Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2024, 11:19   #286
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakverma97 View Post
So while we were booking the car, we got an estimate of INR350 per meter, whereas when the inspection executive came in, he quoted INR355 per meter which later on became INR 900 somehow. My issue is with the inconsistency in the estimates that these guys are giving.

I am okay going ahead with 16 mm wire, given the logic of high voltage and safety measures, but the only problem I have is that laying a wire is not a 1 lakh rupee job anyway, just doesn't make any sense. My concern was that I am getting the same wire from the supplier at a cheaper rate and upon consulting him, he just confirmed that the installation company is just duping us at this point.

Need suggestions if I can get the recommended wiring done by my trusted source and just get these guys to install the charger once the car is in.
Option 1: get wiring done from your own source and inform and take approval of BYD team for the same.
Option 2: buy wire yourself, give it to BYD team and ask them to charge just for installation.
Old 14th September 2024, 11:42   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Because of the length of the wire which is 100 meters, you have no choice but to go for a 16 sq.mm wire.
Had the length been less, you could have gone with a 10 sq.mm wire.

If you do use a lower thickness 10 sq.mm then there will a voltage loss and the wire will also heat up a lot, leading to any terminals in the switches or plug heating up and deforming the plastics that will most probably start a fire. Remember you are talking about several hours of 7kW continous load.
Most of the charger installers will make you waste a lot of money for things that are not required and they are all generally 3rd party companies that work on commision. Also as mentioned by someone else, the cable comes from your meter nor your apartment. So unless the meter is near your flat which they generally aren't - this seems to be a bit strange.

I would suggest 100% use your own trusted electrician and get it done yourself. Instead wasting that much money why not fit a standard 15amp A/C plug with a MCB ? Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ctric-car.html (Why a cheap & simple 15A plug is just fine for home-charging your Electric Car)

I have used standard 15amp plugs since the past 4-5 years with a portable 3.3kw charger that can be picked up on Amazon for around 18-20k and still do so with my Seal. If my battery is say 30-40% it takes an overnight and say half the next day for a full charge and with the Atto3 battery size it will be less than that.

Last edited by zandot : 14th September 2024 at 11:53.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 22:16   #288

Guys any update on deliveries for the dynamic variant? Delhi delaership today tells me that they have no news of cars having even been dispatched from china. They claim there is some internal issue but dont elaborate. They further say they expect some news by end of september about when cars will be dispatched. So basically, they are clueless.

I’ll probably wait for a week more and seek refund. Being in delhi and thanks to withdrawal of the road tax waiver, prices have already gone up by about 3 lakhs. So may not make too much sense for me any longer.

But anyone has any update on deliveries? Any leads appreciated

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th September 2024 at 22:25. Reason: Typo fix
Old 14th September 2024, 23:11   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arav99 View Post
Guys any update on deliveries for the dynamic variant? Delhi delaership today tells me that they have no news of cars having even been dispatched from china. They claim there is some internal issue but dont elaborate. They further say they expect some news by end of september about when cars will be dispatched. So basically, they are clueless.

I’ll probably wait for a week more and seek refund. Being in delhi and thanks to withdrawal of the road tax waiver, prices have already gone up by about 3 lakhs. So may not make too much sense for me any longer.

But anyone has any update on deliveries? Any leads appreciated
Same here. No updates and they're just parroting that hq will give allocation and update in month end. So thinking to cancel. Btw if we ask for refund will there be full refund or some cancellation fee will be charged? Any knowledge on this will be appreciated.
Old 14th September 2024, 23:33   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkgi10 View Post
Same here. No updates and they're just parroting that hq will give allocation and update in month end. So thinking to cancel. Btw if we ask for refund will there be full refund or some cancellation fee will be charged? Any knowledge on this will be appreciated.
Well, they had taken an amount of 50000 as booking fee. They have always claimed that the amount is fully refundable. I in fact even got it in writing through a sales rep. I made sure he writes to me on whatsapp that the amount is refundable. But even today, they never deny that the entire amount would be refunded in case I chose to cancel.
Old 15th September 2024, 12:29   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthys View Post
Since it is Onam next month, the dealership is positive that we will be allotted the car by then. Having said that, they have been maintaining radio silence for the last 1 week.
Did you receive further updates from the dealer about the delivery?
Old 15th September 2024, 16:43   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworld View Post
Did you receive further updates from the dealer about the delivery?
The dealership received the first shipment last week.They said they got only dynamic & Superior variants.No premium variants. They offered us a Black Superior car but we opted against it.
Another shipment is expected in the second half of this month.According to them, ours will be included in that.
sushanthys is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks