eC3 - much better tyres. But no automatic climate control is a deal breaker for my family.
My current picks are the Tiago EV and the Tigor EV.
I really like the Tiago but the missing spare is a huge worry. I think I'll be comfortable using the puncher repair kit - as I have done it in the past. How common are sidewall punchers? If it were to happen on an highway, what kind of recourse would I have?
Old 11th July 2023, 09:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Useful thread! I am currently also having this debate. I like the eC3 - much better tyres. But no automatic climate control is a deal breaker for my family.
My current picks are the Tiago EV and the Tigor EV.
I really like the Tiago but the missing spare is a huge worry. I think I'll be comfortable using the puncher repair kit - as I have done it in the past. How common are sidewall punchers? If it were to happen on an highway, what kind of recourse would I have?
Tiago Ev makes the more sense if you could overlook the spare tyre scenario, that's where the Tigor EV trumps but the price is much higher and edges into the Nexon EV Prime XM territory which is a better buy, The eC3 is a great car with good range and just as efficient as the Tiago, but the led down is the battery cooling tech ( we can assume faster degradation over the years ) & the utter lack of basic features, one can only imagine what the execs at PCA were thinking, if they had kitted it almost like the Tiago XT and made the cooling liquid add a lac and I would have been a convert.

Performance wise you will be surprised that the Tiago is faster, more efficient and fun to drive compared to the Tigor and eC3.

PS I currently own a Tiago EV and clocked 5k kms in 3 months.
mally2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Tiago Ev makes the more sense if you could overlook the spare tyre scenario, that's where the Tigor EV trumps but the price is much higher and edges into the Nexon EV Prime XM territory which is a better buy, The eC3 is a great car with good range and just as efficient as the Tiago, but the led down is the battery cooling tech ( we can assume faster degradation over the years ) & the utter lack of basic features, one can only imagine what the execs at PCA were thinking, if they had kitted it almost like the Tiago XT and made the cooling liquid add a lac and I would have been a convert.

Performance wise you will be surprised that the Tiago is faster, more efficient and fun to drive compared to the Tigor and eC3.

PS I currently own a Tiago EV and clocked 5k kms in 3 months.
Thanks mally2! My family also like the Tiago EV as a family friend has recently purchased it. I have owned a Tiago (my profile pic) in the past and have some nostalgic value to getting one as well.
I haven't yet driven the Tiago EV. I did test drive the Nexon EV, which is pretty awesome. But it doesn't park well in our house.

I personally would like to wait for the Punch EV as it would check all my points.

On another note, does anyone else think that Tata is de-prioritizing Tigor EV? I am wondering based on the test drive availability. They haven't yet updated it to the recent model.

Last edited by crodjer : 11th July 2023 at 10:13.
crodjer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:47   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Tiago Ev makes the more sense if you could overlook the spare tyre scenario
Lack of spare tyre issue is overly emphasized and debated than necessary, it is strictly a city car, people will get used to, Tata might introduce spare tyre in next generation Tiago EV.

Previously scooters like Chetak, Vespa, Kinetic Honda, and Honda Eterno etc used to come with spare tyres(stepney), over time companies stopped giving spare tyres on two wheelers, but people are no more apprehensive about lack of stepney.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 20:44   #26
BHPian

Voted for others. I'd like to get the Tiago EV MR as it suffices for my city beater use case, but will probably end up with the Punch EV.

@GTO since you're spot on with your purchases and garage upkeep - what time realistically will you purchase your first EV? Will it be one of the Gen 2 ones from Tata or Mahindra? Or will you wait for a mainstream EV from one of the others?
Old 23rd July 2023, 13:23   #27
BHPian

Are niggles in Tiago real? I can live with minor ones.
I have heard good things about Nexon EV but not so much about Tiago. How about Tigor EV? My wife prefers a Sedan for reasons that make no sense to me.
Old 19th May 2024, 16:49   #28

Sirs, how do we define the term "budget ev", Can we expect even lower entry level price point be it any new entrants to the market or existing options. Also is it possible to expect an ICE level price point in the future maybe in the long run, say 5-6 years or even longer. I feel upfront cost still plays a huge role in EV adoption in the mass market

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks