Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 16:25   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Hyundai is Messing up big time. Just got a call that the car is still in transit and won’t be here before the 16th. Then they want to take the car, drive it down to Nashik. Register it. Take it back to thane and then call us for a celebration. Which will take 3-4 days and is pointless because I’m flying out of the country on the 18th! Such horrible lethargic behavior from them! This is despite their Electric vehicle department manager promising me delivery by the 14th under any circumstance.

Ridiculous planning on their part.
Perhaps you can take the car with the temporary registration first, and do the permanent registration later, if it’s feasible.
Old 15th April 2023, 20:09   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post
Perhaps you can take the car with the temporary registration first, and do the permanent registration later, if it’s feasible.
That’s what we told them from the start. But they’re flip flopping.
Old 15th April 2023, 20:58   #168

Quote:
Hyundai is Messing up big time. Just got a call that the car is still in transit and won’t be here before the 16th. Then they want to take the car, drive it down to Nashik. Register it. Take it back to thane and then call us for a celebration. Which will take 3-4 days and is pointless because I’m flying out of the country on the 18th! Such horrible lethargic behavior from them! This is despite their Electric vehicle department manager promising me delivery by the 14th under any circumstance.

Even I have stopped believing their words for commitments in terms of dates. I have been promised a test drive since FEB, which I have not got yet, and now they are asking me to make the payment to get the delivery soon.
Old 15th April 2023, 21:55   #169

Quote:

I think many of these issues are also due to public holidays in India and not so easy and different registration procedures in different states.

I am being promised delivery 1 month early, at the end of April instead of May; which looks positive as of now.
Old 15th April 2023, 22:11   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshan007 View Post
Even I have stopped believing their words for commitments in terms of dates. I have been promised a test drive since FEB, which I have not got yet, and now they are asking me to make the payment to get the delivery soon.
My first has already gone through but the car isn’t in my hands yet. 😂
Old 15th April 2023, 22:26   #171
BHPian

Quote:
If you’re willing to risk it, perhaps fill in a cancellation request and they might be able to prioritise the test drive. In any case, a date could have been allotted instead of keeping the customer in the dark.

Quote:
My first has already gone through but the car isn’t in my hands yet. 😂
It’s kind of crazy to be not given access to a car that has been completely paid for, and already has a temp registration in your name. The direct to customer model isn’t completely sorted yet.
Old 16th April 2023, 00:39   #172
BHPian

I took delivery of my Ioniq on Saturday with temporary registration. My dealership was super helpful in arranging everything as per plan. Dealership would get the permanent registration plates on Monday/Tuesday.

Car is an absolute head turner, with lots of curious riders / driver checking it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ioniqday1pic.jpeg  

raghavv is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 01:13   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
I took delivery of my Ioniq on Saturday with temporary registration. My dealership was super helpful in arranging everything as per plan. Dealership would get the permanent registration plates on Monday/Tuesday.

Car is an absolute head turner, with lots of curious riders / driver checking it out.
Let’s see how things go. I guess mine is tougher since I live in a different city from the dealer.

It looks stunning! Can’t wait to get my hands on my own.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 14:40   #174
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations! The large dimensions of the car look apt in the background of your american suburb looking neighborhood!
ricky_speed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 23:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

FYI For iPhone users. The magnetic pad next to instrument display is more like a fridge surface which you can put a magnet on. The iPhone doesn't stick to it in any way. I checked since I was curious as-well.
Old 17th April 2023, 13:30   #176
BHPian

Quote:

They figured it out. Going to take delivery at 3pm today.
Old 17th April 2023, 18:49   #177

Quote:
I too got false promises on the test drive. I tweeted Hyundai india , got a call from them. I registered a complaint and got the TD in 2 days.
Old 17th April 2023, 23:36   #178
BHPian

So somehow managed to pick it up. It is the second Ioniq to be delivered in the state.

Drove it down to my city and it was a very pleasant ride.

Car was received at 75% battery. Reached my destination 160km away and it’s at 40%.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-3ddb885997ad4afebc27a1588b3510b5.jpeg

I’m guessing the range will be ~400km.

The ride was very pliant despite the 50 psi tire pressure! WHY DEALERS? WHY? JUST FILL THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE. PLEASE.

The car drove well, despite the softer suspension, it handles very well. I guess it comes down to the skateboard architecture and rear wheel drive.

Interiors feel well built and solid despite being CKD. I see some panel gaps but idk if that’s how it’s supposed to be or it’s just from being a CKD. Also the sound system feels better than the EV6 as of now with much punchier bass albeit at the cost of very muddy mids. And the speakers aren’t even burned in yet.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-917536b36a194bd29abd02b140359240.jpeg

It is definitely a stunner. Was turning heads the entire trip. And it’s not just a casual glance.. people genuinely whip their heads to look at it. I’m actually very tired for today. Will look into it more tomorrow.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-0f2013b6590041a0b1a85ef8e9fc9f95.jpeg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-6b87a3849f51473aa8bd7bc2b2932e00.jpeg

Last edited by venom_op : 17th April 2023 at 23:43.
venom_op is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 23:38   #179
BHPian

Quote:
So somehow managed to pick it up. It is the second Ioniq to be delivered in the state.

Drove it down to my city and it was a very pleasant ride.

Car was received at 75% battery. Reached my destination 160km away and it’s at 40%.

Attachment 2441364

I’m guessing the range will be ~400km.

The ride was very pliant despite the 50 psi tire pressure! WHY DEALERS? WHY? JUST FILL THE MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE. PLEASE.

The car drove well, despite the softer suspension, it handles very well. I guess it comes down to the skateboard architecture and rear wheel drive.

Interiors feel well built and solid despite being CKD. I see some panel gaps but idk if that’s how it’s supposed to be or it’s just from being a CKD. Also the sound system feels better than the EV6 as of now with much punchier bass albeit at the cost of very muddy mids. And the speakers aren’t even burned in yet.

Attachment 2441363

It is definitely a stunner. Was turning heads the entire trip. And it’s not just a casual glance.. people genuinely whip their heads to look at it. I’m actually very tired for today. Will look into it more tomorrow.

Attachment 2441361

Attachment 2441362
Congratulations, can't wait for mine to be delivered!
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 23:42   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Congratulations, can't wait for mine to be delivered!
Hope you get it soon! I feel You won’t be disappointed.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks