Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 12:54   #76
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
Yes, the app allows you to disconnect at any point in time. You can even simple charge for 15mins and move on after coffee. However it is ideal to go from 30-80% (below 30% means range anxiety, and above 80% charge speed drops a bit).

BYD uses a LFP Blade battery and there’s no restrictions to how many times you could do this.

—-
The usual DC Fast charging cost is quite expensive at about ₹25/unit including tax. Could vary a bit based on charger speed, but mostly it is this. Atto3 can take upto 88kW, so if cost/unit is same, always prefer a faster charger to save time.

Since it is considerably expensive (3-4x when compared to home charging), ideally you would want to start with 100% at home and only recharge midway as much as required to reach destination. Atto3 has good real range(~420km, conservatively put), so it helps here.

Taking your example of 1000km, here’s a tentative cost:
Start with full charge at home: ₹360 (60units*6/unit), good for 420km (₹0.75/km)
DC Charging: ₹2250 (90 units*25/unit), good for 630km (₹3.6/km)

Tentative Total cost: 2610 for 1050km (~ ₹2.5/km)

A similar trip in a 200km range car (Tiago, Nexon) could cost about ₹1000 more

Hope this helps
Hi Evolvo - Thank you so much for your quick reply, it will surely help. I have sent him the attached sheet which is comparison between EV vs Hybrid vs Petrol AT for 8 years usage for his specific usage. I have tried to be optimistic with petrol pricing for such long period. He is still apprehensive buying EV costing 36 lacs. He is very impressed with Hycross Hybrid because of 21kmpl city FE and no mental block taking Hybrid car for 1000km journey, which he does once or twice a year. Above all its Toyota and its reliability. Currently he drive 2013 Honda City MT. He will be buying as company car (his entitlement of 30 lacs & above that he has to pay from his pocket). He is not keen buying any car costing less than 30 lacs onroad Delhi.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BYD Atto 3 vs Hybrid vs Petrol AT.pdf (459.9 KB, 487 views)

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 5th May 2023 at 12:58.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 13:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi Evolvo - I have sent him the attached sheet which is comparison between EV vs Hybrid vs Petrol AT for 8 years usage for his specific usage.
Oh my…this is such an extensive sheet…you must be quite the friend

EVs are a no brainer, especially the newer long range ones with LFP and Skateboard and Big screens. You can’t go wrong with these, and they will age well.

It’s however very hard to convince people to change habits or their thought process. Easier to just let them be, and they will realise in few years.

I’ve had so many of my relatives and friends asking for thoughts on this car….of course I give a good review, as the car is quite good.

A few have bought already, and once they start using and liking, they will recommend to others. No amount of convincing or advertising beats word of mouth

Last edited by evolvo : 5th May 2023 at 13:13.
evolvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 20:09   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
Oh my…this is such an extensive sheet…you must be quite the friend

EVs are a no brainer, especially the newer long range ones with LFP and Skateboard and Big screens. You can’t go wrong with these, and they will age well.

It’s however very hard to convince people to change habits or their thought process. Easier to just let them be, and they will realise in few years.

I’ve had so many of my relatives and friends asking for thoughts on this car….of course I give a good review, as the car is quite good.

A few have bought already, and once they start using and liking, they will recommend to others. No amount of convincing or advertising beats word of mouth
Hi Evolvo, you are right about difficulty in convincing people to go for EV, specially this expensive. My friend indeed has decided for Toyota Hycross ZX(O) and ready to wait till Oct 2023 as it has huge waiting. He believe that Hybrid is future and Hycross being from Toyota, it is peace of mind for 10 years or more. He did not even tried for test drive of Atto3
Old 7th May 2023, 07:52   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
Congratulations on the Purchase !
I test drove the vehicle and it was great. This is one vehicle that I am fine to have in a one car garage because the range is high enough and it is future proof in terms of being able to take high DC charge rates.
But my dad felt the under thigh support in the back seat was not sufficient. How was the experience of rear seat passengers in your car in your drives so far esp compared to your other cars?
You are right. The under thigh support is lesser than that on my BMW GT 330i or Toyota Altis. But it's slightly lesser. And it's not been a problem for us at all. We have not done very long drives on Atto so far. Maximum has been a 2 hour long drive within NCR.

Earlier I also had the Mercedes B180. Back seat on Atto 3 is more comfortable than that on Mercedes B180 for sure. And basis my XC40 Recharge test drive, I feel it's better than the back seat of Volvo XC40 Recharge also.
aseemsood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 22:14   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hi Evolvo, you are right about difficulty in convincing people to go for EV, specially this expensive. My friend indeed has decided for Toyota Hycross ZX(O) and ready to wait till Oct 2023 as it has huge waiting. He believe that Hybrid is future and Hycross being from Toyota, it is peace of mind for 10 years or more. He did not even tried for test drive of Atto3
Hycross ZX(o) is 34.5 lakhs and BYD is 36 lakhs. With Hycross is average, he should be able to break even by 50k kms. Until or unless he needs a 7 seater, i don't understand why would he not want to get atto 3 which has sure shot 400 km range and best in class blade battery. Also tell him hybrid is not the future. Hybrid is the past which came to India 10 years late.
ferrarirules is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 23:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Also tell him hybrid is not the future. Hybrid is the past which came to India 10 years late.
If it weren't for the CAFE standards, most Indians would not have heard about hybrids, except for a few Camry owners.
SKC-auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 14:32   #82
BHPian

Hi, thanks for your response. He has some neighbours in Vasant Vihar who own EV and he mentioned that he often see them putting their EV for charging at night and removing early morning. For some strange reason, best known to him, he felt that Atto3 is very similar in size to Creta or Seltos. I told him that Atto3 is larger than even Compass in length & width, (slightly short in height) & much larger to Creta & Seltos.

Despite all this, he is not interested in even the test drive of Atto3 as he is not ready to spend 36 lacs on a Chinese EV. I think he checked with his son who are also not aware of BYD.

I would like to close the discussion now on this please.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 10:44   #83
BHPian

Hello, a quick update, my friend booked Nexa Invicto after many failed attempts to get Hycross Hybrid ZX(O).

Regarding BYD Atto3, he said he is not convinced that Chinese automakers have good future in India and hence he is avoiding to spend as high as 36 lacs on Atto3.
Old 27th June 2023, 21:46   #84
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Quick help needed from the Atto 3 owners !

I am torn between the BYD Atto 3 and the ioniq 5. I do not want to stretch my budget for the ioniq 5 however that is a much better and larger car with the swag value in it.

Did anyone of you face similar challenges ? Please share your experiences and what made you move to BYD Atto 3 over the Ioniq 5 or a similar EVs in the space.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 17:15   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Friends,

I am torn between the BYD Atto 3 and the ioniq 5. I do not want to stretch my budget for the ioniq 5 however that is a much better and larger car with the swag value in it.

Did anyone of you face similar challenges ? Please share your experiences and what made you move to BYD Atto 3 over the Ioniq 5 or a similar EVs in the space.
Hi Alive2Drive - First thing first, I neither own Ioniq 5 nor BYD Atto3, but have worked on these two cars for a friend of mine. It is a very difficult question to answer which one to get. My friend strongly believe that Chinese Auto brands future in India may not be as easy as they anticipated. However, if I talk purely in terms of technology, BYD Atto3's blade battery is superior to the battery used in Ioniq 5. The price gap between Atto3 and Ioniq 5 is 12 lacs onroad Delhi and I don't think Hyundai branch perception is so good that one would buy 48.50 lacs onroad Delhi against Atto 3 which is available for 36.50 lacs onroad Delhi.

On the other hand Ioniq 5 is definitely the best looking EV and you will admire it whenever you look at it. Atto3 is just another Creta-Seltos kind of road presence looking SUV with lost in the crowd kind of road presence.

For the price Atto3 is best VFM purchase. But if you are okay to spend 48 lacs on Hyundai, then Ioniq 5 will give you that satisfying feeling whenever you look at it or sit inside, it is so damn good.

Although it is too early to say, but I am sure both these will give you problem free ownership for 2 to 3 lacs km.
GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 18:42   #86
BANNED

Hi,

I think IONIQ 5 will be the best option. It's an awesome-looking car. I have a test drive scheduled for IONIQ 5 this Saturday. I hope it satisfies my requirements, and I proceed with the booking.
Old 29th June 2023, 06:37   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

The Atto 3 is definitely a good car for around 35 lakhs and it has all the features you would want for the price, moreover, BYD is one of the leaders when it comes to EVs now, however, the future of Chinese brands in India is a concern, which you have to keep in mind.

For 48 lakhs, the IONIQ 5 is an excellent choice and has a better brand image to it.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 21:18   #88

Quote:
Hi Friends,

I had a similar dilemma and eventually booked the Ioniq 5 (fingers crossed for delivery).
I think if you are looking for the EV to be a primary vehicle, Ioniq is clearly worth the premium - very unique design, amazing comfort, loads of space. If you have a larger sedan / SUV and are looking for an addition to the garage, the BYD is sufficient, and quite a quirky and fun car to own. To me, for the price, the BYD didn't feel premium or large enough (I was upgrading from a Creta), and the 33% premium to upgrade to an Ioniq 5 is totally worth it. The Ioniq in features, space and performance does provide an undiluted luxury experience, on par with a 50-60 lac European car, with the benefits of an EV. The BYD is just a really fun package, and would make for a great quirky addition to an already functional garage.

Whatever choice you make, they are both amazing cars and you will smile whenever you're behind the wheel, especially when you put it into Sport mode and floor the pedal!
ydx987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 23:29   #89
BHPian

VST Byd in Bangalore claims that all Atto3 billings are blocked pan India due to some issues at Chennai port (customs issues?). Any of the members here in a position to confirm or deny this?
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th July 2023, 17:47   #90
BHPian

This seems like a excellent car to own! Have a query though - Can BYD Atto 3 owners please give details around the service intervals? With a single dealership presence in Mumbai + thane + Navi Mumbai area, owning this car would mean travelling a very long distance for these services. Was really hoping new dealership to open soon in thane or navi mumbai, but seems like the wait will have to be rather a long one, which would be deal breaker for many thinking about buying this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks