Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2024, 16:06   #736
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Front right tyre burst open on Panvel JNPT highway, courtesy of world class pothole & rain. Appreciate any leads to procure ev tyre, dont want to spend 50-60k on tyre from hyundai.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_7498.jpeg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_7490.jpeg  

Old 18th July 2024, 16:41   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh_kumar View Post
Front right tyre burst open on Panvel JNPT highway, courtesy of world class pothole & rain. Appreciate any leads to procure ev tyre, dont want to spend 50-60k on tyre from hyundai.
I think you can look at changing the profile as well as getting a india specific tyre (without the EV mention) . The same Pilot Sport 4 you can get for much cheaper than 65000 per tyre (by 50% atleast)
Old 19th July 2024, 01:05   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chohan View Post
Could you fix that bumper? How did you go about the repair?
Didn't fix it yet. Service centre quoted 7-14k. I'll probably get it done as my second insurance claim for the year, before it's up for renewal.
Old 19th July 2024, 11:51   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I think you can look at changing the profile as well as getting a india specific tyre (without the EV mention) . The same Pilot Sport 4 you can get for much cheaper than 65000 per tyre (by 50% atleast)
Wouldn't that entail changing all tyres? Not planning on replacing others as they are still as good as new.
Old 19th July 2024, 16:01   #740
BHPian

Quote:

Please check TyresnMore website for replacing tyre. They seem to be offering Pirelli tyres for Hyundai Ioniq.
Used their services for nowSold Hyundai Creta and Scooty.

For both instances they came with all tools required for fitting and wheel balancing.

Last edited by pram_ind : 19th July 2024 at 16:05.
Old 19th July 2024, 16:55   #741
BHPian

Stress tested the car on an 800km journey from Satna to Delhi. Also turned on sport mode and set regen to level 1.

Range drop was massive - had to slow down because I was losing too much range. It's much, much harder to stay below 120 than over it on this car.

Still got 275km over 95% battery.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240718-22.26.39.jpeg

Had to charge twice on the way - came to within 4-5% battery on both occasions after moderating speeds during the final stretches. Statiq 60KW at ITC Mughal Agra was flawless. Another 60KW Statiq at Orai, UP was alright - had two powercuts that cause liked an hour's delay.

Great fun throughout though.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_85732.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th July 2024 at 19:45. Reason: Removing mentions of illegal speeds
huygens is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 18:47   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pram_ind View Post
Please check TyresnMore website for replacing tyre. They seem to be offering Pirelli tyres for Hyundai Ioniq.
Used their services for nowSold Hyundai Creta and Scooty.

For both instances they came with all tools required for fitting and wheel balancing.
They have non ev tyres, appreciate your help. Should i go for non ev tyres as no one seems to have ev tyres anywhere with this spec.
Old 19th July 2024, 19:00   #743
BHPian

It was latch and actuator problem. They will replace under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Same issue has cropped up with my vehicle as well. Randomly driver side door will decide to not close as if the inside handle is pulled open - even though it’s not.
Old 19th July 2024, 19:30   #744
BHPian

Apollo has non ev tyre for 21k.

Quote:
Wouldn't that entail changing all tyres? Not planning on replacing others as they are still as good as new.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-screenshot_20240719_192553_chrome.jpg  

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 21:00   #745
BHPian

Quote:
They have non ev tyres, appreciate your help. Should i go for non ev tyres as no one seems to have ev tyres anywhere with this spec.

They and tyremarket both will source the Pirelli EV tyres if you ask even though they don’t list them on the site.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 21:06   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
They and tyremarket both will source the Pirelli EV tyres if you ask even though they don’t list them on the site.
Checked with both, they said they will get back. No luck so far with either. Hyundai Dealer is getting tyres sourced.
Old 24th July 2024, 00:12   #747
BHPian

Has anyone checked their battery degradation/state of health yet?
Old 27th July 2024, 15:53   #748
BHPian

My car has done 13K kms and I am facing continuous change in the speed of airflow from AC vents. The blower noise too keeps cycling between low and high at every 3-5 secs interval. Earlier, I use to run the AC at speeds typically between 2-3. Now I need to keep it between 5-6 to get the cabin cooled.

Has anybody got the cabin air filter replaced? I am trying to get new ones from the Hyundai dealer in Jaipur but they are out of stock.
Old 31st July 2024, 20:21   #749

This is not a rant

Few issues that I have faced in the past year

Bought it in Aug 2023 ...13500 kms on the ODO right now

From the time I took the car day 1 the tyre pressures were crazy high ..got them down to 33 psi worked fine for past 8 months but wasn't comfortable for me recently sent car for annoying psi sensor issues reset to 35 and car has changed totally for good

One of my juniors wanted a ride and he bumped it while reversing and had to send it for repair work under insurance but post that there was continuous clanking in my cars rear
Just post that I brushed the car on the left side rear door so sent it for denting and painting they didn't match the color right when they sent me the pic on cell phone they re did it also corrected the rear end noise

Since I kept getting a tyre pressure n sensor issues showing low pressure even after resetting it
Recently they asked to send the car over for iccu update that time this got corrected and also my first service was done and the ride quality drastically improved for me post rotation of tyres and the way I like it(my fav VW Jetta TDI)

Now recently 3 days back I see a bleb of paint on my right back door as if someone filled water in the paint and my eft front door latch gives issues as if it is not locking howmuchever I try

TLDR; had tyre pressure issues with ride quality problems solved after setting pressure to 35 and first service tyre rotation car is awesome ...

The support team at Arsh Hyundai Mumbai are very good they have helped always with the issues

One last thing can someone tell me why my car post update keeps saying air flap active please check ??

Thank you for your patience reader
ajrage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 21:19   #750
BHPian

Recommended tyre pressure for the 20” tyres is 36 Psi normal and 38 Psi full load. If I remember right, the manual also states to never run the car below 28 Psi cold or 32 Psi hot.

I personally run it at 37 Psi cold and I can feel the difference in ride when the pressures are below 35. This car doesn't give much leeway with respect to tyre pressures.

Last edited by BRZRKR : 31st July 2024 at 21:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks