Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2024, 20:34   #331

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

My BYD Atto 3 Dynamic variant was delivered to me on the 7th of October 2024. The showroom provided a warranty of 6 years.
axedrone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2024, 23:30   #332

Hi, Took delivery of Atto 3 Dynamic variant couple of days back. Have done approximately 300 km since. Would like to share my experience so if someone wants to buy this Variant can make an informed decision:

1. The 50kwh battery pack gives 320 to 370km in mix of heavy Mumbai traffic and some highway usage. I'm getting 14 kWh per 100 km, which translates to 357km. This is with AC at 24-25 degrees when outside temperature is around 36-37.

2. The Dynamic variant comes with 17 inch wheels instead of 18 inch in the other two. The ride comfort that I felt in during TD of the superior variant is still there. Couldn't notice any improvement or degradation in ride comfort.

3. The Dynamic variant doesn't have electric powered tailgate. Honestly not a big feature to miss out on unless you frequently load your boot.

4. Dynamic variant as per catalog and sales person should have only blue ambient light. But they have delivered multicolour rhythmic ambient lights on door pads. Just on the tweeter ring lights the color is fixed to a blue. This makes it such that only blue and purple shades will make sense otherwise the lights look out of sync.

5. The TD vehicle had Chaoyang tyres. They have delivered it with GoodYear tyres. The traction and grip till now seems fine/routine.

I feel from a value for money perspective this variant of Atto 3 is better than the other two variants. You don't really lose must have features features except ADAS which should've been provided but then they would have a bunch of unhappy customers who bought the top variant at 36L on road.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2024 at 23:43. Reason: Please capitalise wherever necessary.
rkgi10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2024, 17:12   #333
BHPian

We have an Atto3 owners telegram group. A few BHPians are also members of it. This group aims to discuss Atto3's ownership experience, accessories, delivery experience, and anything related to Atto3.

If an existing Atto3 owner or potential Atto3 owner wants to join, then please send me a PM.
linuxworld is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2024, 22:33   #334
BHPian

Hi guys.
Received our White Premium Atto 3 on 11/10/24( 3 months after booking).

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241012_100310.jpg

The BYD eMax7 launch event at Kochi was scheduled on 11/10/24. BYD had scheduled delivery of a batch of Atto 3s as part of the event.We arrived late for the event and hence received our car at around 8.30 PM! A photo session, handing over of keys and signing of documents.And that was that.

The car had 35 km on the odo.Only issue was that the touchscreen was erratic.It wouldnt start along with the car and had to be started separately. BYD people said that it is a software bug and the softeare has to be reinstalled.Other than this issue, the car worked fine.They picked it up today, reinstalled the software and returned the car today evening.The touchscreen is working fine now.

The car has a request sensor only on the driver side. Its not there on the passenger side. Come on, BYD! My Ignis which cost 8 lakhs has it on both sides. Should not have done it on such a premium car.

The car came with a 7.2 kw Relux charger. Since we already had a 7.2 kw charger at our home, sold the unit to one of my colleagues who was in need of a charger.
Will have to buy a 3.3 kw charging cable for the car.

This is the first instance where
- We bought a car without going to the showroom. The test drive car was brought to our home. Everything was done online or by phone calls. The car was handed over at Hotel Crowne Plaza. Still haven't
been to Kochi BYD Showroom.
- No folder was given to keep the manual/documents.
Tll date, with every car purchase, we had got increasingly premium folders.Nothing this time.Not that it matters much;Just an observation.

They gave us a complimentary ChargeMOD & Zeon RFID card & a Zeon voucher worth Rs 500.

Regarding accessories, we had taken only mud guards from the showroom( Rs.1850). We got Graphene coating done for 1 yr duration by Yasmark through the dealership(Rs.15,000). I got the mats online from a site called qpoindia. Came to Rs.3150( much more value for money than the dealership's quote of Rs.11,000).
Mats are of good quality.

Looked for more accesories online. There are a few sites which sell BYD accessories. I checked out topbyd.com. They are based at HongKong & UK.Shipping charges for orders beyond 50 USD is free.Customs charges are applicable.
Bought 4 accessories from topBYD.
- Rubber Ring seal for the charging port( prevents water & dust entry into the charging area)
- Boot Mat
- Atto3 sill plates
- Brushed Aluminium Performance Pedals

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241012_154020.jpg

The total cost came to Rs.10,300. I placed the order at the end of September.The consignment reached Kochi RMS within one week but was stuck there for more than 10 days. The consignment was finally delivered one day after we got the car. It was delivered by our local post office. I paid a Customs duty of Rs.2660.

I installed all the accessories by myself. It was easy enough. The only issue was with the Brake performance pedal, which did not fit( the brake pedal is inverse trapezoidal but the one which I got was rectangular). Enclosing a few pics.

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241012_164504.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241012_171309.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241012_171332.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241014_175845.jpg

The boot space is good. To check for the feasibilty of spare tyre, I placed our MG ZS EV spare tyre( 215/55/R17) in the boot for reference. It took up most of the space. During long drives, the only feasible option is to carry the tyre behind the driver's seat. Will have to explore other options for spare tyre. For those interested, you can get an alloy from BYD for 15k and a full size tyre from 10k onwards. The space saver which BYD can provide is a 17 inch tyre, so may not work well.

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241014_180218.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241014_180323.jpg

We travelled to Trivandrum two days after we got the car. Its a 340km round trip. Traffic was heavy in the return leg. We started with 100% SoC and came back home with 17% SoC( did not charge on the way).So, a realistic range of 400km is definitely available.

Happy with the car so far. That's it for now.
sushanthys is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 10:53   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthys View Post
Hi guys.
Congratulations on getting the car. I also bought a few accessories from TopBYD, and their support is really nice. They respond to queries very fast. I will get the car sometime in November or December, and hopefully, the accessories will arrive by then.

Regarding mats, I really like the TopBYD TPE SGS option but it is costly. I am still searching for options.

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th October 2024 at 09:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
newenergy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 18:38   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys.

The boot space is good. To check for the feasibilty of spare tyre, I placed our MG ZS EV spare tyre( 215/55/R17) in the boot for reference. It took up most of the space. During long drives, the only feasible option is to carry the tyre behind the driver's seat. Will have to explore other options for spare tyre. For those interested, you can get an alloy from BYD for 15k and a full size tyre from 10k onwards. The space saver which BYD can provide is a 17 inch tyre, so may not work well.

Happy with the car so far. That's it for now.
I believe you can store the spare tire under the floor bed panel in the trunk. You have to remove a couple of screws and that unit that holds the tire repair kit can be removed. Your spare tire will fit in that space with enough extra space for the tire repair kit, jack, etc. There are quite a few videos on youtube (and earlier in this very thread) with details as to how to do this. Much better than keeping it behind the front seat or on top of the bottom panel in the trunk (which takes up too much space).
thejaguar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 23:16   #337

Quote:
Hi guys.
Please share images of the qpo mats. Also what is your review with the mats. Im confused between the qpo mats and the pharoah mats for my atto3.

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th October 2024 at 09:53. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please don’t quote entire long posts. It inconveniences readers on mobile devices.
Old 16th October 2024, 11:44   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai47 View Post
Please share images of the qpo mats. Also what is your review with the mats. Im confused between the qpo mats and the pharoah mats for my atto3.
Hi sai47.

The mats are XPE mats.
They are not premium mats.But they are of good quality. For Rs 3150, its definitely worth it. Along with the car, they should age well.

Enclosing pictures.

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241016_110034.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241016_100056.jpg

BYD Atto 3 Review-20241016_100033.jpg

I have no idea regarding Pharoah mats.
Premium mats are available at topbyd.com, bydaccessories.com etc. But they are priced in the 10-15k range. Customs duty will also be applicable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks