Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 00:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Audi Q4 E-Tron EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post

So it's currently a toss up between the two, I only lose $250 deposit if I cancel the Model Y order.
Congratulations. I'm super curious to know the reason for shortlisting Mach-E but, I will refrain as we are going off-topic on this thread and don't want to hijack it.

If I was in your shoes, the Y would be a clear winner over the Mach-E.

Will probably wait for your ownership report to get the full details.
Old 13th March 2023, 11:37   #17
BHPian

Congratulations! The car looks absolutely sublime. There is one thing common between your Audi and Wagon R. They both come with rear drum brakes. I am guessing they will last very long. Audi says that 90% of braking can be handled by regen so drum brakes are apt.

That said, it is bizarre to view 20 inch wheels with drum brakes in a premium car.

There are 3 other cars in the US which come with rear drum brakes. Hilux, Tacoma and Mirage are part of this club.

Last edited by fache89 : 13th March 2023 at 11:42.
Old 6th April 2023, 15:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
For the record I also don't like the extravaganza in India with cake and ribbon cutting and unveiling and family pictures etc. and chose to just pick up the car without the ceremonials this time at Kia. I also told them to remove 100% of the plastics and stickers (like how they do it in the US).
I think its also a socio-economic cultural thing. Car isn't a luxury there in the west, it is not just a luxury but a life milestone for many here, so the pomp and the celebration is in line with that to make you feel good. And I think its nice of the companies to do it too. I personally wouldn't want a cake and surely no wasteful use of plastic but I guess it doesn't hurt to celebrate a little, maybe just a nice send off from the showroom with everyone clapping would be nice.

Last edited by TejasV : 6th April 2023 at 15:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks