Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2023, 18:45   #451
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgelectric View Post
Is anyone dealing with an unbearable rattling sound coming from the boot? I have got the spacers on the tailgate greased and that has solved the issue for now but I was wondering if there are any permanent fixes for the problem.
Hyundai has released their official fix for this. Take a hammer and hammer the lock thingie.

Last edited by nidhikapoor : 16th September 2023 at 18:48.
Old 17th September 2023, 14:25   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgelectric View Post
Is anyone dealing with an unbearable rattling sound coming from the boot? I have got the spacers on the tailgate greased and that has solved the issue for now but I was wondering if there are any permanent fixes for the problem.
Ya did the same for the car.. just put some grease on it about a month back.. Seems to be ok so far.. i was wondering if it was some thing under the boot floor mat that wasn't tucked away properly.
Old 19th September 2023, 20:26   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Reporting back on the first service for the Ioniq5, overall a poor experience. Vehicle was picked up around lunch despite multiple calls and follow-ups, which already indicated it was just going to be a rush job.

I informed them of the only issue I had, that there was slight vibration in the steering wheel at higher speeds >100 and that balancing/alignment should be done.

After pick up and the courtesy vehicle received call from the SA, it was complete silence till evening. I inquired about when the vehicle would be returned at 7pm and was was informed the bill was Rs. 5000 for the first free service. Which lets be honest, seems excessive. I questioned how that is possible for a 3 month old vehicle and to share a bill copy. No bill copy shared. Thankfully Hyundai has a service estimate on their website (https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ice-calculator) upon sharing a screen shot of this, the bill was suddenly halved and sent to me for payment so the vehicle could be delivered. Which it then was in a very dirty condition.

So for the first service, bill was Rs. 2399 as indicated on the Hyundai website for the AC filter change @ 10000km, no balancing done despite the customer asking for it. Was informed they didn't notice any vibration when they did a road test. Dirty/Oily hand prints on the light coloured roof liner. Overall a poor experience which will mean I will now have to go elsewhere to get the vehicle cleaned and balancing done. Will be going to a different service center next time.
Can you please let us know which service center you had visited where you got this poor experience? Potential other folks here would then avoid the same if their quality of service remains the same and doesn’t improve?

Howe is the current experience coming along on Mumbai Roads with the Ioniq 5?
Old 20th September 2023, 08:34   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
Can you please let us know which service center you had visited where you got this poor experience?
This was actually the North Goa dealer.

After about 15 days after my post, I received a call from Hyundai asking about the issue despite me not naming names. They assured me their support in resolving any service related issues or any issues that might arise in the future, followed up by a visit from the local dealerships service manager the next day.

I had already had the car cleaned and balancing done outside so there was no need to take it further but it’s good to see Hyundai taking notice and acting on issues.

My car is regularly between Mumbai and Goa, at the moment - it’s in Mumbai and it’s been a lot of fun to drive. Roads are not an issue but if you’re not used to driving a wide vehicle (wider than your seltos/create variety) you will need to pay attention initiallytill you get the hang of it.

My full stek PPF (cost 1.5lakhs) has saved my vehicle twice as a rickshaw and a zomato delivery guy did scrape it and I have been sprayed by a truck carrying khadi once while doing the drive up from Goa despite keeping a a distance, but thankfully they didn’t get past the PPF and it was replaced to a new finish.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 08:55   #455
BHPian

I have a question for the owners.
What is the real world range you are getting out of the car ? What’s the mixture of highway/city in that range ?

I know the range depends on many conditions but being on this forum I believe most of our driving style would be the same.

I am contemplating on purchasing this vehicle around Diwali, my daily usage is around 85km out of which 65km will be highway/20km will be city.

Also out of those 85km I will be driving total of 2-3km on extreme bad roads/potholes or sometimes even no road at all.

Would buying this car makes sense considering all of the above ?

Thank you everyone
FourBanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:00   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBanger View Post
What is the real world range you are getting out of the car ? What’s the mixture of highway/city in that range ?

I know the range depends on many conditions but being on this forum I believe most of our driving style would be the same.
I get around 370ish doing my regular commute which is similar yours in terms of highway/city driving but it covers 140-150km per day. I usually charge every 2-2.5days just because i don’t like to take chances - if I hypermill and drive without AC etc I know I can get 450+. Usually get more range if I’m doing the Goa Mumbai drive stopping once along the way for a recharge as that is a little more conservative in terms of speed. AC is always on.

Your described commute can be achieved by any current gen EV on the market including the Comet probably, if you’re ok recharging daily. This kind of commute won’t be an issue for the Ioniq at all.

Last edited by zandot : 20th September 2023 at 10:13. Reason: Typos
zandot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 12:45   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Your described commute can be achieved by any current gen EV on the market including the Comet probably, if you’re ok recharging daily. This kind of commute won’t be an issue for the Ioniq at all.

Thank you for your reply

Yes I do know my Daily running can be achieved by any EV in the market, but the sole reason to ask for range was I do once in a month trip from Mumbai-Indore to and forth.

I am planning to make EV my one and only car in future instead of 2 ICE cars currently. So if I am able to achieve range of around 400 I can reach my destination in one break. Which is good enough for me.
Old 20th September 2023, 13:02   #458
BHPian

Guys Quick question - Did anyone of you opted for the extended warranty ? If yes, how much did it cost you ?

Also, i am planning to take delivery in Navratras. All payment formalities done. So will need some guidance to know what all have the previous owners opted for. I care package? Basic accessories ? What is included in accessories ? Please share some light on this.
Old 20th September 2023, 13:25   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Guys Quick question - Did anyone of you opted for the extended warranty ? If yes, how much did it cost you ?

Also, i am planning to take delivery in Navratras. All payment formalities done. So will need some guidance to know what all have the previous owners opted for. I care package? Basic accessories ? What is included in accessories ? Please share some light on this.
Hi. Extended warranty details are as attached. I have opted for the 4th and 5th year 100k slab.

I haven't been given any details of the I Care package.

I have taken the mats and front trunk liner. Mats are of decent quality and fit well. The frunk liner is also okay but blocks the frunk light.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EW_Pricelist_Slab1 (1).pdf (35.2 KB, 167 views)
Old 20th September 2023, 13:58   #460
BHPian

Quote:
What is the real world range you are getting out of the car ?
I am getting about 490 to 520 in Bangalore city driving with AC on at 23c. Normal city driving. When I tried Hypermiling couple of times, I got 650km. it was too boring to drive that way. Single person in the car. My vehicle does 90kms a day in the City and I charge once or max twice a week. This is with iPedal on.

On the highways, I got 430 kms from Bangalore to Chennai and 370 from Chennai to Bangalore. Similar highway driving style but the range difference was primarily due to altitude. This is with Auto Regen set at level 3. I did not have to stop for charging in either of the directions.
BlackRaven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 14:44   #461

Quote:
I drive 35 km per day in the city (no highway) and get around 550 km range. This is with high auto-regen setting. I follow 80% to 30% charging cycle & need to charge once in 7-8 days only. During my recent road trip to Hubballi from Bengaluru, managed to get an average of 430-440 km range at 90-110 km/hr speeds. On good roads limiting the speed to 110 km/hr is a big challenge though. I drove the car till 3% SoC and it was heartening to see that the drop in SoC was consistent throughout
BuyEVs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 08:34   #462
BHPian

Quote:
This was actually the North Goa dealer.

After about 15 days after my post, I received a call from Hyundai asking about the issue despite me not naming names. They assured me their support in resolving any service related issues or any issues that might arise in the future, followed up by a visit from the local dealerships service manager the next day.

I had already had the car cleaned and balancing done outside so there was no need to take it further but it’s good to see Hyundai taking notice and acting on issues.

My car is regularly between Mumbai and Goa, at the moment - it’s in Mumbai and it’s been a lot of fun to drive. Roads are not an issue but if you’re not used to driving a wide vehicle (wider than your seltos/create variety) you will need to pay attention initiallytill you get the hang of it.

My full stek PPF (cost 1.5lakhs) has saved my vehicle twice as a rickshaw and a zomato delivery guy did scrape it and I have been sprayed by a truck carrying khadi once while doing the drive up from Goa despite keeping a a distance, but thankfully they didn’t get past the PPF and it was replaced to a new finish.
Thank you for sharing this. Yes the width of the car will surely get used to especially when it comes to travelling through the narrow by lanes of Mumbai. PPF seems to be a must have on a car of this dimension.
Old 23rd September 2023, 00:44   #463
BHPian

Quick update - All amount due is paid and insurance done. The car now needs to be in transit. I am expecting the delivery to happen in first navratras as we do not take anything new in Shradhs.

Eagerly waiting for the D Day to arrive. All formalities done.
Old 23rd September 2023, 00:46   #464
BHPian

Does anyone have the list of the accessories for the Ioniq 5 ?
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:56   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Does anyone have the list of the accessories for the Ioniq 5 ?
It’s already been posted twice on this thread, maybe page 9 or 10, please check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks