Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2023, 22:37   #196

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Can you share name of the RS agent that gave you this quote. I shared this quote with my RS agent and he says he can try to get approval for it if agent who gave this quote can be identified.
The agent's name is Pradeepas.

Hope that helps
roshan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 00:09   #197
BHPian

Anyone actually manage to procure mats? It’s summer right now so I can make do. But will need proper mats soon. And sadly they don’t make a lot of aftermarket mats for RHD. All the good aftermarket ones are LHD.
Old 20th April 2023, 13:38   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Anyone actually manage to procure mats? It’s summer right now so I can make do. But will need proper mats soon. And sadly they don’t make a lot of aftermarket mats for RHD. All the good aftermarket ones are LHD.
I picked up the floor mats, boot mats and car cover from the dealer. These are supposed to be standard accessaries from Hyundai. Quality is just above average. Everything except rear seat mat has Ioniq 5 branding.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-bootmat.jpg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-rearseatmat.jpg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-frontpassengermat.jpg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-drivermat.jpg  

raghavv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 13:42   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
I picked up the floor mats, boot mats and car cover from the dealer. These are supposed to be standard accessaries from Hyundai. Quality is just above average. Everything except rear seat mat has Ioniq 5 branding.
Is the fitting of the mats perfectly mapped to the car?
Old 20th April 2023, 16:06   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Is the fitting of the mats perfectly mapped to the car?
The rear seat one is not such a great fit. All others, yes!
Old 20th April 2023, 17:04   #201
BHPian

Did anyone receive any information about Extended warranty?
Old 20th April 2023, 23:34   #202
BHPian

"It is definitely a stunner. Was turning heads the entire trip. And it’s not just a casual glance.. people genuinely whip their heads to look at it."

Agreed. Looks really futuristic and classy. When I saw the interior photo I thought it was a concept before remembering you drove it home. Congrats on the purchase.

Are you planning road trips etc. in the future? If yes do share.
Old 21st April 2023, 00:03   #203
BHPian

I found this Matte Paint care guide for Ioniq 5 by Hyundai Ireland.

On a separate note, what was the ODO that you received your car with? I got it at 43km, 50% charge, visible mud on carpet in front on central console, and a VIVO phone already paired to it. I know the dealership stockyard is no more than 10-15km.

It probably doesn't matter, as the car was otherwise in good condition. Perhaps the driver that delivered from the stockyard just paired his phone!
ricky_speed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 03:44   #204
BHPian

I’ve been chasing hyundai too for these. The generic Michelin rubber mats on Amazon are of decent quality as a temporary stop gap.

Alternatively if you know someone going to the UK you can always ask them to get a set from there, there’s a few on eBay UK but none of the sellers ship to India though I’ve emailed all of them to see if they will.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154920563402

https://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.uk...r-floor-mats-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post

Last edited by zandot : 21st April 2023 at 03:51.
Old 21st April 2023, 09:27   #205
BHPian

Quote:
The rear seat one is not such a great fit. All others, yes!
How much did the accessories you bought cost individually?
Old 21st April 2023, 11:16   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Cool. I’ve asked the dealer to send these to me along with my plates. Sadly all the aftermarket ones that are good are only made for LHD. There was a link for plush mats on the Ioniq forum but people said they smell a lot and need to be aired out before use. Might order them to try if they ship to India though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3lby View Post
"It is definitely a stunner. Was turning heads the entire trip. And it’s not just a casual glance.. people genuinely whip their heads to look at it."

Agreed. Looks really futuristic and classy. When I saw the interior photo I thought it was a concept before remembering you drove it home. Congrats on the purchase.

Are you planning road trips etc. in the future? If yes do share.
Haha yeah it does look like a concept. The matte paint definitely adds to that.

Not planning any road trips at the moment. I’m flying to the land that brought us the Ioniq for 3 weeks. Will be in Korea for a vacation. Will do a few trips when I come back.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 17:26   #207
BHPian

Quote:
How much did the accessories you bought cost individually?
Please see my post (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5529140 (Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review)
) on price list above.

Last edited by raghavv : 21st April 2023 at 17:29.
Old 22nd April 2023, 12:07   #208
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spent a few days with the Ioniq 5, including a highway trip. Charging was done overnight via the 15A plugs in my compound.

Simply fantastic EV. Keeping in mind the kind of car you are getting for the price, I have no hesitation in saying this is the best EV on sale in India today. I love the EV6 as well, but its CBU pricing makes the Ioniq 5 a no-brainer choice over the Kia. For 46-lakhs, you get a proper EV built on a dedicated electric car platform with all the latest technology. The styling is smart & futuristic (European-car & VW inspirations are obvious), the spacious interiors are "wow" and practical, the EV motor's tuning is spot on, the range sufficient and the ride / handling balance is neutral. The amenities, touchscreen & tech interface are beautiful. Its charging tech is future-ready and way ahead of anything India offers today.

The Ioniq 5 is actually fun to drive! Drive it and you'll see Hyundai-Kia's mega ambitions. Forget Honda & Toyota which seem like dinosaurs in comparison peddling 20-year old technology, the Ioniq 5 even blows the luxury brands away in terms of EV tech. The BMW i4 feels lame in comparison, like yesterday's technology & packaging.

Dislikes & Wishlist: AWD variant with more power (EV6 offers this), darker interiors (these will get dirty soon), very shallow boot, no rear wiper, needs proper rear AC vents (not on the B-Pillar), not a crossover (more like a raised hatchback), punchier bass from a powerful subwoofer.

I would buy this car over many of the 50 - 70 lakh European luxury cars. Whether petrol, diesel or electric. Not all of them, but definitely some (A4, Q3, X1, GLA, GLC, GLB). About 15 of my friends & family saw the car and 100% of them were super impressed with it. When I asked them if they'd buy it, 60% said yes, but 40% said "50-lakhs for a Hyundai? No".

Thanks to Omkar for these pictures!
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ioniq-3.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ioniq-1.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ioniq-2.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ioniq-4.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2023 at 12:23.
GTO is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 13:59   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone receive any information about Extended warranty?
I got something from Hyundai on this. Had asked my RM to share the T&C's as the dealer just had the EW pricelist. They shared a snippet of new vehicle warranty and confirmed on email that the same terms apply to extended warranty.

Btw, I was informed that battery degradation is "not being disclosed yet" which I find strange.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-hyundai-ioniq-5-warranty.png  

thesidmania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 15:36   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesidmania View Post
I got something from Hyundai on this. Had asked my RM to share the T&C's as the dealer just had the EW pricelist. They shared a snippet of new vehicle warranty and confirmed on email that the same terms apply to extended warranty.

Btw, I was informed that battery degradation is "not being disclosed yet" which I find strange.
Can you share the Extended Warranty price list you received? My dealer is clueless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks