Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 20:56   #331
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

It is good to see the positive reviews around the IONIQ, someone in my complex had called one over for a test drive and I took the chance to check it out. The car seems fantastic, loved the interiors, the space and the overall look of the car. I do plan to purchase an electric car the next time I upgrade in about 3-4 years and the IONIQ is pretty high on the list alongside the Cooper SE. Hopefully a couple more small premium EVs should also be available by then. My parking spot unfortunately restricts the cars I can buy to narrow cars.
Old 19th June 2023, 22:43   #332

Talking about settings, one more thats not present in most electrics is the setting to lock the gun when inserted.

So, I live in an apartment complex - where I got the 11KVA wall charger (that comes with the car) and a 15 amp plug installed. Call me paranoid but I am hesitant to use 11 KVA in the basement of a building while so many people are sleeping on floors above. (I know the wiring gets earthed through and through but somehow engineer in me can somehow hear the nonexistent 11 KVA generator whirring)
So, more often than not I use the good old 15 amp plug. There was one issue however, the 15 amp plug is not protected by any RFID tags. And the default setting is when not powered on, you can remove the gun from the charging slot. So, anyone could just switch off the charger in the middle of the night and could walk away with the portable charger. Compared to where I live, it was more of a risk when I charged at hotels during my overnight stays.

You can change the setting though in charging settings through the dashboard display. From default , you can change it to, gun only gets removed when you unlock the car door. Which makes it quite secure, when you think abt the overall process. Just thought of adding my 2 watts … lol

Happy motoring everyone!

[quote=xfu67;5569193]Hi, all,

Just took delivery of our Ioniq 5 a couple of days ago. Very happy with the car, overall. A few observations, in case it helps anyone else:

1. I was constantly getting a warning message saying "children crossing ahead", which was happening every few minutes, when there were no children around. Turns out this was a warning not from the ADAS, but the Navigation system which had detected a school nearby. Was able to turn this off in the Alerts section of the Navigation settings.

2. I was not a fan of the beep of the horn on locking/unlocking the car. Turned this off by holding the lock & unlock buttons down simultaneously for a few seconds, till the lights will flash four times.
Maldini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 10:25   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Sounds like the Car's Bluelink network range is not good? Try moving the car to a location where the network symbol for the bluelink is strong (you should see it on the car's dashboard display).
Thank you.
Did try it in a few different locations, and the signal strength is always showing full or close to it.
Old 20th June 2023, 11:20   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfu67 View Post
Also, still trying to figure out the all-weather mats. Was there a particular dealer from which you got them? And did they ship to India or did you have it forwarded to you here?
The UK link for the mats is https://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.uk.../hyundaiioniq5

They refused to ship to India as they said freight to India is 90GBP in itself so I had them ship to a UK address (24 hour free delivery via Parcelforce) and picked them up. You can also try a UK drop shipping service but the mats are heavy so might be cheaper to ask someone to bring them back for you.
zandot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 13:51   #335
BHPian

Saw this article posted on a EV subreddit. Many ioniq 5's are abruptly shutting off when driving.

The culprit seems to be the 12v battery electricals and the charging/management by the vehicle.

News link - https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/popula...re-on-drivers/

Reddit discussion thread - https://old.reddit.com/r/electricveh...tting_off_out/
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:01   #336

Quote:
Thank you.
Did try it in a few different locations, and the signal strength is always showing full or close to it.
Quick update. I reached out to the franchise and they reset something and now am able to login to bluelink.
Old 22nd June 2023, 14:02   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
Quick update. I reached out to the franchise and they reset something and now am able to login to bluelink.
Thanks very much! Just reached out to them yesterday, too. Awaiting a response.
Did you have to take your car in or did they do it remotely?
Old 22nd June 2023, 14:29   #338

They did it remotely.

Quote:
Thanks very much! Just reached out to them yesterday, too. Awaiting a response.
Did you have to take your car in or did they do it remotely?
Maldini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 12:33   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
They did it remotely.
Oh! I think they may have reset / deleted your profile that exists on the server. At least that's what my IT dimag thinks. Just one of the several possibilities.
Old 27th June 2023, 21:44   #340
BHPian

Hi All,

Need quick help from your side. I am torn between the BYD Atto 3 and the Ioniq 5. There is a full 13 lacs difference in the price.

Though i love the ioniq 5, I am not willing to stretch my budget. Did anyone of you face a similar challenge ( i hope not) and if yes, what helped you decide in favour or against the ioniq 5

Any inputs will be appreciated.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 19:28   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi All,

Need quick help from your side. I am torn between the BYD Atto 3 and the Ioniq 5. There is a full 13 lacs difference in the price.

Though i love the ioniq 5, I am not willing to stretch my budget. Did anyone of you face a similar challenge ( i hope not) and if yes, what helped you decide in favour or against the ioniq 5

Any inputs will be appreciated.
With BYD Atto 3, you'll get similar range, performance, features and manufacturer reliability at three-fourths the price. Plus you don't have to share the Hyundai fraternity that also consists of rashly driven Creta's .

But will you be clicking random pics of your car in the parking lot for no reason?

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_4043-copy-copy.jpg

To make it easier for me, I chose to not visit the BYD dealer or request a test drive . Because I know I might have been in the same tussle between the head and heart if I did! It helped that the Ioniq 5 was more popular globally and priced not too differently from other countries, which is unusual for most premium cars sold in India.

Okay useful advice now: Ioniq 5 is longer and slightly wider than Atto 3. If it happens to be too big for your parking spot, the decision is easier! Another factor could be the paint color as Ioniq 5 is available only in white, black and gravity gold.

Last edited by ricky_speed : 29th June 2023 at 19:36.
ricky_speed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 18:02   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post
With BYD Atto 3, you'll get similar range, performance, features and manufacturer reliability at three-fourths the price. Plus you don't have to share the Hyundai fraternity that also consists of rashly driven Creta's .

But will you be clicking random pics of your car in the parking lot for no reason?

Attachment 2469871

To make it easier for me, I chose to not visit the BYD dealer or request a test drive . Because I know I might have been in the same tussle between the head and heart if I did! It helped that the Ioniq 5 was more popular globally and priced not too differently from other countries, which is unusual for most premium cars sold in India.

Okay useful advice now: Ioniq 5 is longer and slightly wider than Atto 3. If it happens to be too big for your parking spot, the decision is easier! Another factor could be the paint color as Ioniq 5 is available only in white, black and gravity gold.

Thanks so much for sharing the insights. I am still trying to think weather it is worth 12 lacs of additional amount out of which half will be additional loan
Old 30th June 2023, 20:54   #343

Got a confirmation call from the dealer. Expecting my Ioniq in about 20-25 days. Excited. Any car care suggested before I hit the road ??
Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th June 2023 at 21:27. Reason: i --> I
Old 4th July 2023, 17:25   #344
BHPian

Had to jumpstart my other car today using the Ioniq5 so thought I’ll take a few pictures for you and any others not sure about how to get to the battery.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_2165.jpeg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_2167.jpeg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ezgif.comoptimize.gif

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_2170.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Can someone share a video on how to do this (disconnect and reconnect the 12v battery) in our car specifically.

Last edited by zandot : 4th July 2023 at 17:47.
zandot is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 15:23   #345
BHPian

Hi, is the Ioniq 5 available in India, the same as the 2023 Ioniq 5 available globally without the AWD option

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks