Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2024, 16:36   #601
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvk1991 View Post
We have recently booked Ioniq EV in Gravity Gold Matt colour. Took a quick test drive and loved the space inside.

Total Invoice value was : Rs.46.65 lakhs
Insurance: Rs.1.32 lakhs
Fast Tag: Rs.500
Basic Accessories: Rs.25,000
4th and 5th year warranty: Rs.58,173
Total:Rs.48.8 lakhs

Will soon share delivery and charing port installation experience.
Congratulations. Send pics of Matt Gold Ioniq 5.
Old 21st February 2024, 19:47   #602
BHPian

2 questions after 9 months of ownership:

1. What substance should I use to clean the seats? They're far from the shining white they used to be.

2. Took a bad route today. The ground clearance wasn't adequate and the car floor hit the ground like thrice. How worried should I be? Floor looks fine on inspection.
Old 21st February 2024, 19:50   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huygens View Post
2 questions after 9 months of ownership:

1. What substance should I use to clean the seats? They're far from the shining white they used to be.

2. Took a bad route today. The ground clearance wasn't adequate and the car floor hit the ground like thrice. How worried should I be? Floor looks fine on inspection.
For your 2nd point, you needn't worry too much. It's supposed to have a good sturdy underneath and it has to be as it houses the battery. But get it checked once with the workshop to be sure.

And while you are at it, you might as well get your point #1 done too at the workshop.
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 20:51   #604
BHPian

Faced the zombie mode issue 2nd time in 9 months of ownership. Fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal of the 12v battery. Thankfully, After the first time it happened I decided to keep a wrench in the car for doing the same, which came to my rescue today.

Dissappointing to see that Hyundai has been unable to fix this issue completely though!
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 21:53   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Faced the zombie mode issue 2nd time in 9 months of ownership. Fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal of the 12v battery. Thankfully, After the first time it happened I decided to keep a wrench in the car for doing the same, which came to my rescue today.

Dissappointing to see that Hyundai has been unable to fix this issue completely though!
Zombie mode issue? What's that?
Old 21st February 2024, 22:00   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Zombie mode issue? What's that?
When the car doesn't go into D or R and is stuck between N and P.

Very common issue on the Ioniq 5 worldwide.
Old 21st February 2024, 22:29   #607
BHPian

Quote:
When the car doesn't go into D or R and is stuck between N and P.

Very common issue on the Ioniq 5 worldwide.
Ah Ha! I faced this a couple of times. To resolve this, I initially locked the car, then using the app locked & unlocked it a few times, then gave it a good 5 mins before getting into the car & checking if it worked. And it worked!!!

But the scientific reason behind this, I later on found out....When pressing the start/stop button & turning on the ignition, keep the brake pressed. This seemed to be my issue. I was not pressing it & hence the issue. But if I keep it pressed when turning on the ignition, it never occurred. And I am able to simulate this issue at will. If I turn on the ignition without pressing the brake, it only shuffles between N & P. If I turn it off and then turn it on with the brake pressed, then it works correctly.

The logic seems correct - you are changing the gear of the vehicle, so you don't want it to be rolling. So, the vehicle software/app logic is to press the brake, thereby ensuring the vehicle is in your control when changing gears!!!

Try this & let me know. Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by NannuBhai : 21st February 2024 at 22:34.
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 23:01   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Ah Ha! I faced this a couple of times. To resolve this, I initially locked the car, then using the app locked & unlocked it a few times, then gave it a good 5 mins before getting into the car & checking if it worked. And it worked!!!

But the scientific reason behind this, I later on found out....When pressing the start/stop button & turning on the ignition, keep the brake pressed. This seemed to be my issue. I was not pressing it & hence the issue. But if I keep it pressed when turning on the ignition, it never occurred. And I am able to simulate this issue at will. If I turn on the ignition without pressing the brake, it only shuffles between N & P. If I turn it off and then turn it on with the brake pressed, then it works correctly.

The logic seems correct - you are changing the gear of the vehicle, so you don't want it to be rolling. So, the vehicle software/app logic is to press the brake, thereby ensuring the vehicle is in your control when changing gears!!!

Try this & let me know. Hope this helps!!!
For me that was not the issue both times because the first thing I did was to try and restart the car with the brake completely pressed. But it didn't work.
Old 21st February 2024, 23:03   #609
BHPian

Quote:
For me that was not the issue both times because the first thing I did was to try and restart the car with the brake completely pressed. But it didn't work.
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I hope you get a solution real quick for this. Please share it, once you do get a fix / permanent solution...(not jugaad).
Old 21st February 2024, 23:19   #610
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I hope you get a solution real quick for this. Please share it, once you do get a fix / permanent solution...(not jugaad).
Will do but for now would recommend all Ioniq 5 owners to keep a small wrench that can open the 12v battery terminals as a precaution so that you don't get stranded. (This solution was recommended to me by Hyundai only saying that it is a common issue and the system just needs a hard reboot to fix it)
koolkunz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 14:22   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Have been advised to change tyres at the next service at a whopping cost of Rs. 62000/- per tyre
Just a thought after random research, would 255/50R20 fit without issues?
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-1.png

I have run mine around 8000kms only, and after my recent road trip Gujarat on the I5, i wouldn't mind a little sidewalls bump on these low profile tyres.
There are a lot more reasonable options available in 255/50R20. though, I personally would of course stick to Michelin only.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-2.png

P.S.: I have a nag of up-sizing OEM tyres. My past upsizes are listed as under:
2016 Fortuner AWD AT: 265/65R17 Upsized to Yoko G015 275/65R17. (Sold)
2016 2.8 Innova Crysta Z AT: 215/55R17 Upsized to Michelin Primacy 4 225/55R17. (Running 2nd set)
2022 ScorpioN Z8L 4x4 AT: 255/60R18 Upsized to 285/60R18.
2023 Ioniq 5: 255/45R20....... TBD

Last edited by Lego28 : 27th February 2024 at 14:35. Reason: Added P.S.
Lego28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 14:27   #612
BHPian

A few Pictures from my Recent trip to Gujarat. Covered some 3500 odd kms in 8 days. Will try to put up a travelogue soon.
We were 4.5 persons on board. All the passengers (my parents, wife and 1yo kid) loved the ride quality/space and comfort of this one. and this comes from people who have done most of the trips in the last 8 yrs in an Innova Crysta 2.8Z AT.
Full Disclosure: Rear occupants occasionaly missed the dedicated 2nd row A/C of Crysta/Fortuner/ScorpioN tho, the rear vents are pretty useless.

Places Covered:
Udaipur
Diu
Gir
Somnath
Dwarka
Rann Of Kutch

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240227-2.17.31-pm.jpeg
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240227-2.17.32-pm.jpeg
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240227-2.08.15-pm.jpeg
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240221-2.34.02-pm.jpeg
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240227-2.18.22-pm.jpeg
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240227-2.08.14-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Lego28 : 27th February 2024 at 14:43.
Lego28 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:34   #613

Thought I would share this with you all - There is a screen protector/screen guard now available in India. I worked with the guys in armour guard (had sent him my measurements + the plastic applicator/protector which comes pre installed . They developed one and have made it available.

I installed this - very smooth and totally worth it. Just so you know, the ones available from the US almost cost 25 bucks and more (worse even the screen guards are left hand drive aligned )..

Some pics attached as well..

Below is the link to order -

https://armourguards.co.in/products/...b61ae84bc&_ss=
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_5291.jpeg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_5292.jpeg  

v_avinash is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:55   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_avinash View Post
Thought I would share this with you all - There is a screen protector/screen guard now available in India.
Nice for the long run, but isn’t it adding a lot of glare and distortion? Or is it the camera angle and sunny conditions?
Old 28th February 2024, 16:57   #615

I should have got better pictures - but no glare, absolutely OK . You can see it was quite hot (1 pm ) when I took these a few days back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks