Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tesla Cybertruck interiors revealed at Investors Day event

Tesla recently conducted its Investor's Day event at its Gigafactory in Texas, USA. At the event, the company displayed a pre-production beta prototype of its much-awaited Cybertruck, which will finally enter production this year.

Tesla Cybertruck interiors revealed at Investors Day event-teslacybertruck1.jpeg

Tesla also revealed the interior of the Cybertruck. The images showcase an extremely clean and simplistic cabin and dashboard layout, similar to the brand's electric cars. The Cybertruck features a new steering wheel design and a large centrally-mounted infotainment screen controlling multiple features of the car. At the rear of the cabin, the Cybertruck is said to get seats which can be folded up. The rear passengers will also get their own screen at the back - a feature which was first introduced on the refreshed Model S and Model X.

Tesla Cybertruck interiors revealed at Investors Day event-teslacybertruck3.jpeg

The images shared on social media showcase the Tesla Cybertruck to come with a glass roof and a tonneau cover. Reports also state that Tesla has made several improvements towards the vehicle's overall fit, finish and quality, both inside and outside.

Source: Matthew Donegan-Ryan/Twitter

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 3rd March 2023 at 17:01.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 00:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Tesla Cybertruck interiors revealed at Investors Day event

Maybe it's to do with the way the pics have been clicked but remove that large central screen and the dashboard comes off as a large piece of folded cardboard.
Herschey is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 09:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone please tell them that they are taking the minimalistic theme too far.

Continues to look like the interiors of cheap toy cars or poorly done old video games. Even if this is pre production, looking at their S3XY history, can't expect more.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 10:05   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just like the exterior of the Cyber Truck, even the interiors seem to be designed by children who were given a free-hand with their geometry box. I doubt it would ever see production in the current state.

Tesla better dig deep because the competition is bridging the gap on EVs. Here is the Electric F150's cabin. And unlike the "moving target" Cyber Truck, the F150 Lightning is already on sale
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:00   #5
BHPian

It’s been over more than 3 years of unveil, and where most company launch a facelift version too, there is still no specifics on production dates of this one. Since Elon decided to reveal the interiors on investors day, I doubt it will change.
But I’m sure people will grab whatever Tesla throws at it.
Old 6th March 2023, 15:07   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
It’s been over more than 3 years of unveil, and where most company launch a facelift version too, there is still no specifics on production dates of this one. Since Elon decided to reveal the interiors on investors day, I doubt it will change.
But I’m sure people will grab whatever Tesla throws at it.
I'm not even sure how long that will continue. Cf this article today, which talks about how Ford is beating Tesla handily in rolling out new vehicles (it sold 15,617 F-150 Lightning pickup trucks last year, vs zero cybertrucks from Tesla), new features (BlueCruise actually works on premapped sections of highway, Tesla's full self-driving system isn't close to being one), and in being a cool place to work (Ford isn't telling employees to put in 40 hours per week in the office regardless of what they are doing, and its employees don't sound terrified to talk to journalists).

Musk seems to be in self-destruct mode and Tesla is overvalued for what its future prospects look like.
rsidd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 10:56   #7
BHPian

I put $100 down on the 500mi range Cybertruck, which now feels like ages ago. Should’ve put those 100 bucks in TSLA stock instead! That said, this truck looks absolutely ugly on road; it’s one of those things that look futuristic in pictures but an absolute dork in person. Furthermore, there are so many unanswered questions - crash test, pedestrian safety, weight, size… the list goes on.

Apart from the technical and manufacturing challenges involved, like the cold rolled steel, this project may have been delayed due to a change of priorities. Initially, this may have been Elon’s vanity project when they had money to burn, but the vanity waned off soon, and the tesla board may have also resisted the massive amount of money to be poured into fundamental aspects like tooling and construction. Interesting times.

Last edited by shree_shell : 7th March 2023 at 11:01.
shree_shell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:16   #8
BHPian

These interiors of the cybertruck are hazardous!! The driver may fall off to sleep with the boredom he will endure looking at such a dashboard!!
SN88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 00:49   #9
BHPian

The interior of the cybertruck looks inspired from the rovers you’d drive on Mars not for a vehicle I’ll drive on Earth. It is way to minimal compared to any other non-Tesla EVs on sale anywhere on the planet.
Mat095 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 05:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
I'm not even sure how long that will continue. Cf this article today, which talks about how Ford is beating Tesla handily in rolling out new vehicles (it sold 15,617 F-150 Lightning pickup trucks last year, vs zero cybertrucks from Tesla)
Typical media FUD opinion piece. What next? How Ford sells many more ICE vehicles than Tesla because Tesla does not sell any ICE vehicles? Tesla will be close to 2mn vehicles this year. The Berlin factory which is still scaling is already at 4000 vehicles per week!

Quote:
, new features (BlueCruise actually works on premapped sections of highway, Tesla's full self-driving system isn't close to being one),
Please show me one autonomous system from any manufacturer which can do this today in the real world - this is the latest Autopilot Beta by the way

Ford's bluecruise would not even change lanes autonomously, even on premapped highways. You still have to indicate and then the system would change lanes if safe to do so - if not it will keep following the car in front even if it slows down and should be overtaken.

There is a fundamental difference between the two approaches - Tesla is aiming for a car which you can drop anywhere and it could drive itself aka intelligence while Ford is premappinh highways in high resolution and all it gives you is the ability to take your hands off the steering wheel when driving the pre mapped sections but even then the car does not drive itself autonomously.

Quote:
and in being a cool place to work (Ford isn't telling employees to put in 40 hours per week in the office regardless of what they are doing, and its employees don't sound terrified to talk to journalists).
So how is it that Tesla executive team has been with the company as long as the company has been? Why are Tesla/SpaceX the top choice to work for engineering graduates?
https://www.businessinsider.com/empl...iversum-2022-8

Quote:
Musk seems to be in self-destruct mode and Tesla is overvalued for what its future prospects look like.
No they are not because if you did your own research, you would realise that legacy car makers do not stand a chance. There is not even one company on the planet which is making electric cars at scale and at profit and Tesla's profit is already 8 times that of Toyota per car and 4-5x most of the industry. And they just revealed plans at their investor day to half their current manufacturing cost and showed how they plan to do it.

I havent even mentioned Tesla the AI, grid scale storage, solar company which is growing great yoy or their future product pipeline.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 8th March 2023 at 05:18.
Old 8th March 2023, 06:50   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Please show me one autonomous system from any manufacturer which can do this today in the real world - this is the latest Autopilot Beta by the way
Sorry man. There’s fundamental issues with Tesla’s autonomous driving technology development and delivery program. Some of these are also about ethics. There are numerous articles discussing it in detail.

I work in quality assurance and IMHO there’s a huge difference between the Apple iOS beta program and Tesla’s Autopilot beta program. My view is that Tesla is being reckless.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...suit-autopilot

I don’t know how many litres of Kool-Aid one should drink to buy the Cybertruck. It looks like a glorified Flintmobile.

Last edited by kiku007 : 8th March 2023 at 06:55.
Old 8th March 2023, 07:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Sorry man. There’s fundamental issues with Tesla’s autonomous driving technology development and delivery program. Some of these are also about ethics. There are numerous articles discussing it in detail.
I dont read too many media articles to be honest because I rarely come across information that I dont already know either from my own research or that of the Tesla community but mostly because of FUD and the fact that mainstream media rarely gets it right.

As an example, this is what the headline of one of the biggest media houses in America was recently "Mercedes leapfrogs past Tesla on automated highway driving" - the reality is that its a highly gimped system which works only upto 40 miles per hour (who drives at 40mph on a highway), cant be raining, needs dense traffic because it needs to follow cars to work and does not change lanes autonomously either. All it does is it allows you to take your hands off steering wheel if all of those sundry conditions are met and is only approved in Nevada which has some of the most lenient automation rules in the US. Nevada allows all automation levels to operate on public streets as long as the vehicle can stop if there is a malfunction in the system. They dont even issue any permit or license for it.

Here's the Mercedes system in action by the way. Now contrast this with the video I posted earlier of Tesla driving on its latest Beta.
https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/st...715716608?s=20
Quote:
I work in quality assurance and IMHO there’s a huge difference between the Apple iOS beta program and Tesla’s Autopilot beta program. My view is that Tesla is being reckless.
It is not a like for like comparison. Beta version of operating system isnt uncommon while autonomous driving has never been solved. So how do you benchmark the Tesla's system against others - judge the system for what it can do now compared to others and take an educated bet on a company you think will be the first one to solve it - with 4mn cars on the road already doing 123mn miles daily and with every car data mining - who do you think has the most amount of real world data to train their AI system on?

Also, Autopilot is an optional purchase - the standard system works as well as any typical ADAS system out there but has much better lane keeping and is also much better at passive safety (braking for pedestrian, staying in lane etc etc) and improvements are only an off the air update away.

https://thedriven.io/2023/01/23/tesl...safety-rating/

Quote:
I leave the result of the lawsuit to the judge and the jury. Its not the first time a lawsuit has been filed against Tesla but would highlight more media FUD, copying verbatim from the article - "The share price also fell 5.7% on 16 February 2023 after NHTSA forced a recall of more than 362,000 Tesla vehicles equipped with full self-driving beta software because they could be unsafe around intersections." This so called recall is an off the air update, a button press for Tesla.

Quote:
I don’t know how many litres of Kool-Aid one should drink to buy the Cybertruck. It looks like a glorified Flintmobile.
I was literally speechless when Cybertruck was announced - I thought the company had lost its mind, that they would go bankrupt and was sincerely hoping that this was some sort of an elaborate joke in typical Elon fashion.

But there is method behind the madness. I cant write down all of it all here - there are plenty of resources out there but the gist is, capability wise it would be far beyond anything thats available and it is designed to look this way, partly because of the way it is going to be manufactured (cold roll steel, exoskeleton) and because it has to be unlike any other pick up truck on road because American pick up truck buyers are generally very loyal to their preferred brand.

The fact also is that people generally do not know what they want - if you asked people what would be a perfect phone before iPhone came out - they would have said something like, a phone with a 5mp camera, flash, gps and a 3.5mm jack with a color screen and full qwerty keyboard.

Asking people what they want is NOT how disruption takes place. Whether Cybertruck is going to be successful or not is anyone's guess but if you ask me, it is going to be category defining product in its capability, performance and durability and is now my fav Tesla product by far. I even love the way it looks precisely because it looks that way.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 8th March 2023 at 08:11.
Old 8th March 2023, 09:17   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Asking people what they want is NOT how disruption takes place. Whether Cybertruck is going to be successful or not is anyone's guess but if you ask me, it is going to be category defining product in its capability, performance and durability and is now my fav Tesla product by far. I even love the way it looks precisely because it looks that way.
I can understand your enthusiasm.

I'll wait to see more actual proof (beyond beta testing and marketing claims) to see if Tesla's autopilot can work consistently without injuring its drivers and other road users, and if the Cybertruck actually delivers on claimed capabilities. For the latter, even just delivering the vehicle would be a big achievement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks