Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 16:58   #91
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
This seems like a excellent car to own! Have a query though - Can BYD Atto 3 owners please give details around the service intervals? With a single dealership presence in Mumbai + thane + Navi Mumbai area
Also the dealer recently told me that the launch offers are still valid. Can anyone who has bought this vehicle recently confirm the same?
The following are the launch offers
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 Review-img20230714wa0010.jpg  

StrykerEV05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 23:45   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerEV05 View Post
Also the dealer recently told me that the launch offers are still valid. Can anyone who has bought this vehicle recently confirm the same?
The following are the launch offers
This is true as I provisionally booked the Atto 3 and this is exactly what they are offering to its customers.

My only concern is the indian govts push to go anti chinese and the resale of EVs. Should i proceed with the purchase or go for innova hycross hybrid as EVs are still unkown.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 14:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
My only concern is the indian govts push to go anti chinese and the resale of EVs. Should i proceed with the purchase or go for innova hycross hybrid as EVs are still unkown.
Go for this blindly, it is a very well built car, latest in EV Tech. I was torn between Ioniq5 and Atto3, I am thinking of going for atto3 because the 12 lakh premium that the latter commands doesn't seem worth it. The car is definitely a looker but the Byd Atto3 is quicker to the ton. Also the battery tech of BYD is far more advanced, i believe it will age well.
I am not going for this immediately, might think of it 6 months down the line. I'm struggling with attachment issues with my current car - Nexon EV which I bought in December 2021.
First thought of going for the ZS EV as an upgrade but it is based on old architecture not the E GMP. So it wouldn't be a significant upgrade. Atto3 certainly is a wholesome upgrade and the deals (launch offers) makes it an even more compelling proposition. Which colour are you planning to go for? I like the blue shade, my Nexon EV is also Blue.
Old 19th July 2023, 16:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
I'm struggling with attachment issues with my current car - Nexon EV which I bought in December 2021.
If I may ask, why are you looking to upgrade a 1.5 year old Nexon EV? I have been reading here that there is a facelift with ADAS, etc that will be launched next month, so have been waiting for that. ZS EV is another option too.

Given the government's stance against Chinese car manufacturers and Atto in specific (JV got rejected recently), after sales service and resale value of the car is up in the air...
Old 19th July 2023, 16:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
If I may ask, why are you looking to upgrade a 1.5 year old Nexon EV? I have been reading here that there is a facelift with ADAS, etc that will be launched next month, so have been waiting for that. ZS EV is another option too.

Given the government's stance against Chinese car manufacturers and Atto in specific (JV got rejected recently), after sales service and resale value of the car is up in the air...
You sure about the JV being rejected? I could see a few comments on the same but no definite action.

To the selling of Nexon EV part, it's not that the car lacks anything. In fact I'm not selling the car. My mom is looking to upgrade from her Hyundai Xcent (2015 December model). She knows my love for cars so she's offered to take this from me and I can go and buy a new car. My budget is around 20-25 lakhs, but I can make the stretch to 35 - Thanks to a 7% flat car loan I get since I work at a bank. The only place I feel the inadequacy of the car is in road trips. I'm having to charge the car every 160-170km. I knew of this limitation when I was buying the car but the deal back then was too good to miss. I got the 2.5 lakh early bird offer which helped me get my XZ+ Nexon EV for just 14.1 lakhs on road including insurance. Which today is of about 17.2

I am waiting for the new Nexon EV to be launched, if that offers state-of-the-art features at 20 lakh I might go for that instead of the Byd Atto3. Also if the range is close to 500km it would be great since it'll translate to about 350km in real life. The EV Max is a great car too, let's wait for it. If at about 20 lakhs the new Nexon EV Max is able to offer 80-90% of what BYD offers for 36, I will go for it.

One thing to note however is that the new Nexon EV won't be on the E GMP Skateboard architecture since it is not a born EV. Born EVs seem like a decent upgrade from my current ride.

Another car which would be coming up soon is the Harrier EV. Given the size it could easily offer 500km+ on one full charge (Real world 350+). Due to these my decision is on hold as of now, since mom can manage using the same car for another 6-12 months. Meanwhile if I get a 1.5-2 lakh discount on the Atto3 I will go for it blindly!
StrykerEV05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 17:22   #96
BHPian

Quote:
You sure about the JV being rejected? I could see a few comments on the same but no definite action.
Here is one of the articles that I am referring to - https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../101773537.cms

Given the overall sentiment about Chinese companies (not just in India, but world over) and our precedent of banning companies like Tiktok, Alibaba, etc, my take is that India won't make it easy for BYD. It will be a long drawn out process and there are more than enough domestic and other players who are operating in this space, so the government won't be forced to agree.

Quote:
To the selling of Nexon EV part, it's not that the car lacks anything. In fact I'm not selling the car.
Got it.

Quote:
I am waiting for the new Nexon EV to be launched, if that offers state-of-the-art features at 20 lakh I might go for that instead of the Byd Atto3. Also if the range is close to 500km it would be great since it'll translate to about 350km in real life. The EV Max is a great car too, let's wait for it. If at about 20 lakhs the new Nexon EV Max is able to offer 80-90% of what BYD offers for 36, I will go for it.

One thing to note however is that the new Nexon EV won't be on the E GMP Skateboard architecture since it is not a born EV. Born EVs seem like a decent upgrade from my current ride.
Understood - my use case is a bit different. I am looking for a city car (have another 7 seater SUV (XUV 500) that takes care of our inter city trips, so we are looking for an EV to replace our Honda Jazz.

Quote:
Another car which would be coming up soon is the Harrier EV.
Interesting - will keep an eye out for it, but it might be too big for our city car requirement
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:34   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
Have a query though - Can BYD Atto 3 owners please give details around the service intervals?
First service was at 5000 km or 3 months. Second is at 20000 km or 1 year. In Hyderabad, the service centre provided free pickup and drop and the first service was absolutely free.

Even though it has been 5 months and 10k+ km (3 - 4 out of town trips) the car still puts smile on my face whenever I step on to the driver seat.
rknair is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 18:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

BYD India has delivered 200 ATTO 3 Electric Passenger Vehicles in a grand event on 17th September 2023.

We're thrilled to announce that BYD India has delivered 200 ATTO 3 Electric Passenger Vehicles in a grand event on 17th September 2023!

Spanning across six major Indian cities - Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kochi, these simultaneous events were a celebration of innovation, sustainability, and our commitment to our customers.

Link

BYD Atto 3 Review-smartselect_20230918183959_instagram.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-smartselect_20230918184007_instagram.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-smartselect_20230918184016_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th September 2023 at 21:38. Reason: Added details from link.
Venkatesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 10:10   #99
BHPian

Dear All Atto 3 owners. Would request to share your long term review of the Atto 3 and how has been your overall experience with the car.

Am contemplating and evaluating to go in for either Atto 3 or Ioniq 5 hence wanted to have your views on overall Atto 3 experience. Thank you!
Old 13th October 2023, 13:00   #100
BHPian

My BYD Dealer surprised us today with a chocolate box on their 16th anniversary in India.

BYD Atto 3 Review-169717940186749c049e20de64bc38b4f3ccbeecc66f6_.jpg
BYD Atto 3 Review-img_20231013_122224197.jpg
rknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:47   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
My BYD Dealer surprised us today with a chocolate box on their 16th anniversary in India.
16 years? Where were they? Unless they were supplying components
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 16:07   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
16 years? Where were they? Unless they were supplying components
They entered India in 2007, but till last year they were not consumer facing. Started as mobile phone, battery and electronic component manufacturer for Nokia, and still the factory operates in Chennai and manufacturing components for Vivo, Oppo, Xiomi. In 2013, they started manufacturing electric buses in India and more than 1000 buses in Maharastra, Kerala etc are running. They are also a big name in electric fork lifts used in factories and warehouses.

rknair is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 17:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
They entered India in 2007, but till last year they were not consumer facing. Started as mobile phone, battery and electronic component manufacturer for Nokia, and still the factory operates in Chennai and manufacturing components for Vivo, Oppo, Xiomi. In 2013, they started manufacturing electric buses in India and more than 1000 buses in Maharastra, Kerala etc are running. They are also a big name in electric fork lifts used in factories and warehouses.
Perhaps they should talk about these as part of brand building. Many people still think of BYD as relatively unknown brand here.
Old 13th October 2023, 19:02   #104
BHPian

True. I did lot of research on the company and the model before I decided to go for Atto3. They have been in battery and power electronics side for a long long time much longer than even Tesla. Most of the people who are unaware are concerned about the longevity of the company and the brand. The stigma of being a Chinese company in India is also not helping them.
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 00:15   #105
BHPian

I drove the Atto3 today. My cousin has the Atto3 and while I had driven the car a few months back.. it was before I had gotten my car, the MG ZS, and didn't have much to compare.

I had to borrow my cousin's car for a small outing today and I'm writing this to say that the Atto3 is such a solid car. The door thuds, the steering and the highlight of them all -- the suspension, they feel sturdy. Especially, after the insane sideways movement and feeling every bit of the road in the ZS' cabin, the suspension of the Atto3 is too good in comparison.

The ambient lighting in the night is so soothing. This car has sound design. The beeps are not the usual beeps one hears in a car and are designed with intention. The cabin overall feels like you are in a premium car, especially in the night.

Kudos to BYD for a well put together product.
vinvin is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks