Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2023, 10:14   #466

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgelectric View Post
Is anyone dealing with an unbearable rattling sound coming from the boot? I have got the spacers on the tailgate greased and that has solved the issue for now but I was wondering if there are any permanent fixes for the problem.
Same here. Hyundai released a TSB for this fix. Link here. Planning to get it done at the workshop when I visit for the first service.

TSB link - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...35339-0001.pdf
Maldini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 21:19   #467
BHPian

For those who have experienced this car in person / own this car, how well put together is it compared with a Tucson/Tiguan/C5/GLA? Overall build, interior quality? This is 10 lacs ex-showroom more than the top end Tucson - I'm sure the 72.5kwh battery is also very expensive. So what's the deal?
Old 25th September 2023, 21:55   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
For those who have experienced this car in person / own this car, how well put together is it compared with a Tucson/Tiguan/C5/GLA? Overall build, interior quality? This is 10 lacs ex-showroom more than the top end Tucson - I'm sure the 72.5kwh battery is also very expensive. So what's the deal?
The Ioniq 5 is a flagship product which has state of the art tech and is also future ready. With intense focus on moving to EVs , the ioniq 5 has better tech than the luxury SUVs. You will only be able to understand the difference if you see the car in person. Also what the car has to offer on the EV front is immense savings and instant acceleration.
Old 25th September 2023, 22:11   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
The Ioniq 5 is a flagship product which has state of the art tech and is also future ready. With intense focus on moving to EVs , the ioniq 5 has better tech than the luxury SUVs. You will only be able to understand the difference if you see the car in person. Also what the car has to offer on the EV front is immense savings and instant acceleration.
He was asking about build quality, not the tech that it has. The tech is well known.
Old 26th September 2023, 06:12   #470
BHPian

Just got the delivery of the car. Had to quickly travel post pick up so will post a review soon.

One thing that seems to be a flag for me was that the form20 says month and year of manufacture is Jan 2023. Now the first batch of cars itself were delivered somewhere around April, so was wondering if this actually makes sense.

Given that car itself came only after temp registration, not sure there is anything that could be done too. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 26th September 2023, 07:01   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
He was asking about build quality, not the tech that it has. The tech is well known.
Exactly, fundamental quality and feel of the car (sans gizmos). Although I realise that the difference in showroom price (being only 10 lacs) is largely on account of the GST benefit currently available, so that aspect can ignored.
Old 26th September 2023, 12:23   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, fundamental quality and feel of the car (sans gizmos). Although I realise that the difference in showroom price (being only 10 lacs) is largely on account of the GST benefit currently available, so that aspect can ignored.
You said that it is 10 lakhs more than the others right? So, how does the GST benefit factor in here? Confused about this.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2023 at 05:18. Reason: Capital letters
Old 26th September 2023, 13:21   #473
BHPian

Quote:
You said that it is 10 lakhs MORE than the others right? So, how does the GST benefit factor in here? Confused about this.
As far as I am aware, the GST forming part of the ex-showroom price for the Ioniq5 EV is only 5% and there is no compensation cess, but for a Tucson is 28% GST + 22% compensation cess (aggregating to 50%). There is a huge tax incentive on EVs. There is also significant savings in road tax.

Both are CKD so a 15% basic customs duty is applicable on both.

If the Ioniq5 is taxed to death like normal ICEs (and unfortunately hybrids as well), the on-road price in Mumbai would be touching INR 65-70 lacs. A 22-25 lacs difference over a Tucson would not sound so rosy would it? Currently the on-road price difference is about 7-8 lacs, making it a great value proposition.

Grab you EV while you can. The savings for early adopters are huge. I'm sure the government will gradually bring taxation up to ICE levels in the next few years. The hope is that battery packs become significantly cheaper to offset that tax hit - if they don't, EVs will become super expensive, and ICEs will be banned.

Tax experts please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Fiero : 26th September 2023 at 13:32.
Fiero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 00:02   #474
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I am aware, the GST forming part of the ex-showroom price for the Ioniq5 EV is only 5% and there is no compensation cess, but for a Tucson is 28% GST + 22% compensation cess (aggregating to 50%). There is a huge tax incentive on EVs. There is also significant savings in road tax.

Both are CKD so a 15% basic customs duty is applicable on both.

If the Ioniq5 is taxed to death like normal ICEs (and unfortunately hybrids as well), the on-road price in Mumbai would be touching INR 65-70 lacs. A 22-25 lacs difference over a Tucson would not sound so rosy would it? Currently the on-road price difference is about 7-8 lacs, making it a great value proposition.

Grab you EV while you can. The savings for early adopters are huge. I'm sure the government will gradually bring taxation up to ICE levels in the next few years. The hope is that battery packs become significantly cheaper to offset that tax hit - if they don't, EVs will become super expensive, and ICEs will be banned.

Tax experts please correct me if I am wrong.
This is correct but your original post on the pricing was confusing.
Old 27th September 2023, 09:16   #475
BHPian

Quote:
This is correct but your original post on the pricing was confusing.
Yes. I was initially wondering how Hyundai has been able to give a full electric at just 10 lacs over the ex-showroom price of a Tucson Diesel, and was hence wondering about the overall build and feel. But if you apply the taxes as above:

1. Hyundai makes only about 22 lacs on the Tucson Diesel which a customer buys for 42 lacs on-road, whereas;

2. Hyundai makes about 43 lacs on the Ioniq5 a customer buys for 48 lacs on-road.

I'm sure the 21 lac difference is more than enough to cover the battery and tech cost. They probably have a margin to reduce the price by 7-8 lacs as taxes go up.

Last edited by Fiero : 27th September 2023 at 09:21.
Fiero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:40   #476

Hi,
I received mine a few days ago, same, Jan 2023 Manufacturing.
Mine is Gravity Gold, what color is yours?
The dealer has just sold a Black color which was manufactured in June 23.
Maybe something to do with the color!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Just got the delivery of the car. Had to quickly travel post pick up so will post a review soon.

One thing that seems to be a flag for me was that the form20 says month and year of manufacture is Jan 2023. Now the first batch of cars itself were delivered somewhere around April, so was wondering if this actually makes sense.

Given that car itself came only after temp registration, not sure there is anything that could be done too. Anyone else facing the same issue?
ElCapitan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 15:12   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I was initially wondering how Hyundai has been able to give a full electric at just 10 lacs over the ex-showroom price of a Tucson Diesel, and was hence wondering about the overall build and feel. But if you apply the taxes as above:

1. Hyundai makes only about 22 lacs on the Tucson Diesel which a customer buys for 42 lacs on-road, whereas;

2. Hyundai makes about 43 lacs on the Ioniq5 a customer buys for 48 lacs on-road.

I'm sure the 21 lac difference is more than enough to cover the battery and tech cost. They probably have a margin to reduce the price by 7-8 lacs as taxes go up.
Apologies but wanted to make a correction.

2. Hyundai makes about 38 lacs (not 43) on the Ioniq5 a customer buys for 48 lacs on-road. Didn't take into account the 15% BCD earlier.
Fiero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 16:51   #478

Hi All,

Since Custom sized option are not yet available has any one tried All Weather Floor Mats meant for other models that might fit well in the Ioniq 5?
The official mats are great but will not suitable for wet conditions.
I've tried a few brands but not found a good fit!
Old 27th September 2023, 22:54   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
Hi All,

Since Custom sized option are not yet available has any one tried All Weather Floor Mats meant for other models that might fit well in the Ioniq 5?
The official mats are great but will not suitable for wet conditions.
I've tried a few brands but not found a good fit!
Michelin from Amazon
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 13:15   #480
BANNED

EVs on the charge! Hyundai Ioniq 5 outsells 2023 target in 9 months

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India said it sold 750 units of the EV launched in January, with deliveries practically beginning in April. The figure is 50% more than what Hyundai had planned to sell during the entire year. As a result, the original target for the Ioniq 5 is now doubled to 1,000 units for this year
https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...game/104056011

Most Viewed