Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2024, 22:35   #616
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvk1991 View Post
We have recently booked Ioniq EV in Gravity Gold Matt colour. Took a quick test drive and loved the space inside.

Will soon share delivery and charing port installation experience.
Congratulations on the fabulous choice.

Kindly share details of the dealer, timeline from ordering to delivery date and what VIN are they shipping you.

Also any chances of picking the car from the factory for us folks close to Sriperumbudur?

Cheers,
D.
delta5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 11:48   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Congratulations on the fabulous choice.

Kindly share details of the dealer, timeline from ordering to delivery date and what VIN are they shipping you.

Also any chances of picking the car from the factory for us folks close to Sriperumbudur?

Cheers,
D.

I stay near KUN Hyundai Ekkaduthangal but was not successful in getting a test drive vehicle. So we approached KUN Anna Nagar for a test drive and he immediately came back next day with the vehicle.

The whole deal was handled by my father as he was more excited to have this car.

Yesterday we were told the car has reached the yard and I was called for a PDI to their yard in Ambattur.

Overall the car looked good and wrapped, the driver side interiors had come strains which I pointed out to be cleaned before delivery.

The car has white interiors which is a big .

Heartbreaking to see 100s of flood affected cars parked in their yard and have decided not to go for the used car route from Tamil Nadu .

I dont think there is the option of taking delivery from the plant. I will check with the showroom.

Delivery planned for next week, below are the pics taken in the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240228-15.20.05-5.jpeg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240228-15.20.05-3.jpeg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240228-15.20.05-2.jpeg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240228-15.20.05-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240228-15.20.05.jpeg  

Tvk1991 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 10:28   #618
BHPian

PSA for owners.

DC fast charging at anything over 30KW while in the car with air conditioning on will overheat the battery and cut off cabin air conditioning once driving is resumed. It can take upto 15 minutes for battery temperatures to stabilise after charging completion after which cabin air conditioning restarts. This happens consistently and has been highlighted by Bjorn Nyland in his Ioniq 5 review on youtube.
Old 10th March 2024, 13:06   #619
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine picked up an Ioniq 5 last week. They love the car but the experience has been poor. Blue Link is still not activated. The car was delivered without plates. They have to visit again and get those fitted.

On a crazy note, they were forced to pose with a 10/10 satisfaction sign board on taking delivery!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 09:47   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZRKR View Post
PSA for owners.

DC fast charging at anything over 30KW while in the car with air conditioning on will overheat the battery and cut off cabin air conditioning once driving is resumed. It can take upto 15 minutes for battery temperatures to stabilise after charging completion after which cabin air conditioning restarts. This happens consistently and has been highlighted by Bjorn Nyland in his Ioniq 5 review on Youtube.
Unless this is a new software update with safety in mind - I do not think this is the case. I have charged in Jio BP chargers at 60KW and seated inside the car with AC on - couple of times, did not face any such issue.
v_avinash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 11:17   #621
BHPian

A couple of questions to Ioniq 5 owners -

Context: We have a Nexon EV currently. It has been nearly 3 years and run 60,000 kms. We are actively considering upgrading to another, preferably premium, EV.

Ioniq 5 is one of the top choices we are looking at.

My wife is the primary driver for the EV and she is used to Nexon EV dimensions - considering that, will Ioniq feel like a large vehicle and more unwieldy on Bangalore roads?

For people based in Bangalore - do we have to get the sanctioned load enhanced from BESCOM for home charging?
We have 5kw sanctioned load, and Nexon charging works without any issue (it is 3.3kw, if I recall correctly). How is it with Ioniq?

(All this thinking is based on the assumption that we can sell our Nexon EV in the used car market for a decent amount. I have no idea what the situation is, but then thats the topic for another thread)

Thanks in advance!
GS300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 11:32   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_avinash View Post
Unless this is a new software update with safety in mind - I do not think this is the case. I have charged in Jio BP chargers at 60KW and seated inside the car with AC on - couple of times, did not face any such issue.
It has happened quite consistently for me, so much so that I make it a point to leave the car to charge and make use of an eatery/convenience store.

Could it be an issue with my car? Anyone else facing this issue? I request other members to share their experiences.
Old 11th March 2024, 15:30   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZRKR View Post
Could it be an issue with my car? Anyone else facing this issue? I request other members to share their experiences.
Never Happened to me, I charged it at Jio-BP,Xobolt,Volttic,Tata and Adani 60kw stations on my road trip of GJ. The ambient temps were high too. DC Charged it for More than 8 instances on that trip alone, sometimes till 80%, sometimes 100. (it throttles to ~45kw after 80%)
the car would show some 1-2kw consumption towards battery care (green battery logo with + sign, on the infotainment system) for 20-30 mins if you drive off right after fast charging, which i assumed was for cooling down the battery. but made no difference in cabin A/C cooling.
I would suggest you get the same diagnosed at the SC.
P.S: The car cuts off the compressor if you connect and turn on/off DC fast charging with car still running. it reboots the car and leaves it in pre-ignition mode. Turning on the car again, even with the charger connected, resumes the compressor. maybe that is what happened with you?

Last edited by Lego28 : 11th March 2024 at 15:39. Reason: added PS
Lego28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 09:58   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300 View Post

Context: We have a Nexon EV currently. It has been nearly 3 years and run 60,000 kms. We are actively considering upgrading to another, preferably premium, EV.

My wife is the primary driver for the EV and she is used to Nexon EV dimensions - considering that, will Ioniq feel like a large vehicle and more unwieldy on Bangalore roads?

For people based in Bangalore - do we have to get the sanctioned load enhanced from BESCOM for home charging?
We have 5kw sanctioned load, and Nexon charging works without any issue (it is 3.3kw, if I recall correctly). How is it with Ioniq?

(All this thinking is based on the assumption that we can sell our Nexon EV in the used car market for a decent amount. I have no idea what the situation is, but then thats the topic for another thread)

Thanks in advance!
1. I have the IONIQ for 10 months now - I live in an apartment which is 20 years old so getting a sanction for additional load to install the 11 KW charger was out of question.
2. I have been charging my Ioniq with the regular 15 AMP socket in my parking lot (which comes from my meter) - The Ioniq guys came and verified that the earthing etc was OK (as part of the pre check). So I did not have to do anything.
3. Yes, I get only 1.3KW - which actually works perfectly for me, because I can charge my car and yet run an AC or two at home without a worry.
4. Overnight charge gives me about 12/15 percent which is good enough for 100 km .
5. I usually charge my car for about 40/50 hours at a stretch after my weekly drives to work (approx 4 times 50 km each) - so that time helps me charge to 100 without any issue.

Short summary - the amount of effort and "fees" that BESCOM will charge - even for load enhancement, it is not worth it - just keep this going. Of course if you have higher load/usage at home in your current state, you may consider.

If you are building a new home/new location and are in the process of securing an electrical meter, then totally makes sense to go for the higher one (always easier to do it when in Greenfield stage than later...which is when BESCOM kills you! (and your society as well).

Regards to your second question - IONIQ is big for the Bangalore roads, but my 60 percent driving has been on the ORR with all the construction and diversions - so it is not an easy one , especially the first couple of months - once you get used to it, then it works. Funnily (touch wood) I think the size of the car does intimidate people, so few get close...
v_avinash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 11:22   #625
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
The Ioniq 5 has a similar width, wheelbase and turning circle as a SWB Mercedes w221 or even a w222 S Class. It is shorter in length by almost half a metre which is mostly in the overhangs. The design belies its size.
BRZRKR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 17:06   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvk1991 View Post
We have recently booked Ioniq EV in Gravity Gold Matt colour. Took a quick test drive and loved the space inside.

Total Invoice value was : Rs.46.65 lakhs
Insurance: Rs.1.32 lakhs
Fast Tag: Rs.500
Basic Accessories: Rs.25,000
4th and 5th year warranty: Rs.58,173
Total:Rs.48.8 lakhs

Will soon share delivery and charing port installation experience.
Hi can you confirm how the KMs the extended warranty is valid upto. I'm looking at the quotes and they have given me only 100,000 Km, while the review page says 4th&5th year can be extended upto 140,000 Km.

Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 17:11   #627
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Car is Long!. U-turns need to be planned. A three point turn will be required for narrow U-turns, and I think this is mainly due to the wheel base. Width is not that much of a problem.

If you don't have atleast a 7.2 KW charger as your daily charger, you will end up charging daily and to different charging levels. Can be managed, but needs to have constant planning. A 3.3 wall plug will take about 20 hrs from 10% to 100%, so not very practical.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 18:02   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Hi can you confirm how the KMs the extended warranty is valid upto. I'm looking at the quotes and they have given me only 100,000 Km, while the review page says 4th&5th year can be extended upto 140,000 Km.

Thanks
I have got 4th and 5th year 1,40,000 kms.
Old 18th March 2024, 18:39   #629
BHPian

I started a separate thread on the Ioniq 5 recall due to ICCU failure. Sharing it here so current owners and future buyers are aware of this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...niq-5-ev6.html (Hyundai/Kia to recall 500,000 EVs globally to replace ICCUs | Includes Ioniq 5 & EV6)
Old 18th March 2024, 19:41   #630

Hello folks, my first post here. I just bought a white Ioniq 5. Delivery expected in about 1 week.

My typical usage is less than 100 km/ week. So will be using a 15 A charger ( also because I am living in a rented house).

I am considering downsizing to 19inch tyres hoping it would help in ride quality and be easier on my lower back. However still get availability of 19in EV tyres , and the tyre dealer are not ready to exchange against the original tyre.
Any of you have downsized? Or have suggestions on how to do it economically and what was your perception of the ride quality on potholed / patched up like in Bangalore ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks